• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

Also, why do you want to come back as an old man? If I'm Milt, I want to come back as a sprightly 25 year old. The only banging you'll hear is me, giving it to a hot ghost chick. Not an old plaster wall or a cupboard.

Moreover, if a person's soul survives and takes ghostly form, why is it wearing clothes? Do clothes have souls as well? Why do they come too? If there are ghosts, shouldn't they all be naked?

NAKED GHOSTS, FTMFW.

Great, now Lucas will change the end of ROTJ again just to add naked Jedi ghosts.

Pretty much any time I go anywhere, I have my wallet in my front right pocket, and my iPhone, keys and chapstick in my front left pocket. If I'm a ghost, do those items come with me as well? Like, is the ghost carrying a ghost cell phone in his pocket?

Pretty much any time I go anywhere, I have my wallet in my front right pocket, and my iPhone, keys and chapstick in my front left pocket. If I'm a ghost, do those items come with me as well? Like, is the ghost carrying a ghost cell phone in his pocket?

You shouldn't keep your keys in the same pocket as your phone mang. That's not good for the phone's health.

I don't believe in ghosts. Why would a ghost say, you know what? I'd really like to come back and live in my old flat. He could be knockin about with Churchill and Amy Winehouse instead. Makes no sense.

I love Karl Pilkington. What a legend.

Final thought: as a ghost, do I get to choose the clothes I wear in the afterlife? Or am I stuck wearing what I wore the most? I mean, when it comes down to it, if you added up the hours, I probably spend the majority of my time in my house just wearing a pair of boxers, as that is what I wear when I sleep. So does that mean if I become a ghost, I'm going to be rocking only a pair of ghost boxers?

What if I wear 2 outfits equally as much? Like, I wear a t-shirt and jeans combo exactly 1/2 the time, and maybe a polo shirt and khakis ensemble the other 1/2. Which one do I wear as a ghost? Can my ghost change clothes? Seems like you only hear about ghost wearing one outfit (usually it's an old woman or little kid wearing a long dress -- lame, let's see those gams, ghost bitches).

Who decides the ghost clothing situation? Me? God? Lucifer? My wife's ghost?

Final thought: as a ghost, do I get to choose the clothes I wear in the afterlife? Or am I stuck wearing what I wore the most? I mean, when it comes down to it, if you added up the hours, I probably spend the majority of my time in my house just wearing a pair of boxers, as that is what I wear when I sleep. So does that mean if I become a ghost, I'm going to be rocking only a pair of ghost boxers?

What if I wear 2 outfits equally as much? Like, I wear a t-shirt and jeans combo exactly 1/2 the time, and maybe a polo shirt and khakis ensemble the other 1/2. Which one do I wear as a ghost? Can my ghost change clothes? Seems like you only hear about ghost wearing one outfit (usually it's an old woman or little kid wearing a long dress -- lame, let's see those gams, ghost bitches).

Who decides the ghost clothing situation? Me? God? Lucifer? My wife's ghost?

I always thought you'd be wearing what they dressed you in for your funeral, which is why it is so important that you determine your final outfit - put it in your will or a letter to your spouse/children/executor of your estate. Think about it...in so many cultures, the funereal attire is a very sacred matter. I would think this is one reason why.

J is sitting on the couch with me as I show him all the research that's been done; he's still very much of the opinion that someone just needs to go say hi to milt and ask him what he needs/that you're there to help. He' doesn't think an exorcism is the way to go.

in semi-related news, on the radio on the way home today people were calling in and talking about their personal ghost encounters, etc; there was a woman w/ a daughter who had an imaginary friend named 'lisa'. lisa liked chocolate milk and lived in a green house. what the daughter never could have known was that the family had an older daughter years earlier who was killed in an accident. her name was lisa, and they house they lived in at that point was green. i had to turn the radio station before anyone else could share, i just don't do well with that stuff.

Was that on Coast2Coast am?

I always thought you'd be wearing what they dressed you in for your funeral, which is why it is so important that you determine your final outfit - put it in your will or a letter to your spouse/children/executor of your estate. Think about it...in so many cultures, the funereal attire is a very sacred matter. I would think this is one reason why.

What about those steel belt mofos who get buried in their Steelers jerseys? Man, that would be pretty awesome to have a ghost walking around in a Franco Harris jersey.

I think one theory about ghosts is that they are residual energy from some traumatic event in the past, which would explain why they tend to be seen in the same locations, in the same clothes, doing the same things.

I think one theory about ghosts is that they are residual energy from some traumatic event in the past, which would explain why they tend to be seen in the same locations, in the same clothes, doing the same things.

I mean, plenty of traumatic shit goes down in the middle of the night when people are wearing PJs or underwear, but you never see a ghost wearing just a pair of briefs.

If I'm a ghost, I'm never not wearing a tuxedo.

Apparently pretty much all ghosts other than Civil War soldiers share your preference for formal wear in the afterlife.

What do more recently generations of ghosts wear? I don't think I've heard about a ghost who died in a house fire in 199 while wearing a hypercolor t-shirt. They're always wearing old suits or dresses. America has gotten way more casual since the old days, but our ghost don't seem to be reflecting modern society. Are there any modern ghosts? Don't hear much of that kind of thing.

Moreover, if a person's soul survives and takes ghostly form, why is it wearing clothes? Do clothes have souls as well? Why do they come too? If there are ghosts, shouldn't they all be naked?

NAKED GHOSTS, FTMFW.

Well, if a ghost is essentially a thoughtform perhaps that's how they imagine themselves- clothed. When you think of your own appearance, do you tend to see yourself naked? I don't know, just speculating.

The difference in dress from 1800- 1968 was very mild compared to what has changed since the 70s.

Most men wore coats and ties, even through the sixties, since then all bets are off. I love telling my kids how I use to dress in the 70’s to ride a plane, compared to the fat people boarding today wearing spandex.

As for the theory that ghost are wearing what you are dressed for your funeral, what about the ghost who were cremated? “ Dust int he wind, all we are is dust in the wind"

Sey hey is crushing this thread, per usual.

Thanks. This thread just got way too serious with people who seem to actually believe in ghosts. I like to think that 50 years from now, people will report waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a 12-year-old boy wearing a Big Johnson t-shirt and a pair of umbros standing at the foot of their bed.

As for the theory that ghost are wearing what you are dressed for your funeral, what about the ghost who were cremated? “ Dust int he wind, all we are is dust in the wind"

I imagine the cremated folks are those wispy ghosts that don't really take form...have kind of an ashen complexion.

Back