• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

I was reading in bed one night when I was 13 or 14, when I heard my name whispered in my ear from behind. I froze, not totally sure if I imagined it or if it was the wind outside or something. I continued reading, not really phased, when suddenly a few seconds later, clearly, sharply and distinctly, I again heard my name whispered from behind me, louder this time.

I was out of bed and flying down the stairs to my parents' room faster than I'd ever run before. They were both asleep, and on the other side of the house. A bathroom and the stairwell separated my room from my brother's, and he was also asleep. My room was in a corner upstairs, so it couldn't have been someone just standing outside my window or anything. Nothing like that's ever happened again, and I still can't explain where the whisper came from. But I'm 100% certain it wasn't someone in my house talking through a wall or anything.

This gave me chills. Damn.

I had an odd experience a few months after my wife and I moved into our house. I was in the kitchen cooking and she was showering. The master shower is down the hall from the kitchen. I heard footsteps in the hallway and halfway look over my shoulder towards the hall for a second and see the shadow of a person on the floor, so I assume she is walking to the kitchen and is about to turn the corner. I said, "That was a fast shower." Then nothing happened. I thought it was odd that she didn't respond so I turned around. No one was there. I walked to the hall. No light was on at the other end of the hall to have caused that dark of a shadow. In the hall I can hear the shower running so I walked to the master bathroom and my wife was still in there showering. I was 3/10 freaked. It could've just been in my head.

Later the same night, both of us are in the bed. The cat is also in the bed with us. I jerk awake to see the closet door at the end of the bed slowly swing open. 7/10 freaked. I woke the wife to tell her I'm 7/10 freaked and she tells me to shut up and go back to sleep. I did some deep breathing to calm down and I went back to sleep. Nothing odd has happened since.

I had an odd experience a few months after my wife and I moved into our house. I was in the kitchen cooking and she was showering. The master shower is down the hall from the kitchen. I heard footsteps in the hallway and halfway look over my shoulder towards the hall for a second and see the shadow of a person on the floor, so I assume she is walking to the kitchen and is about to turn the corner. I said, "That was a fast shower." Then nothing happened. I thought it was odd that she didn't respond so I turned around. No one was there. I walked to the hall. No light was on at the other end of the hall to have caused that dark of a shadow. In the hall I can hear the shower running so I walked to the master bathroom and my wife was still in there showering. I was 3/10 freaked. It could've just been in my head.

Later the same night, both of us are in the bed. The cat is also in the bed with us. I jerk awake to see the closet door at the end of the bed slowly swing open. 7/10 freaked. I woke the wife to tell her I'm 7/10 freaked and she tells me to shut up and go back to sleep. I did some deep breathing to calm down and I went back to sleep. Nothing odd has happened since.

Now this is what this thread needs. This sounds like a shadow person to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

Only you could tell a freaky ass story and still make me LOL. "Wife, I'm 7/10 freaked. Just so you know." hahaha

When I was younger I used to always put out carrots and cookies near the end of the year. Every single time I did it some of the carrots and cookies were eaten. I'm convinced some fat guy snuck into our house at night and ate the cookies, and probably fed his pets the carrots.

Weird shit.

My lifelong friend Kenny who was a master brewer died just over 10 years ago from this day.

We were opening a Belgian Trip that he had brewed with a bunch of his friends the Saturday night after he passed and we all said some words about him.Instantaneously as we popped the bottlecap on that bottle, the power went out for 2 seconds and came back on.

Last edited:
There used to be a paranormal investigation group in NC called "Seven." I used to be fascinated by the scientific side of the paranormal. Then, of course, three jackass "paranormal investigators" get that stupid show on television and make the whole thing seem lame.

ETA: their website is still at www.hauntednc.com

Last edited:
When I was like 12 or so there was this long driveway up the road from that was also a little hill, so i would walk to the top of it and skateboard down the driveway into the road. Did this about a dozen times or so without any problem at all, the next time I went i randomly fell on the way down the driveway and seconds later a car zipped by right where i wouldve shot out to

There used to be a paranormal investigation group in NC called "Seven." I used to be fascinated by the scientific side of the paranormal. Then, of course, three jackass "paranormal investigators" get that stupid show on television and make the whole thing seem lame.

ETA: their website is still at www.hauntednc.com

One of my good friends from high school joined a group like that in the last year or two. He's gotten some equipment like a night vision camera and voice recorders, and some of the stuff he's shown me is actually pretty freaky. I am more skeptical of the voices recorded that you can't hear until playing a recording back, but he showed me a video that showed some sort of body walking past a set of french doors at night in a castle that was thought to be haunted.

The group visited the castle and stayed overnight, and he said they all started with their own bedrooms but most of the group ended up all in one bed because freaky shit kept happening throughout the night. I would never be able to stay overnight like that.

I firmly believe I've had direct and indirect encounters with a couple angels in my time, does that count? Because all this talk is ghost stuff, and I don't believe in ghosts :willynilly:

I firmly believe I've had direct and indirect encounters with a couple angels in my time, does that count? Because all this talk is ghost stuff, and I don't believe in ghosts :willynilly:

How do you define angel vs ghost and what is your reasoning for believing in one, but not the other?

Also curious as to how you know that it was a direct and/or indirect encounter with an angel...

The reason I believe that this ghost was attached to the antique lamp is that this all took place during an electrical storm. Mrs I/O's story is that at one point, she was woken up by loud thunder and the closet door was standing wide open and the lamp was hanging in there. She wouldn't have had any reason to open the closet door by herself. This all took place the same night she felt the footsteps. She handled it a lot better than I would have.

I don't believe in ghosts and these stories don't convince me of anything. Footsteps in a hallway, electricity issues, these are all things easily explained or not convincing. I've always wanted to stay in a supposed haunted house.... I mean who cares if a window is opened or a closet door is shut??

I don't believe in ghosts and these stories don't convince me of anything. Footsteps in a hallway, electricity issues, these are all things easily explained or not convincing. I've always wanted to stay in a supposed haunted house.... I mean who cares if a window is opened or a closet door is shut??

I don't think I believe in ghosts or angels or anything else really, but I think its fun to hear about these kinds of stories.

nothing's ever happened to me, but i love these stories... my imagination is ridiculous and i can run wild w/ the things in my head.
as for "not caring if a window opens or closes", i think more so than the events, it's the vibe you get from the spirit. having a 'nice' ghost around isn't a huge deal, but on the other hand a friend of mine and her husband actually moved out of their last house on account of a very mean, angry presence. my friend would wake up and 'hear' anger, her young son would cry bloody murder for no real reason (not like a 'i'm a hungry baby' cry, but a 'something is very very wrong' cry), lights would turn off (never on) on their own, and they generally felt unwelcome in their home. it got to the point that my friend wouldn't stay there if her husband (a cop) was on an over-night patrol. they finally moved, and the guy they bought it from (another cop) asked why... apparently he moved out for the same reasons but didn't say anything to them about it because he thought it was just him.

Back