Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Reputation: The great mystery!

Historically Competitive
    Was this in order to get rid of anonymous reps?

Yeah. All reps are signed now

Historically Competitive
    Cool...that is much better. Anon neg reps suck.

Sheikh of Smoke
    Yeah, we ended up having a lot of people calling to end anonymous rep, so we put it to a vote. It was overwhelmingly for making rep public, so in order to reset everything and preserve the anonymity of previous rep, we had to delete it all. Everything has been backed up, so if the experiment doesnt work out, we can always revert it back.

Quote Originally Posted by tsywake View Post
    Yeah, we ended up having a lot of people calling to end anonymous rep, so we put it to a vote. It was overwhelmingly for making rep public, so in order to reset everything and preserve the anonymity of previous rep, we had to delete it all. Everything has been backed up, so if the experiment doesnt work out, we can always revert it back.
    So you're sayin there's a chance.

Sheikh of Smoke
    Yes, yes I am. It depends on how, when, and if you guys change your mind again.

Historically Competitive
    I say instead of preserving the anonymity of the previous, that you just give back all the rep and out all the people that were too chicken to sign their name. That would be a lot of fun actually. Letting everyone see who wrote what. Would probably open a lot of eyes.

Can we put that to a vote? I bet we would get an overwhelming majority. I signed all my reps except for maybe 1 or 2 that I can remember, so I certainly would be for outing all the anon reps that were made. What say you Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangor View Post
    I say instead of preserving the anonymity of the previous, that you just give back all the rep and out all the people that were too chicken to sign their name. That would be a lot of fun actually. Letting everyone see who wrote what. Would probably open a lot of eyes.

Can we put that to a vote? I bet we would get an overwhelming majority. I signed all my reps except for maybe 1 or 2 that I can remember, so I certainly would be for outing all the anon reps that were made. What say you Mods?
    Dude, where ya been? We gots a 28 page thread where things were discussed, people were ridiculed, and hammers were dropped: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showt...Rep-Now-Public!

Historically Competitive
    Been busy lately

Historically Competitive
    Corn is in the ground...but really just a lot of repairs to the grain bins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangor View Post
    Corn is in the ground...but really just a lot of repairs to the grain bins.
    Nice. When does the cotton go in the ground? Or has ethanol and corn syrup turned you guys into mostly corn producers?

Historically Competitive
    Soon...probably once it dries up. Usually about the third week of April. We still have plenty of the white thread.

Just out of curiosity, is there a feature we could add to allow everyone to see Rep they've left?

Sheikh of Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFaithful View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there a feature we could add to allow everyone to see Rep they've left?
    Not that we know of. Admins can see it, but even we as mods cant see that.

Not that we know of. Admins can see it, but even we as mods cant see that.
    or...can...we?
    Obsessed with RJK since 2005

Resident Astrophysicist
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxFaithful View Post
    I think there are addons that can do this, but I'd rather not waste our cycles on that.

Quote Originally Posted by TWDeac View Post
    I think there are addons that can do this, but I'd rather not waste our cycles on that.
    Fair enough! Was just wondering if it was an available feature.

There's almost nothing for vBulletin that you can think of that someone hasn't already implemented. That said, the add-ons may be behind on the new release compared to the previous version that was very mature.

Had only there been someone who suggested this a while back. haha I got flamed hard core for saying anon rep was stupid.