• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

Do you think the church where he is buried would have photos of him?

Who is the one who told the story on the old boards about camping out and having their tent cut up? Looking back I guess it was bullshit but it made for a great story.

Lol, yeah. He's retired twice, but keeps coming back as a volunteer. He's deaf, you can't understand him and be gets in the way often, but we don't have the heart to tell him not to come. All he does is direct traffic.

Need me to have a word with him?

J is sitting on the couch with me as I show him all the research that's been done; he's still very much of the opinion that someone just needs to go say hi to milt and ask him what he needs/that you're there to help. He' doesn't think an exorcism is the way to go.

in semi-related news, on the radio on the way home today people were calling in and talking about their personal ghost encounters, etc; there was a woman w/ a daughter who had an imaginary friend named 'lisa'. lisa liked chocolate milk and lived in a green house. what the daughter never could have known was that the family had an older daughter years earlier who was killed in an accident. her name was lisa, and they house they lived in at that point was green. i had to turn the radio station before anyone else could share, i just don't do well with that stuff.

Do you think the church where he is buried would have photos of him?

I'm not sure, but I know a few people who go to that church (largest one in the area) who might be able to get an old directory, if one exists.

One of the other board members has been in contact with a paranormal group out of Charlotte who has offered to come and investigate for free. I'm hoping to get a lot of the background historical documentation done before the October board meeting, so we can move forward with this.

The family has moved most of their stuff out, but a few things remain. I think if we do decide to do an exorcism, it'll be a last resort. I'm interested to find out what/who is in there and what their purpose is. If there is some sort of closure they need to move on, then I'm all for helping them along the way. Someone suggested last night that the possession was a way for the spirit to try and communicate. Who knows. As long as it is gone/peaceful when we tear down the house and build the new station, then I'll be happy.

amazing thread. lol doe ray egon.

J is sitting on the couch with me as I show him all the research that's been done; he's still very much of the opinion that someone just needs to go say hi to milt and ask him what he needs/that you're there to help. He' doesn't think an exorcism is the way to go.

in semi-related news, on the radio on the way home today people were calling in and talking about their personal ghost encounters, etc; there was a woman w/ a daughter who had an imaginary friend named 'lisa'. lisa liked chocolate milk and lived in a green house. what the daughter never could have known was that the family had an older daughter years earlier who was killed in an accident. her name was lisa, and they house they lived in at that point was green. i had to turn the radio station before anyone else could share, i just don't do well with that stuff.

That's a wild story. And I'm also not a fan of the exorcism route.

No offense to anyone here, but this thread has given me first-hand evidence that even intelligent, well-educated people will readily believe anything they want without proof or rational/scientific investigation. This must be how the world's some 2000 religions came into being and flourished for so long.

No offense to anyone here, but this thread has given me first-hand evidence that even intelligent, well-educated people will readily believe anything they want without proof or rational/scientific investigation. This must be how the world's some 2000 religions came into being and flourished for so long.

uncalled for. Way to try and derail this thread. Again.

Actually I just re-read back in the thread, and I guess I was really the one who derailed it the first time. But your most recent post seems like a pretty blatant attempt to draw someone into a theological debate, which I hope fails.

More ghost stories, less religion.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Hmm i felt like both were on the broader topic of whether or not it is a supernatural agent causing the trouble at the tsy house and how we reach those conclusions. You attended Wake Forest. Its ok to be a little intellectual every now and then.

I don't believe in ghosts. Why would a ghost say, you know what? I'd really like to come back and live in my old flat. He could be knockin about with Churchill and Amy Winehouse instead. Makes no sense.

I don't believe in ghosts. Why would a ghost say, you know what? I'd really like to come back and live in my old flat. He could be knockin about with Churchill and Amy Winehouse instead. Makes no sense.

Also, why do you want to come back as an old man? If I'm Milt, I want to come back as a sprightly 25 year old. The only banging you'll hear is me, giving it to a hot ghost chick. Not an old plaster wall or a cupboard.

Moreover, if a person's soul survives and takes ghostly form, why is it wearing clothes? Do clothes have souls as well? Why do they come too? If there are ghosts, shouldn't they all be naked?

NAKED GHOSTS, FTMFW.

Back