• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Earthquake/Anyone feel that?

anyone remember the earthquake that happened during the Worl Series? 1989, I think?

Didn't feel it in Charleston, SC but have heard others in SC did feel it.

3rd floor in downtown DC and that was quite a rumble! My first quake and wasn't sure what it was at first. Evacuated for a bit, but now back in the office with no real damage (just a couple pictures off kilter). Hope the house and pets are ok!

Parents in Richmond said nothing too crazy there, although hopefully our lake house in Lake Anna (Mineral, VA is the town and was the epicenter) are ok. My dad said the nuclear power plant at Lake Anna was automatically shut down as per protocol for something like this.

My friend who works in the Pentagon really freaked out. Don't blame her.

Sister-in-law who works on the 31st floor in NYC felt the building sway and knocked over her water bottle but said people on the street didn't feel it.

Hold F11 down and look at this picture
vanewzz.gif

8th Floor Office Building in DC, Chinatown.

Definitely contemplated my own mortality there for a minute. Building was completely moving all over the place. Crazy.

People around here are definitely freaking out. Most of the buildings have been evacuated. Metro shut down.

Felt it in NW DC (Cleveland Park) apartment building shook pretty good.

Metro is not shut down, though. 15mph limit until they check all the tracks, so expect delays, but you'll get home.

I've got to take it out to vienna tonight. Not looking forward to it.

Back