• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'll make you a bet. I bet the same person who broke the douchebaggery rule multiple times towards me is one of the culprits. In fact his neg is EXACTLY the terminology of his rule breaking act.

As I sad privately, this is going to be something that divides people more than it is helpful. It's 100% about personality.

If you think it's anything else, you're kidding yourself.

I'll make you a bet. I bet the same person who broke the douchebaggery rule multiple times towards me is one of the culprits. In fact his neg is EXACTLY the terminology of his rule breaking act.

As I sad privately, this is going to be something that divides people more than it is helpful. It's 100% about personality.

If you think it's anything else, you're kidding yourself.

Who broke the douchebaggery rule?

I'd probably say that both you and the person you are talking about are being douchebags, so it evens out in the end.

No there were two threads started specifically to be inflammatory...one of the politicsboard-Why do you lie...and one that specifically called me out?

I don't even know who the person is who started each of them. I've never said a single word to that person. Thus your premise couldn't be further from being accurate.

I do have an idea. This board is supposed to pride itself on transparency. If this is the case, then both positive and negative rep commenets should include who made them.

You are for transparency aren't you?

In fact a list of who make the most positive and neg rep posts would show the rest of the board which ones to pay attention to as you progress.

RJ, if you're so concerned about your e-rep, I'm pretty sure complaining to the people who can dole out 10 points at a time isn't the best way to boost it.

We have a suggestions thread on both forums. If you have suggestions, take them there. This is a technical support forum for technical support.

Let me say this as sclearly as I can. It's not about me. It's about the success of the boards. By having this and having it in secret, you encourage people creating vendettas and acting badly.

You're off to a decent start. Why promote some that will naturally lead to the type of douchebaggery you abhor?

That's the point. It's not me. If it was me, I'd say so.

You are opening a door you don't need to open.

I was going to neg rep RJ, but in the interest of transparency, I'll just post it here:

Stop being a whiny bitch.

People over her need to learn to READ.

I don't give a rat's ass about the "rep"

What I was trying to do is save problems later on.

You are the only one with a problem. We have heard your point.

Now let's move on. Thank you.

I don't like having to give rep to 5 people before going back to the first... could there at least be some sort of time limit? Like if I only think User X deserves positive rep, and 2 weeks later I want to give him more rep, I probably still can't.

I don't like having to give rep to 5 people before going back to the first... could there at least be some sort of time limit? Like if I only think User X deserves positive rep, and 2 weeks later I want to give him more rep, I probably still can't.

It was 10 different users, but it has been changed to 5.

I just ngarepped FTDC, but the message I received in response looks like the one I get when I give pos rep...did that change?

Also, I didn't receive an answer for the first question. Danke.

I have a little over 1000 reputation points and I think I have 8 boxes, so I don't think one box is 100 points.

Also, I just gave out pos and neg rep and the response looked appropriate for each action.

Back