• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

Several children of Dr. Hobbs appear to have died in the house, so is one of them the child from the crib, or is it one of Milt Livengood's kids?

Several children of Dr. Hobbs appear to have died in the house, so is one of them the child from the crib, or is it one of Milt Livengood's kids?

When I go to the library, I'm going to research news paper articles from all of the dates of the children to see if I can come up with some sort of story. I've been told that the original renter had a copy of it, but I've been unable to get in touch with her.

I may end up making a trip to two different libraries. Until 1836, Davie County was part of Rowan County, so all of our record books start in 1837. Rowan could have a whole treasure trove of resources from the earlier years.

I may end up making a trip to two different libraries. Until 1836, Davie County was part of Rowan County, so all of our record books start in 1837. Rowan could have a whole treasure trove of resources from the earlier years.

They do have a ton of books. Go to the central Library (downtown) and to the history room (top floor). There is a genealogical room where you can find all the information. Some of them are online too. Another place to try would be the museum. Also, there is the Rowan Genealogical Society which has records to graves, etc that could help. The chair of it has studied Davie county as well.

Can you tell that I'm a researcher at heart and have thought about getting a Masters in Library & Information Science? I would love to be able to do research & help others research stuff all day. :)

Can you tell that I'm a researcher at heart and have thought about getting a Masters in Library & Information Science? I would love to be able to do research & help others research stuff all day. :)

I could see you being a librarian. I'm thoroughly amazed at how much information is currently online. I was playing around with findagrave.com and learned the names of my great great grandparents. I also traced the land we currently live on back to the Hanes plantation.

I could see you being a librarian. I'm thoroughly amazed at how much information is currently online. I was playing around with findagrave.com and learned the names of my great great grandparents. I also traced the land we currently live on back to the Hanes plantation.

Very cool!

On ancestry.com, I found my maternal grandfather, age 5, on the 1910 federal census along with his younger brother & parents - all living in the Chicago area. I did not know that my great-grandmother was born in England.

I'm looking for my maternal grandmother's immigration record. We think she came to the US in the late 1920s from Bohemia/Czechoslovakia, but she never would tell us the exact year before she died.

Do you pay for the service? I've heard quite a few people say they have made a lot of progress from paying for it, but they also said that once you start you essentially will have to pay for it from here on out.

Do you pay for the service? I've heard quite a few people say they have made a lot of progress from paying for it, but they also said that once you start you essentially will have to pay for it from here on out.

I'm taking advantage of a 14 day free trial & will cancel on day 13.

So the missing link right now, is what happened to the house between 1887 when Dr Hobbs died until Milt Livengood bought the house, presumably around 1915 or so. Can anyone who has access to ancestry.com check to see who Milt Livengood's parents were? Did they buy the house from Milton Hobbs, name him after the good Dr and then deed it to Milt when he was of age?

So the missing link right now, is what happened to the house between 1887 when Dr Hobbs died until Milt Livengood bought the house, presumably around 1915 or so. Can anyone who has access to ancestry.com check to see who Milt Livengood's parents were? Did they buy the house from Milton Hobbs, name him after the good Dr and then deed it to Milt when he was of age?

James A Livengood

First Name: James A
Last Name: Livengood
Age at Time of Census: 50
Race: White
Ethnicity: American
Estimated Birth Year: 1860
Birth Location: North Carolina
Residence: Fulton, Davie, NC
Relationship to Head of Household: Self
Head of Household First Name: James A
Head of Household Last Name: Livengood

Other People in Household:
Annie Livengood, age: 49
Ernest W Livengood, age: 21
Sallie A Livengood, age: 17
James M Livengood, age: 14
Amanda E Livengood, age: 12
Father Birthplace: North Carolina
Mother Birthplace: North Carolina
Marital Status: Married
Spouse First Name: Annie
Spouse Last Name: Livengood
Spouse Birthplace: North Carolina
Collection: 1910 U.S. Federal Population Census

This thread got boring real quick. Need more talk of naked ghosts and less about genealogy.

Milt's dad was shown in the census pages I posted a while back.

This thread got boring real quick. Need more talk of naked ghosts and less about genealogy.

Sadly, the geneology could be the key to opening up who the ghost is. Its a necessary evil. Its given me a ton of people to look up when I go to the library to figure out how they died.

Back