• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are powedered doughnuts overrated?

Are powdered doughnuts overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • doofus/numbers

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KK used to have a powdered blueberry donut that was probably their best ever.

If you every make it to Blacksburg, check out Carol Lee Donuts on N. Main St. They're not powdered but their blueberry donuts are mahvelous.

Wow lots of dead posters on this thread.

Yeah glazed is generally better than powdered. Except for an apple filled jelly donut, that needs to have cinnamon sugar powder on it.

No - they are properly rated. No one has ever said they are the best doughnuts - just pretty darn good. The Sweet Sixteen call is a good one. The chocolate covered sweet sixteens are better but the powdered ones are good as well.

Do you need directions to the unpopular opinions thread?

KK's glazed doughnuts are like eating sugar puffed-up air. If you eat them soon after they are made the taste is OK, I guess....but you would have to eat 4 or 5 of them to know you had anything because, as I said, they are mostly puffed-up air. And if you happen to eat them 30 minutes later they are dried-up and have almost no taste at all.

KK's glazed doughnuts are like eating sugar puffed-up air. If you eat them soon after they are made the taste is OK, I guess....but you would have to eat 4 or 5 of them to know you had anything because, as I said, they are mostly puffed-up air. And if you happen to eat them 30 minutes later they are dried-up and have almost no taste at all.

No taste? That a scorching hot take. Do you cover all your food in sriracha? Do you order the 44 oz soda and ask for extra sugar? Don't like the taste? Ok. Hot fresh now tastes like pure sugar? Sure. No taste at all? You may want to see a doctor.

I just ate a sleeve of mini powdered donuts. I had zero expectations. They were fine.

Back