• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

The country club I worked at in high school was rumored to be haunted. The building was built in the 60s and over the years a handful of old members had died there, in the building or out on the course. I worked in the kitchen mostly, and the food/bev manager had a few stories of being there closing up and strange things happening, like hearing a scream from downstairs in the locker rooms or having random doors open and close, lights flickering, when there were only one or two people around (dining room/bar was on the upstairs level). One of the dining rooms in particular was where all this stuff seemed to come from. I didnt pay too much attention to it. Anyway, one night I was killing time in that dining room after we had closed, watching a big thunderstorm over the course. I hear one of the french doors open and turn around to see it swinging fully open but nobody is around (this was an inside door to the hallway, so it wasn't the wind blowing it open or anything). I go looking to see who it was, and nobody was anywhere around that area. I asked everybody if they came in there, and both managers said it was probably the ghost. Creeped me out a little.

Another time I had a dream that I was playing a basketball game at Queens College in Charlotte. We had a game coming up there, but I had never been in that gym before. When I get there, the gym looks exactly like it did in my dream. Maybe I remembered the dream wrong or had actually been there before without remembering it, but that was a really weird deja vu-ish moment.

I don't think I believe in ghosts or angels or anything else really, but I think its fun to hear about these kinds of stories.

My feelings as well. The stories are cool, but all can be found on an episode of any ghost show that comes on in the middle of the day to fill time.

Ive had times where I thought I saw something or heard some voice when I'm at home all alone. I've also had times where I think I hear my phone ringing, but its just the song suddenly popping into my head. The human mind is incredible and will try to make sense out of things it senses that don't quite seem to fit the normal scheme of things.

Mine is pretty strange--

I have a sister who is 9 years younger than me. When she was a baby, she had a Disney toy that was flat with raised buttons representing Disney characters in a marching band - if you pressed a character, it played a tune with that instrument and if you pressed Mickey, all of the characters played a song together. She loved it growing up, and my family eventually had the songs memorized down to the individual notes. It was pretty annoying.

Fast forward about 10 years. My sister is too old to play with baby toys, and they all end up in boxes in the attic. One night when I was either a senior in high school or a freshman at Wake, I was sleeping my old room at my parents' house (converted to a guest room) when I heard that toy playing in the attic above me. I knew it was Donald Duck playing his trumpet, then silence, then the entire band playing the collective song, then silence and it was done. I didnt think much about it and went to sleep.

The next morning I told my dad that I had heard that toy playing in the attic and that he might want to check to see if we have mice that might have pressed the button. He said ok and went to the attic the check. He came back downstairs a few minutes later and asked if I was sure that I heard it. I said yeah I knew the songs and know that I heard it.

He told me that the box the toy was in was still upright and sealed, but that the Disney toy was sitting in the middle of the floor with nothing around it and without batteries.

I got goosebumps. That was weird.

Mine is pretty strange--

I have a sister who is 9 years younger than me. When she was a baby, she had a Disney toy that was flat with raised buttons representing Disney characters in a marching band - if you pressed a character, it played a tune with that instrument and if you pressed Mickey, all of the characters played a song together. She loved it growing up, and my family eventually had the songs memorized down to the individual notes. It was pretty annoying.

Fast forward about 10 years. My sister is too old to play with baby toys, and they all end up in boxes in the attic. One night when I was either a senior in high school or a freshman at Wake, I was sleeping my old room at my parents' house (converted to a guest room) when I heard that toy playing in the attic above me. I knew it was Donald Duck playing his trumpet, then silence, then the entire band playing the collective song, then silence and it was done. I didnt think much about it and went to sleep.

The next morning I told my dad that I had heard that toy playing in the attic and that he might want to check to see if we have mice that might have pressed the button. He said ok and went to the attic the check. He came back downstairs a few minutes later and asked if I was sure that I heard it. I said yeah I knew the songs and know that I heard it.

He told me that the box the toy was in was still upright and sealed, but that the Disney toy was sitting in the middle of the floor with nothing around it and without batteries.

:eek:

After my grandma's wake, most of the family went out for a really late dinner. My aunt decided to order a Kendall-Jackson chardonnay, which she never drank but it was my grandma's favorite wine. After the waitress went back to the kitchen, my great uncle joked that the glass would come out half empty because my grandma would have the other half. When the waitress came back with the drinks, she apologized to my aunt, but they only had enough KJ for half a glass. We were the only people left in the restaurant and there is no way the waitress heard us from the kitchen.

Mine is pretty strange--

Three pages in, this is the winner.

Mine is similar to ellisats.

I recently moved into an apartment in the Philadelphia area - they were built in the 70s.

SIDESTORY - I hate apartments, when I was at Wake I moved into my first apartment, which was over off of North Point, it was called Ashton Woods or something like that. I had lived there for about a week and there was one car that never moved, parked in the spot right in front of the walkway into the complex. Well, on the 7th day, I come home to 2 police cars in the parking lot, walk up to my apartment and the apartment directly next to mine has 3 cops going in and out - I ask what happened and they tell me they can't say anything - I see my neighbor from behind me standing in the walkway and ask him if he knows what happened, he said the girl in the apartment had committed suicide and it was her car that was parked out in front. Ever since then, I always get creeped out by apartments and who had lived in there before.

Back to the current story, the apartment I am in now is a loft with the bedrooms on the second floor - and every night, without exception, whenever I turn the lights off downstairs, one of my sons toys starts making noises - the toy is this board that has animals on it, each animal has a metal ring on the back and once the metal ring touches the board, it makes the sound of that animal, so it is not something that is light sensitive or anything. This has happened every night since we moved in (15 days as of last night), and the weirdest thing is that it isn't always the same animal, last night it was the sheep and the night before it was the cow. I have moved the furniture around so I can hit the stairs at a full run after I hit the lights. My wife thinks it's hysterical. I can't wait to move out....

I recently moved into an apartment in the Philadelphia area - they were built in the 70s.

SIDESTORY - I hate apartments, when I was at Wake I moved into my first apartment, which was over off of North Point, it was called Ashton Woods or something like that. I had lived there for about a week and there was one car that never moved, parked in the spot right in front of the walkway into the complex. Well, on the 7th day, I come home to 2 police cars in the parking lot, walk up to my apartment and the apartment directly next to mine has 3 cops going in and out - I ask what happened and they tell me they can't say anything - I see my neighbor from behind me standing in the walkway and ask him if he knows what happened, he said the girl in the apartment had committed suicide and it was her car that was parked out in front. Ever since then, I always get creeped out by apartments and who had lived in there before.

Back to the current story, the apartment I am in now is a loft with the bedrooms on the second floor - and every night, without exception, whenever I turn the lights off downstairs, one of my sons toys starts making noises - the toy is this board that has animals on it, each animal has a metal ring on the back and once the metal ring touches the board, it makes the sound of that animal, so it is not something that is light sensitive or anything. This has happened every night since we moved in (15 days as of last night), and the weirdest thing is that it isn't always the same animal, last night it was the sheep and the night before it was the cow. I have moved the furniture around so I can hit the stairs at a full run after I hit the lights. My wife thinks it's hysterical. I can't wait to move out....

How old is the apartment? Is the electrical system grounded? It sounds to me like the toy is having a magnetic reation to the electric flux when you turn off the lights.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I imagine you as your current avatar, running at break neck speeds for the stairs :p

Three pages in, this is the winner.

Thanks. Its a good story that I like sharing when people have a "1-up" contest.

The same house has had several other strange things happen, but those are more explainable:

- Sitting in my room with my window half-open one warm summer night and the window all of the sudden slammed shut. The runners were tight, so its not likely that it fell, and it scared the poo out of me. Literally. Maybe.

- Mom sleeping in my room when I was away at college because my Dad was sick. She was falling asleep facing the wall (bed in middle of room, wall on one side, door on other) and she felt a hand on her shoulder so distinctly that she shot around thinking it was my Dad. Nobody there. She went and slept on the couch.

- Middle Sister (18 mo younger than me) sleeping in her room down the hall. In bed, facing the wall, nightlight (yeah, a 17 year old with a nightlight) illuminating the room, when she saw a shadow move across the entire length of the wall. She was so scared she was crying.

- I slept in her room one time when we had guests in mine, and I was watching TV when something caught my peripheral vision. I turned and looked at the door, and for a split second there was a young girl in a white Victorian-era (or classical) dress. Only there for a very split second, so quick that I'm not sure if I saw it or imagined it. I wasn't scared by that one.

My parents re-did my room and my sister's room, and nothing has happened in years. I think they fung-shuei'd (sp?) it away. Still cool stories.

Mine is pretty strange--

Somewhere, on the message boards for parents.com, Ellisdad2 is yukking it up on the "Tricks you played on your kids" thread. That, or he just started one titled, "How dumb is my son?"

Thanks. Its a good story that I like sharing when people have a "1-up" contest.

The same house has had several other strange things happen, but those are more explainable:

- Sitting in my room with my window half-open one warm summer night and the window all of the sudden slammed shut. The runners were tight, so its not likely that it fell, and it scared the poo out of me. Literally. Maybe.

- Mom sleeping in my room when I was away at college because my Dad was sick. She was falling asleep facing the wall (bed in middle of room, wall on one side, door on other) and she felt a hand on her shoulder so distinctly that she shot around thinking it was my Dad. Nobody there. She went and slept on the couch.

- Middle Sister (18 mo younger than me) sleeping in her room down the hall. In bed, facing the wall, nightlight (yeah, a 17 year old with a nightlight) illuminating the room, when she saw a shadow move across the entire length of the wall. She was so scared she was crying.
- I slept in her room one time when we had guests in mine, and I was watching TV when something caught my peripheral vision. I turned and looked at the door, and for a split second there was a young girl in a white Victorian-era (or classical) dress. Only there for a very split second, so quick that I'm not sure if I saw it or imagined it. I wasn't scared by that one.

My parents re-did my room and my sister's room, and nothing has happened in years. I think they fung-shuei'd (sp?) it away. Still cool stories.

probably a bug crawling across the nightlight shade.
...right?

I'm glad I didn't read this thread while home alone. I am a big ol fraidy cat.

Definitely had something amazing happen to me that I can't imagine was coincidence.

Couple years ago I had a dream that I was in my garage at home, waiting at the door to the garage. The garage door opens, and I see my mom pulling into the garage in her car. She keep pulling in, pinning me against the door, and I yell at her to stop. She responds, "It hurts my head. My brain is bleeding."

I immediately woke up in a sweat, which was weird, since the dream wasn't really a nightmare or anything, just a random dream. I looked over at the clock and tried to go back to sleep.

A little bit later my phone rings. I'm already on edge so I jump up and see that it was my dad calling. I assume he's calling about my grandmom, who was in the hospital. I can never forget this conversation.
Dad: "I'm calling to tell you about Mom."
Me: "You mean grandma?"
Dad: "No, Mom. Mom had a brain aneurysm last night and has bleeding in her brain. She had to be rushed into surgery."

I can't explain it.

Somewhere, on the message boards for parents.com, Ellisdad2 is yukking it up on the "Tricks you played on your kids" thread. That, or he just started one titled, "How dumb is my son?"

Maybe, because my Dad is the only one in our family who hasn't had anything weird happen to him. However, he's the only one that really wishes he could experience something like that. Of my whole family, he's probably the one that believes in all of it the most. So I don't know. Wouldn't put it past him.

probably a bug crawling across the nightlight shade.
...right?

Very possible. Only reason I have doubts is because, in my experience, if something like that happened (bug on shade) then the light blocked by the bug is a large amount, and it essentially blocks out the light entirely momentarily. The way she described the shadow was a very defined form that moved from one side of the room to the other. She said that the edges of the shadow were sharp. Kinda strange.

Back