• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

It might not be until next week, but I'm going to go by the public library and see what I can find one afternoon when I get off work. If there are any specific things people want to find out, let me know.

I'm definitely going to look for the newspaper article on the fire that killed the child. I'm also going to look up the obits from both childrends deaths. I'll add Milts will to that.

Here's a list of what the Davie County Public Library has on microfilm in the history room: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ncdavhgs/microfilminventory.pdf

They do have the Davie Record from 1899 - 1927 - drawer 7A

Davie County Historical & Genealogical Society

Last edited:
There's also a Livengood Road that crosses Fort Bixby Road about 2 miles north of the property.

I know most of the Livengoods on that road. From what I can tell today, this family owned a large amount of land in the area. There are quite a few people that I know who purchased land directly from Mrs. Annie Livengood.

Bad news, the grandaughter of Milt and Annie (Ann Younts) wants nothing to do with the FD. She didnt want us to purchase the land back in 2005 because she didnt want us to eventually tear down the house. I wont be able to get any information from her.

I know most of the Livengoods on that road. From what I can tell today, this family owned a large amount of land in the area. There are quite a few people that I know who purchased land directly from Mrs. Annie Livengood.

Bad news, the grandaughter of Milt and Annie (Ann Younts) wants nothing to do with the FD. She didnt want us to purchase the land back in 2005 because she didnt want us to eventually tear down the house. I wont be able to get any information from her.

I've really enjoyed following this saga. Maybe Ann Younts is in cohoots with Milt to save the house. Maybe she's....possessed by Milt.

Its all coming back to me now. I remember one of the daughters refusing at first to sell to us because she didnt want the house destroyed to build the new station. In the end, we were the only ones who put an offer in on the house so money talked. I've got a nice foothold now, so we should be getting a lot more information soon. I'm impressed with all the legwork yodeacsgo and others have done on here already.

It would've been A LOT easier had I noticed tsy mentioned the majority of the dude's name on page 4. Oh well, it was kinda fun finding the info.

Good work. Nell is still alive, and the info on Treva mentions Everharts, and we have a 70+ year old member of our fire department who is an Everhart. I'll ask him if he knows anything tonight.

You have a 70 year old firefighter? Guess there aren't a lot of fires there (apart from crib fires).

Its all coming back to me now. I remember one of the daughters refusing at first to sell to us because she didnt want the house destroyed to build the new station. In the end, we were the only ones who put an offer in on the house so money talked. I've got a nice foothold now, so we should be getting a lot more information soon. I'm impressed with all the legwork yodeacsgo and others have done on here already.

I've solved it. This is essentially a Nancy Drew story. Annie has set up elaborate systems to make the place seem haunted because she wants people to move out and leave the house all to herself. Possessed kid is explained by whatever weird chemicals OGD suggested, placed by Annie.

BOOYAH

And she would have gotten away with it if not for you meddling kids and your dog.

Edit: Knight beat me by a few seconds. Damn you!

You have a 70 year old firefighter? Guess there aren't a lot of fires there (apart from crib fires).

Lol, yeah. He's retired twice, but keeps coming back as a volunteer. He's deaf, you can't understand him and be gets in the way often, but we don't have the heart to tell him not to come. All he does is direct traffic.

Wasn't there a Brady Bunch episode where the kids made the house "haunted" in an attempt (successfully) to prevent the parents from selling the house?

Lol, yeah. He's retired twice, but keeps coming back as a volunteer. He's deaf, you can't understand him and be gets in the way often, but we don't have the heart to tell him not to come. All he does is direct traffic.

This screams liability.

We didnt issue him gear, and we severely limit what he can do. He's been doing it for over 50 years, so we give him a little leeway. He's seen more things than most people can imagine. On top of that, he's related to the haunted family. So I won't mess with him too much.

Back