• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

I would like to stay in an abandoned prison, hospital, mental ward etc.

In the 7th grade, I was crashing over at one of my buddy's houses with 3 other dudes. Late night, my buddy breaks out the ouija board and we start screwing around with it. For a while, nothing is happening and we're just kind of messing around, taking turns asking it dirty questions about chicks in our classes.

So it's my turn again to work the board with one of the other dudes and all of a sudden, like a light switch went off, the pointer begins to really move. We notice right away that something is different, and we immediately start accusing each other of causing the movement. After we've gone back and forth a couple of times with accusations, we start asking it the same dumb questions and the board spells "STOP."

So at this point it has caught our interest and we start asking it real questions. We ask it if it is present and it says "YES." We ask if it can see us and it says "YES." We ask it what color shirt one of us is wearing and again it says "STOP." We're still intrigued, so we ask it if it is dead. It says "NO." We ask if it used to live in the house. It says "NO." We ask its name and is said something weird, like "BELLIAL" or something like that.

Being idiots, we then start making fun of the name and asking if it is a ghost and shit like that. All this time, the pointer is really flying around the board and my buddy and I have basically accepted that neither of us is controlling this thing. The board continues to spell out "STOP" basically like over and over again now, every time we ask it a dumb question such as whether it watches my friend when he's naked.

Finally, someone asks whether it is good or evil and it spells out "EVIL." We ask it why it is evil and it spells "DEMON." Now we're kind of freaked out, but my jackass friend who is convinced that we're fucking with him, starts becoming belligerent and telling the thing to show itself. Every time he says it, the board spells out "STOP." After spelling "STOP" two or three times in a row, with my friend still trying to call this thing out, all of a sudden the pointer just stops. We're sitting there quietly staring at each other. Suddenly, this glass of water that was sitting over on the other side of the bedroom just EXPLODES. Shattered glass ends up all over the floor.

Needless to say, we immediately lose our shit and tear ass out of that bedroom. We get downstairs and my buddy's parents are staring at us like, "these boys are the biggest group of idiots ever." His dad goes upstairs (with us behind him, still totally freaked out) and sees the shattered glass and is pissed because he still thinks we're screwing around.

Anyway, we ended up staying up pretty much all night replaying the whole incident and trying to figure out if one of us was lying. Everyone swore they didn't do it and honestly, that glass was a solid 10 feet away from where we were, so I'm not sure how any of us could have rigged that thing to explode. It probably goes without saying, but we did not play with that ouija board ever again.

Belial (also Be'lial, Belhor, Baalial, Beliar, Belias , Beliall, Beliel, Bilael, Belu; from Hebrew בְּלִיַּ֫עַל Bəliyyáʻal; also named Matanbuchus, Mechembuchus, Meterbuchus in older scripts) is one of the four crown princes of Hell and a demon in the Bible, Jewish apocrypha and Christian apocrypha. It is also a term used to characterize or embody immense wickedness or iniquity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belial

I can't wait for a beef jerky "Messin' with Belial" ad campaign.

Nothing strange ever happened to me when I played with a Ouija board, but they creep me out. I've heard several stories from friends of strange occurrences relating to them.

I've done a ouija board once. Once. That was enough. Nothing overtly freaky like what happened with Say Hey Deac, but freaky enough that I don't want to screw with them.

This didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine reminded me of a story that I had forgotten about. He was my best friend in HS and I stayed over at his place a lot. He had a really big house for the area, and apparently the owner was quite a big muckity muck in the Korean government. The house was actually divided into a couple houses. Anyway, he had a pretty big room that had two twin beds in it. When he first moved in, he'd be trying to go to sleep and the bed next to him would start shaking. But that's all it would do, and it apparently didn't scare him so much as it did annoy him. Eventually, he asked the ghost in both Korean and English to stop and it complied. He didn't have any problems afterwards, but maintains to this day that the house was just generally a freaky place to live.

While it's completely boring relative to some of the other stuff on this thread, I have had multiple dreams that wound up happening in real life, sometimes years later.

They were never crazy, outrageous things. For example, I had a dream that I was studying chemistry in Salem Hall with one of my friends in the conference room upstairs, then after a while one Dr Salam came into the room and sat down across from us. It was stupid. One of those dreams that you just wake up, think is weird, then forget about. Then, sure as shit, one day I'm studying in there with my friend, Colleen, and Dr Salam comes in and sits down across from us.

Yeah, I know it's boring.

Mine is similar to ellisats.

I recently moved into an apartment in the Philadelphia area - they were built in the 70s.

SIDESTORY - I hate apartments, when I was at Wake I moved into my first apartment, which was over off of North Point, it was called Ashton Woods or something like that. I had lived there for about a week and there was one car that never moved, parked in the spot right in front of the walkway into the complex. Well, on the 7th day, I come home to 2 police cars in the parking lot, walk up to my apartment and the apartment directly next to mine has 3 cops going in and out - I ask what happened and they tell me they can't say anything - I see my neighbor from behind me standing in the walkway and ask him if he knows what happened, he said the girl in the apartment had committed suicide and it was her car that was parked out in front. Ever since then, I always get creeped out by apartments and who had lived in there before.

Back to the current story, the apartment I am in now is a loft with the bedrooms on the second floor - and every night, without exception, whenever I turn the lights off downstairs, one of my sons toys starts making noises - the toy is this board that has animals on it, each animal has a metal ring on the back and once the metal ring touches the board, it makes the sound of that animal, so it is not something that is light sensitive or anything. This has happened every night since we moved in (15 days as of last night), and the weirdest thing is that it isn't always the same animal, last night it was the sheep and the night before it was the cow. I have moved the furniture around so I can hit the stairs at a full run after I hit the lights. My wife thinks it's hysterical. I can't wait to move out....

Nothing to worry about here. It's about the light. We have that same puzzle thingy and it makes noises every evening as the sun sets. Freaked us out for a while.

How do you define angel vs ghost and what is your reasoning for believing in one, but not the other?

Also curious as to how you know that it was a direct and/or indirect encounter with an angel...

Sorry I'm so late on a response. Long day.

Good questions. I don't believe in "ghosts" per say, but I do believe in spiritual warfare-esque happenings. "Ghosts" in this sense, would be some sort of evil, like a demon, that appears to someone, even briefly, or manifests itself in something seemingly evil, like a Ouija board. I've heard all kinds of stories from people who have experienced this type of spiritual warfare, but have never experienced it myself. I could tell stories of friends who have encountered what they thought were demons, but you might deem them ghosts. The reason they believe that their encounters were of demon/evil/hell proportions, is because they're all very strong believers who believe in spiritual warfare and Satan attacking them in times of weakness or vulnerability. It's really interesting stuff. Thus, ghosts =/= demons in my book.

Conversely, I believe in angels, the antithesis to evil in this world. Just as believers/non-believers experience evil/creepy stuff (HELLOOOO SAY HEY :eek:), they also experience God's good messengers. My encounters haven't been anything like seeing a ghost/angel figure, but more of experiencing the unseen and, what is my opinion, an angel in human form.

I'll tell the story of the latter.

***During the story, I am back at the place where our group was staying, with the rest of the group. Keep in mind that after they didn't come back before dark, we were worried. After "worry" wore off, and sheer trpidation set in, the rest of the night was spent praying our tails off for them, imploring God for help and guidance. There were ~20 of us, praying collectively, and intensely***

I went on a mission to trip while I was a student at WFU to Guatemala through one of our campus ministries. It was the last day of our week-long trip, and we had an R&R day to actually shop/eat/explore a town in Guat before flying out the next morning. Three of my friends (2 guys, 1 girl) decided they wanted to go hike a nearby volcano, so they grab a cab, and get dropped off at the base of the volcano, with the intention of returning before dark (obviously).

At some point during the decent, they came across a ~15 ft ledge that they couldn't go around, so they had to climb down it. My best friend, the younger of the three, went first. He got down just fine. Then the other guy climbed down, made it safe. Lastly, the girl went. As she started to climb down, the rock she was holding on to gave way, and she fell the 15 ft unexpectedly to the ground below. Since her body wasn't ready to brace for a fall, it feel in awkward positions. She landed and immediately shattered her ankle. We are talking just dangling, all bone in the area of the ankle turned to squishy stuff. She is in absolute agony. The other guy, being pre-med (now in PA School) and her future husband, immediately recognized a problem, and sent my best friend to find help. So other guy just told him to run.

My best friend is running down the mountain, praying for God's help, praying for any help. He can't find anyone. He is yelling and no one is responding because they are in a remote area. He starts praying that if he shouldn't be running in that direction, to send him a sign. He then says that exact prayer in perfect Spanish (which he doesn't know). He is shocked but keeps running. As soon as he says "Amen" he literally trips and busts his tail on the ground. He thinks that's coincidence so he gets up and starts running downhill again. As soon as he finishes his next prayer (inexplicably in Spanish), he wipes out again. Here's your sign. He gets up, and runs back towards the two, knowing that now PA Student will need his help carrying the girl.

Somehow he finds them, and other guy is literally carrying his girl on his back. Side note - other guy is an athletic beast. A man's man. But he's losing strength because all they have is a half-full Nalgene of water, and a couple nutragrain bars that they planned to snack on when they took a break. He didn't want to eat it for fear that they'd get stuck on the mountain, as it was starting to get dark. Keep in mind that the sun is going down, and they're high up on a mountain, so it is going to get cold that March night. Both guys are shirtless because they've used their shirts to tie a splint for her ankle, so they're getting worried about being on a mountain, shirtless, at night.

They are wandering in whatever direction they think is right. All three start to pray. Again, they start to pray for help in Spanish :eek: Moments later, out of nowhere, and in a clearing of sorts, this little Guatemalan boy appears from the bushes. They ask him his name. It is Alfonso. They ask him how old he is. He is 11.

They immediately notice he has stuff on him. They get to talking and they explain the situation to Alfonso. In perfect Spanish. The sun is going down. What does Alfonso happen to have on him?

-a transistor radio, strapped across his back
-a machete to clear brush
-a map of the mountain
-water and snacks
-a sling/contraption that is perfect for hauling a person (I still don't understand this contraption and how it works, but my friends swear it allowed for them to much more easily and effectively haul the girl)

They put her on the contraption, and...voila! perfect fit. They start to walk, talking to this kid, who is very ambiguous about his knowledge of the area the whole time. While they are trekking, the boy keeps trying to reach someone on his ghetto transistor radio. Nothing but static. They walk for about 30 minutes longer when he finally reaches someone. The Fire Department of the village at the base of the mountain.

Long story short, they set up a meeting spot on the mountain (an intersection of cross roads). The Fire Dept comes, hauls them off around midnight, we get notified, horaaay everything's fine.

BUT, before they left, they asked the boy where he lived. He smiled, pointed down the road towards a bend and said "just around the corner". The fire truck drove that way, and there was no village/house there. My friends asked the firemen if there were any homes/people around there, to which they replied "no homes within miles of here." Interesting.

I tell you all this because it could all be coincidence, but since I'm a believer and believe in the power of prayer, I don't think it is. What kind of 11-year-old kid walks around a mountain with a transistor radio and a body-sling, alone, just before dusk? The perfect things for saving my friends? How many times does it take my athletic best friend to fall down as soon as he says "amen" about getting a sign that he should stop running that direction. Obviously, skeptics will point to possible conclusions regarding the coincidences, but I truly believe they encountered an angel in the form of Alfonso, by means of their insistence of prayer on the mountain, and the rest of the group fervently praying for help the whole time they were missing.

I stayed at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville a couple of years ago. We stayed in room 545 that is haunted by the pink lady. http://www.historichotels.org/hotel/The_Grove_Park_Inn_Resort_Spa/1332
In the middle of the night she woke me up by tugging on my left elbow. As soon as it happened I woke up. My wife was on the right side of the bed and I was lying flat on my back on the left side of the bed so there is no way she could have done it. I have seen many, many things in my life, but this was the only time that I have been touched (or had a physicl encounter) with a ghost/spirit.

I know this was not a ghost but it still was weird. I work at a mall and tonight as I was leaving work and walking to my car...there was a shopping cart slowing rolling around the parking lot...not like it was being blown by the wind...kept making sharp turns. next thing I know it was headed right for my car. (my car was in the middle of the parking lot with no other cars around it) I started to run for the cart before it could hit my car...then it suddenly changed direction and missed my car by inches. i'm sure it was the wind...but it was still weird as hell. I looked around and was wondering if someone was fucking with me...

I defs had issues sleeping last night because of Say Hey Deac's ouija board story... so scaaaaryyyyy!

Last edited:
Not really unexplainable, but creepy.

I've walked past this building:

Buffalo_State_Hospital3.jpg

Not really unexplainable, but creepy.

I've walked past this building:

Buffalo_State_Hospital3.jpg

This actually reminds me of something (which pales in comparison to many stories on here). In high school, my friends and I would sometimes drive to the next town over and drive through an abandoned psychiatric center (it consists of ~50 buildings on ~500 acres, so it's basically like a small college campus). There aren't any gates or anything, but you have to drive on a road that goes through some woods to get to the main part.

We were too chicken to ever actually get out and go into a building since we were always there at night, but one night my best guy friend and I were driving through and on our way out, we passed a little girl riding a bike on the side of the road. I don't remember much since it was a long time ago, but I do recall that she had a hat on similar to one your parents would make you wear for Easter when you're little, she was wearing a dress, and I'm pretty sure her bike had training wheels. We passed her, and it took us about 10 seconds to both look at each other and be like wait... wtf? Did you just see that?!?!? We definitely both saw her, and it was the middle of the night in the middle of the woods on the psych center campus. We were both freaked out, but by the time we decided to turn around and go back, we couldn't find her.

I went on a mission to trip while I was a student at WFU to Guatemala through one of our campus ministries. It was the last day of our week-long trip, and we had an R&R day to actually shop/eat/explore a town in Guat before flying out the next morning. Three of my friends (2 guys, 1 girl) decided they wanted to go hike a nearby volcano, so they grab a cab, and get dropped off at the base of the volcano, with the intention of returning before dark (obviously).

At some point during the decent, they came across a ~15 ft ledge that they couldn't go around, so they had to climb down it. My best friend, the younger of the three, went first. He got down just fine. Then the other guy climbed down, made it safe. Lastly, the girl went. As she started to climb down, the rock she was holding on to gave way, and she fell the 15 ft unexpectedly to the ground below. Since her body wasn't ready to brace for a fall, it feel in awkward positions. She landed and immediately shattered her ankle. We are talking just dangling, all bone in the area of the ankle turned to squishy stuff. She is in absolute agony. The other guy, being pre-med (now in PA School) and her future husband, immediately recognized a problem, and sent my best friend to find help. So other guy just told him to run.

My best friend is running down the mountain, praying for God's help, praying for any help. He can't find anyone. He is yelling and no one is responding because they are in a remote area. He starts praying that if he shouldn't be running in that direction, to send him a sign. He then says that exact prayer in perfect Spanish (which he doesn't know). He is shocked but keeps running. As soon as he says "Amen" he literally trips and busts his tail on the ground. He thinks that's coincidence so he gets up and starts running downhill again. As soon as he finishes his next prayer (inexplicably in Spanish), he wipes out again. Here's your sign. He gets up, and runs back towards the two, knowing that now PA Student will need his help carrying the girl.

Somehow he finds them, and other guy is literally carrying his girl on his back. Side note - other guy is an athletic beast. A man's man. But he's losing strength because all they have is a half-full Nalgene of water, and a couple nutragrain bars that they planned to snack on when they took a break. He didn't want to eat it for fear that they'd get stuck on the mountain, as it was starting to get dark. Keep in mind that the sun is going down, and they're high up on a mountain, so it is going to get cold that March night. Both guys are shirtless because they've used their shirts to tie a splint for her ankle, so they're getting worried about being on a mountain, shirtless, at night.

They are wandering in whatever direction they think is right. All three start to pray. Again, they start to pray for help in Spanish :eek: Moments later, out of nowhere, and in a clearing of sorts, this little Guatemalan boy appears from the bushes. They ask him his name. It is Alfonso. They ask him how old he is. He is 11.

They immediately notice he has stuff on him. They get to talking and they explain the situation to Alfonso. In perfect Spanish. The sun is going down. What does Alfonso happen to have on him?

-a transistor radio, strapped across his back
-a machete to clear brush
-a map of the mountain
-water and snacks
-a sling/contraption that is perfect for hauling a person (I still don't understand this contraption and how it works, but my friends swear it allowed for them to much more easily and effectively haul the girl)

They put her on the contraption, and...voila! perfect fit. They start to walk, talking to this kid, who is very ambiguous about his knowledge of the area the whole time. While they are trekking, the boy keeps trying to reach someone on his ghetto transistor radio. Nothing but static. They walk for about 30 minutes longer when he finally reaches someone. The Fire Department of the village at the base of the mountain.

Long story short, they set up a meeting spot on the mountain (an intersection of cross roads). The Fire Dept comes, hauls them off around midnight, we get notified, horaaay everything's fine.

BUT, before they left, they asked the boy where he lived. He smiled, pointed down the road towards a bend and said "just around the corner". The fire truck drove that way, and there was no village/house there. My friends asked the firemen if there were any homes/people around there, to which they replied "no homes within miles of here." Interesting.

I tell you all this because it could all be coincidence, but since I'm a believer and believe in the power of prayer, I don't think it is. What kind of 11-year-old kid walks around a mountain with a transistor radio and a body-sling, alone, just before dusk? The perfect things for saving my friends? How many times does it take my athletic best friend to fall down as soon as he says "amen" about getting a sign that he should stop running that direction. Obviously, skeptics will point to possible conclusions regarding the coincidences, but I truly believe they encountered an angel in the form of Alfonso, by means of their insistence of prayer on the mountain, and the rest of the group fervently praying for help the whole time they were missing.

Would have been nice if the little Guatemalen angel kid had simply stopped that rock from giving way in the first place.

Would have been nice if the little Guatemalen angel kid had simply stopped that rock from giving way in the first place.

Well, yea

Say Hey's story defs creeped me out while I was home alone last night

Back