• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Earthquake/Anyone feel that?

sure a 5-6 quake makes news, but people don't freak out.

After they report it, the stations go right back to whatever was happening.

Now if there was 4" of snow in Newport Beach, that would be worth paying to see.

Cause that shit happens there all the time

IT DOESN'T HAPPEN HERE ALL THE TIME

we on the same page now?

Some people in my building felt it, but I did not. I guess I was too engrossed in my work.

fuuuu

8th Floor Office Building in DC, Chinatown.

Definitely contemplated my own mortality there for a minute. Building was completely moving all over the place. Crazy.

People around here are definitely freaking out. Most of the buildings have been evacuated. Metro shut down.

Was hearing a bit from folks downtown who said it was pretty crazy. An earthquake of that magnitude was definitely too aggressive for my first experience.

sure a 5-6 quake makes news, but people don't freak out.

After they report it, the stations go right back to whatever was happening.

Now if there was 4" of snow in Newport Beach, that would be worth paying to see.

Right. But we all live on the east freaking coast, of course we are going to go nuts when we get a big quake... it doesn't happen. In fact, most significant weather events even if they are somewhat routine (blizzards, hurricanes) cause people to freak out and get excited.

The fact that you even bothered to come on the thread to pull out your dick and show us its bigger cause you live in the earthquake capital of the world is ridiculous.

Me too, I was at chipotle getting some grub and missed the whole thing. Apparently the office was shaking for those in my building though.

chipotle: so good, you ignore natural disasters.

Right. But we all live on the east freaking coast, of course we are going to go nuts when we get a big quake... it doesn't happen. In fact, most significant weather events even if they are somewhat routine (blizzards, hurricanes) cause people to freak out and get excited.

The fact that you even bothered to come on the thread to pull out your dick and show us its bigger cause you live in the earthquake capital of the world is ridiculous.

GEEZ....Did you not see the last sentence?

I made fun of what woudl happen to Californians if there was a minimal amount of snow.

Was hearing a bit from folks downtown who said it was pretty crazy. An earthquake of that magnitude was definitely too aggressive for my first experience.

Most people were relieved that there was no mushroom cloud...

Not really. The entire West Coast would be freaking out if they got hit by a category 5 hurricane.

The entire East Coast would be freaking too, a category 5 is ridiculous. Maybe you meant a category 3?

East coast buildings aren't equipped for quakes like the ones in Cali, either.

Back