• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

I seriously can't believe that there are people in this thread actually giving serious advice to the OP about what to do with his "haunted house"

No offense to anyone here, but this thread has given me first-hand evidence that even intelligent, well-educated people will readily believe anything they want without proof or rational/scientific investigation. This must be how the world's some 2000 religions came into being and flourished for so long.

I seriously can't believe that there are people in this thread actually giving serious advice to the OP about what to do with his "haunted house"

Just have fun with it! I kind of thought it was cool that people just started talking about it as if it were real without arguing over belief in ghosts/not.

Here's how the thread would have gone the other way.

"Milt is haunting shit!"
"It's probably just chemicals."
End.

This way we got sweet stalking, google images, more ghost stories, etc.

Its-Still-Real-to-Me-Dammit.jpg

If I'm a ghost then I'm gonna naked haunt OGD to teach him a lesson. Sorry brah.

I'm gonna haunt eeeerrbody.

Can ghosts get drunk? I bet you get to see some great tabes in person as a ghost.

Can ghosts get drunk? I bet you get to see some great tabes in person as a ghost.

I would be drinking some very old bourbon in my tuxedo and smoking big fat Cuban cigars.

I already told my SIL that I will be haunting her current apartment when I die due to the massive pain of moving her in to it.

If I'm a ghost then I'm gonna naked haunt OGD to teach him a lesson. Sorry brah.

lol, well I hope you can come back as Natalie Portman. Do ghosts always have to come back as the person they were in this life?

Damn right we can get drunk. Why do you think I like to run people off? They sure as hell aren't worried about their liquor stash when they bolt out the door. Free booze! I have to be careful though, I'm not as young as I used to be. If I get too drunk, I end up accidentally possessing people and spewing ectoplasm all over the place.

Damn right we can get drunk. Why do you think I like to run people off? They sure as hell aren't worried about their liquor stash when they bolt out the door. Free booze! I have to be careful though, I'm not as young as I used to be. If I get too drunk, I end up accidentally possessing people and spewing ectoplasm all over the place.

Fuck off Milt. Go back to your HOME!

Ok I hadn’t really been paying attention to this thread until the other day, and I wanted to take the time to write up this experience I had that was eerily similar to what some other people have been recounting here. It’s kind of long so bear with me.

So when I was in high school in Charlotte, my friend’s grandmother, who had lived in the same house basically her entire adult life in, started to get numerous health problems and required 24 hour care. His family wanted her to stay comfortable, so rather than put her in an assisted living community they hired people to watch and care for her all the time.

My friend’s family would go visit often to try to keep her spirits up, but they could see her deteriorating and wanted her to just be comfortable. She only hung on for about a year after her condition was really bad, but it seemed that my friend’s family was happy for what they thought was a fairly good last few months for her to experience.

Ok, back up a little bit, and while she was alive, the grandmother (I actually don’t know what her name was but to my buddy she was Nanna so that’s what I’ll call her) had been living alone for about a decade because her husband had died in the late 80s. At some point, Nanna had lost a necklace that had been a gift from her husband that had one of those lockets with each of their pictures on either side when you opened it up. Apparently it was such an important item to Nanna that usually whenever anyone from my friend’s family was visiting her at the house they might spend a little while trying to find this necklace, but ultimately for 10 years they had no luck.

So anyway, after Nanna died, the family had to deal with wrapping up of her affairs, the biggest piece of which was figuring out what to do with the house. It was left solely to my friend’s dad who was an only child, but he didn’t want to hold onto the house so he decided to sell it. Before that could happen though, he needed to spend some money in to fix up some things, because it was a pretty old house. He fancied himself a handyman, so he tried to do a lot of this himself.

So one day on the way to school my buddy tells me his dad was over at his grandmother’s house doing some work, and it was late in the evening when he got this really big chill that came over him and he swore he saw like a white outline or silhouette pass in front of him. He kept going back over there to work on the house and never had another experience like that, but obviously as 17 year old kids my buddy and I were like, “Dude we HAVE to stay the night there once before the house gets sold.” So that’s what we decided to do.

We didn’t even need to make up any lies about what we were doing that night because his dad didn’t have a problem with us staying the night over there. So we pack up the N64 and some Goldeneye and go over there some Friday night because there was no chance of us meeting girls. We laid out some sleeping bags in the main living room and just sit around playing Bond. After we had played for a few hours and shut it off, we were just talking before going to sleep. He made some comment about he’ll miss this house even though a lot of his memories were of his grandmother as she was losing her faculties. And I shit you not, that was the moment that we both felt a chill and saw like a white outline of an old lady like his dad had seen the other time. It moved slowly across the room kind of floating, and it stopped a couple of times for a few seconds. We are TOTALLY freaked out, but don’t dare make a sound. I definitely wasn’t breathing, and my buddy looked terrified.

Now this is where the story gets REALLY weird. The silhouette moves over towards us. We are frozen. I am JUST about to bolt out the door, when the white outline says to us, “Hey n00bs, you wanna get pwned at Bond?” We were like, “WTF?” So we turn on the N64, and the ghost of my friend’s grandmother totally dominates us at Goldeneye for like two hours. She picked Oddjob, which is a pretty shady move, but what are we gonna say to a ghost you know? She talked some mad shit, but were like helpless children in the arenas. After getting beat for like the tenth time, we were like “FUUUuuuuuuu” and she floated away and I’m pretty sure she said “suck it” right before she disappeared. Craziest thing ever.

Back