• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I agree that rep shouldn't be hidden. I love how it's done on BigSoccer.com (also vbulletin) and you can see exactly who gave you negative or positive rep.

I see no reason why it should be anonymous.

People would be far less willing to give neg rep in fear that they would get retaliation neg rep.

Whether that's good or not, guess that's up for discussion.

People would be far less willing to give neg rep in fear that they would get retaliation neg rep.

Whether that's good or not, guess that's up for discussion.

True.

On the discussion front, I would argue that it would cause people to at least pause a bit before hitting that neg rep button. That's not such a bad thing.

True.

On the discussion front, I would argue that it would cause people to at least pause a bit before hitting that neg rep button. That's not such a bad thing.

My initial reaction is this kind of seems like a derivative of just posting responses, but if you and RJ can get a couple more people to agree with you, I'll bring it up on the mod board and go from there.

My initial reaction is this kind of seems like a derivative of just posting responses, but if you and RJ can get a couple more people to agree with you, I'll bring it up on the mod board and go from there.

Well, what's the argument the other way? Why have it be anonymous? I feel like it overly encourages the gang up mentality and bad posters get nailed much quicker than they otherwise would without even giving them a chance to shape up.

Well, what's the argument the other way? Why have it be anonymous? I feel like it overly encourages the gang up mentality and bad posters get nailed much quicker than they otherwise would without even giving them a chance to shape up.

I would say it discourages ganging up, unless someone openly posts "neg rep." Otherwise, no one knows who's pos repping and who's neg repping. Makes it less of a popularity contest and more of a reaction to the content of individual posts, IMO.

I'm not married to the way we have it, and this is the first forum I've used that has it. But it would take a lot of popular support for us to change it. But if that occurs, we'd be happy to do so - the will of the people and all that.

I didn't even give our your other name, rj. I'm sure you will do that all on your psychotic own.

I always sign my rep positive or negative. i stand by my comments. the neg rep mafia has hit me with a few neg reps. some even signed that.

I didn't even give our your other name, rj. I'm sure you will do that all on your psychotic own.

Mods calling peopel psychotic...that's really good.....it shows leadership and the ability to be even handed....

Yep sure does.

I would say it discourages ganging up, unless someone openly posts "neg rep." Otherwise, no one knows who's pos repping and who's neg repping. Makes it less of a popularity contest and more of a reaction to the content of individual posts, IMO.

I'm not married to the way we have it, and this is the first forum I've used that has it. But it would take a lot of popular support for us to change it. But if that occurs, we'd be happy to do so - the will of the people and all that.

Before you go,"Hey RJ, do the double quote", I hit the button and didn't work.

As to "ganging up" it encourages ganging up if no one knows who did it. Plus it allows people to hide an attack anyone and everyone they don't like.

It's 100% a popularity contest the way it is.

RJ, you have your marching orders. Start a petition. If this is as big a deal as you think it is, you'll have plenty of names on that list. Until then, we as mods aren't going to make a change that big just because one vocal poster wants us to.

03 raised some good points. I'd recommend including them in any petition you draw up.

Slim, if you are being honest with yourself, you'd admit anything with my name on it has no shot.

Of course to you, it's appropriate for a mod to call a poster "psychotic".. It shows real fairness on his part.

Slim, if you are being honest with yourself, you'd admit anything with my name on it has no shot.

Of course to you, it's appropriate for a mod to call a poster "psychotic".. It shows real fairness on his part.

You want change? I gave you a roadmap. Now do something about it.

Why should a mod have to be fair and balanced? As long as they enforce the TOS as written, they should have the freedom to post like any other member.

If you can list any instances where Deacvision has unfairly enforced the written rules, I will back you.

FWIW, I agree with RJ. Make it show who gives any rep. Good or bad.

I haven't been signing my neg reps, but I think I'll start doing it

Rj, I've got your back on the rep thing.

On the dv7 thing, however, I think you're wrong. If he thinks you're an idiot, he should be able to say so regardless of whether or not he's a mod. If he starts editing your posts, then I'd say you have a valid gripe. Until then, just post in a manner that he doesn't think is idiotic or, alternatively, just deal with the fact that he thinks you're an idiot.

03, you and 08 need to take the lead on the rep thing. If I'm involved you've got no chance.

RJ is being annoying, but I do agree that rep should be shown. We already have the anonymous, passive-aggressive tag system...no need for another anonymous, passive-aggressive rep system.

Count me in as one who thinks the rep thing is pretty sucky. Of course, I've got negative rep, so go figure.

I don't really much care and don't plan to "rep" anyone, good or bad. Even after I get to 50 posts. If I care to comment positive or negative, I'll just do it on the thread...don't want or need some doubly anonymous rep tool. I do think silly people will just tend to rep the poster rather than the posts.

[yow]whatever[/yow]

Sign me up for changing it to a non-anonymous system, if it is favored to stay at all.

See my glorious referendum in the pit for a vote.

(The dark side is currently winning though)

Back