• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

Mrs I/O had an experience about 6 years ago at my dad's house. It was before we were married, so we were sleeping in separate rooms. My dad collects antiques, and there are lots of them around the house. We went to bed that night during an electrical storm. Mrs I/O was sleeping on an air mattress, and awoke to the sound of footsteps walking beside her bed, from the head down to the foot. A short while later she woke up again and the closet door was wide open, and there was a purple antique lamp hanging inside of it. I think there was some type of ghost/spirit attached to it or something.

How much you renting the place for?

If I have the option of:

1) Never experiencing anything like this

2) Experiencing something like this

I'd do #2 every time, what could be more fun than trying to experience one of life's great mysteries?

We are honestly at a loss as to what we should do. Now that the spirit has inflicted physical harm, we can't knowingly rent it out again. The house was renting for a steal, <$800 for a 1700 sq ft house. As I mentioned in a pm, we were going to burn the house when we built the new station for training . We're uneasy about doing that now for fear of what might happen and the liability. Even if we burn it to the ground, will the spirit remain on the property? One question that came up tonight, since the only MD in town used to live there, and patients were brought to him, could it be some of the spirits of those who died in the house? If so, then what is Milt doing with all of this.

To an outsider, I'm sure this sounds unbelievable and crazy, but we really dont know what to do.

I agree that w/ the physical harm bit, it would be irresponsible to rent it out again. That said, if you burn it I would imagine that the spirit would probably remain on the property, a la spirits w/ burial grounds, etc. Then again... Milt seems pretty adamant about what happens to the HOUSE, so maybe if the house is gone he will be gone? I dunno. Perhaps an exorcism is something to seriously consider.
This is far and above the craziest story like this I've ever heard. I've got a friend who moved out of a house for similar reasons as those mentioned in the beginning (just lots of anger, a general 'get out' feeling, lights/doors doing funky things, yelling in her ear, her infant son screaming unconsolably as the dog barked incessantly...) but it never got to the point of physical harm/embodiment. I would seriously poop my pants.

Advertise it as a haunted house. Someone will easily rent it knowingly. I can't be alone in thinking that'd be fun. I don't think a ghost is going to kill me.

Advertise it as a haunted house. Someone will easily rent it knowingly. I can't be alone in thinking that'd be fun. I don't think a ghost is going to kill me.

Man. More power to you. I definitely believe there are evil spirits, and I want nothing to do with them. Haunted w/ little girl who walks down the hall? sure (not really, this would still scare me). Freaky man who possesses your children? No thanks.

The ironic part of all this, our FD does a Halloween spook trail about a half mile away as a fundraiser. The house sits on 2 acres, so we could combine the spook trail and a haunted house tour, but I'd bet we'd have trouble getting volunteers to work in the house itself. We have a board meeting this coming Thursday, so I'll bring up some of the suggestions at the meeting, including letting individuals or paranormal groups come check it out. As long as it's free, I don't see why there would be an issue.

The ironic part of all this, our FD does a Halloween spook trail about a half mile away as a fundraiser. The house sits on 2 acres, so we could combine the spook trail and a haunted house tour, but I'd bet we'd have trouble getting volunteers to work in the house itself. We have a board meeting this coming Thursday, so I'll bring up some of the suggestions at the meeting, including letting individuals or paranormal groups come check it out. As long as it's free, I don't see why there would be an issue.

Why does it have to be free, If we're talking $800/month it seems ridiculous to me to knowingly lose $10,000/year where if you tell people the facts you'll find adventure seekers. What does FD stand for?

Man. More power to you. I definitely believe there are evil spirits, and I want nothing to do with them. Haunted w/ little girl who walks down the hall? sure (not really, this would still scare me). Freaky man who possesses your children? No thanks.

For me its more I'm an atheist, I think think if I experienced something like this I'm not sure how I wouldn't end up concluding there was a god. The chance to experience something that radically changes my whole view of the world at what I'd perceive as an incredibly small risk to my health seems like a worthwhile bargain.

Fire Department. That's who owns the property. I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay to have some sort of investigation done, they'd rather just burn the thing down, or let it rot. When the chief and I were talking, if Milt is really upset about renovations, the alternatives are burning it and letting it rot. Is that what he'd prefer?

We are honestly at a loss as to what we should do. Now that the spirit has inflicted physical harm, we can't knowingly rent it out again. The house was renting for a steal, <$800 for a 1700 sq ft house. As I mentioned in a pm, we were going to burn the house when we built the new station for training . We're uneasy about doing that now for fear of what might happen and the liability. Even if we burn it to the ground, will the spirit remain on the property? One question that came up tonight, since the only MD in town used to live there, and patients were brought to him, could it be some of the spirits of those who died in the house? If so, then what is Milt doing with all of this.

To an outsider, I'm sure this sounds unbelievable and crazy, but we really dont know what to do.

Rent it out as a novelty for the weekends. Charge some obscene rate and advertise it in paranormal magazines. You all will make more with that niche marketing than you ever would just renting it to some family to live in.

edit to say that I should have read palma03's response first.

Last edited:
Well, if nothing else, that story makes for great marketing if you do a haunted house.

i have a similar story... i think i might have posted a tidbit about it on the quad a few months ago...

it has gotten creepier... its probably a 3 page story so i'll post next time i have a little bit of time.

p.s. mine comes with audio :)

i have a similar story... i think i might have posted a tidbit about it on the quad a few months ago...

it has gotten creepier... its probably a 3 page story so i'll post next time i have a little bit of time.

p.s. mine comes with audio :)

CLIFFHANGER! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo post it nowwwwww.

There is a group called Haunted North Carolina that might be worth contacting, to see if they would come out to the house & investigate: http://www.hauntednc.com/media.htm

I used to follow this group when I was in college. They used to be called Seven Paranormal Research. They're very scientific in their approach, nothing sensationalized (like some certain televised douche canoes).

Back