• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

First post. I hadn't decided if I wanted to jump on this board yet, but this story got my interest. I would totes spend a night in this house.

So J's response is "Someone needs to just grow a pair and go in the house and ask Milt why it is that he's still here. He obviously has unfinished business, and he wasn't even the original spirit of the house... just ask why he's still around." ...J studied religion in school, apparently this was a common topic. If spirits are still on earth it's because they have unfinished business, and they'll be nicer to us if they know we're going to help them. ...?
I dunno, so yeah... try asking Milt what he wants?

send an e-mail to Ghosthunters. Give them something to really shit their pants about.

BTW, I don't think Milt was the one who possessed the boy. Milt swore the house was haunted. I think he's benign. Something else is bad in there.

Alright... abbreviated version of my story (i will expand on any details i've left out if necessary).

As I've discussed before... I manage some property and some of the residential units happen to be in downtown of a fairly obvious college town.

I lived in that complex for a few years (as part of my compensation). About a year after I moved in; i heard some stories about the haunting of the building (and more specifically, the theater underneath). After a little research (looking at blueprints that dated back to the 1920's); I realized that the residential units used to be part of the office space for the theater which was renovated in the 1980's and again in the early part of this decade.

No big deal. I'm extremely right brained on this stuff, so I take it in stride and find it fairly 'cool' that there are BOOKS written about the exact space that my bathroom (the former film-room) occupies.

I had a guy contact me about renting one of our apartments for his mother. Now, to clarify... We're in downtown of a college town (and between the two most popular bars in the area)...

To skip ahead... the guy was indeed looking for his mother (and he, himself, was probably 35-40+ years beyond our current demographic).

Somewhat surprisingly; his mother was sharp as a tack. I mean... really, as clear of a mind as I can possibly describe. She was miraculous. She made me lunches and we had absolutely incredible conversations about her past and her memories of her childhood. As weird as it sounds, she told me about her father's reaction to Black Tuesday as if it happened yesterday. That's a unique moment that sticks out in my mind; but its just part of the story to show that she was 'with it'.

So about 2 months after she moved in (2 doors down from my place); I got a call at 3 a.m.

She was very clearly distressed and talking in a quiet (yet panicked) tone.

"There's a man in my apartment. He wants to know what I'm doing here. Please help me."

I have had a stun-gun for a few months at this point but have very rarely even taken it out of its charger... I grab that thing and run like the wind to her place.

She is in the corner of her bedroom... Not in a state of confusion or terror; but definitely anxious for me to zap the bastard that is invading her space.

I go through all of the rooms/closets of her place and find nobody.

I look through the security footage (which shows all of the exterior doors) and do not see anything peculiar.

My assumption (which helps me sleep that night) is that a drunken neighbor had wondered into the wrong place and caused the panic.

2:45 a.m. the next night. An almost identical phone call. Same result.

I call the son the next day and ask (which he did not take well) if she had changed any medication or if there was some explanation to what was going on.

He gets involved and makes the mother aware that I've talked to him and am worried about her welfare.

A few days later; he is the one that gets the phone call. He rushes over. He starts to have conversations (very 'right-brained', if you will) with me about what's going on.

We end up having a conversation with her about the predicament... This is where I got goosebumps.

I told her (somewhat discreetly) that we needed to get her help and to fix what was going on in her head. She immediately jumped onto what I was implying and (paraphrasing a little, of course) said: "I guess I am crazy and getting too old to know what's going on; but he's sitting right there beside you and he's looking at you. The two girls who are always with him are sitting on the bed right there."

Now... This is the 'far-reaching' part of the story... but I have never really been freaked out by nightmares, etc... but about 3 weeks before this stuff had happened; I had a good friend and my gf staying at my place... I woke them up the next morning with a pretty detailed account of my dream from the previous night and described the three people who were walking around my place (in my 'nightmare') and it is... to this day, nearly 2 years later, just stunningly similar (physical characteristics, demeanor, and even what they 'said') to the descriptions that the mother painted in that conversation.

Again, skipping forward... The mother stays a few weeks with her sister in an assisted living community (where I visit her); she does not have any other encounters or similar experiences while living there. She talks very openly and coherently about what happened.

After a few weeks; we move her back in to the property I manage. Less than 2 days later, I made the arrangements to let her move on without any financial ramifications because of the ongoing issue.

I end up renting her place to a couple of new tenants and there's about 1.5 months of downtime in between.

The hallway lights in front of that place burned out 3 times in those 45 days. I have never replaced any other lights in that hallway more than once in a 3 year period. I have an electrician look at the wiring; all is good.

The night that the new tenants got the keys from me; the only tree (which was +100 years old) within striking distance of the parking spaces in front of our property lost one of its major limbs and it crashed down within inches of the tenant's car as they pulled away from unloading their belongings into the place.

It was very... very... very strange. I spent 45 days awkwardly discussing what had been transpiring to a few people; and I was very surprised how many (and in some cases, very conservative) people came right out and told me about their beliefs in ghosts and spirits. Several very successful individuals came right out and asked me whether I thought the 'spirits' were happy or mad. That was a serious mind-$@$# for me.

Anyway; I don't know if the new tenants experienced anything or (even if they did) whether or not they'd discuss anything with me; but the whole thing really opened my eyes to how stuff like this can be believed by rational people.

For me; it can all be explained. Traffic sounds/lights that the mother wasn't used to... wind that hit the aging tree... A crazy ambien induced dream that I had.

With all of that being said, to this day... I attempt to make sure that whatever spirits might be sharing my space are 'happy'.

Just as a side note; the mother has moved to the beach and is as healthy as ever. She's very close to celebrating the century milestone and I hope I'll be there to share it with her!

Last edited:
Awesome story vt- gave me chills. You mentioned in another post it comes with audio?

My sister has a pretty fucked up story about a violent possession that she witnessed in high school. I'll get the exact details from her today sometime and post them later.

Crazy stuff.

Well it has to be some kind of natural chemical intoxicating the residents. I'd like to check this place out sometime. I personally wouldn't believe in spirits or ghosts or paranormal activity if one appeared right in front of me and slapped me in the face, but I find it very interesting. I'd always believe I had become chemically altered in my perception of reality before I believed that I had evidence of the supernatural.

Well it has to be some kind of natural chemical intoxicating the residents. I'd like to check this place out sometime. I personally wouldn't believe in spirits or ghosts or paranormal activity if one appeared right in front of me and slapped me in the face, but I find it very interesting. I'd always believe I had become chemically altered in my perception of reality before I believed that I had evidence of the supernatural.

Philosophical question for you.
Compare the degree of closed-mindedness of the following situations:
(1) Insisting that there must be a chemical, scientific, or rational explanation for an experience even if none is proven; or
(2) Believing the same experience to be supernatural or spiritually based even if it cannot be proven.

Philosophical question for you.
Compare the degree of closed-mindedness of the following situations:
(1) Insisting that there must be a chemical, scientific, or rational explanation for an experience even if none is proven; or
(2) Believing the same experience to be supernatural or spiritually based even if it cannot be proven.

As a naturalist, I don't believe in anything. I work within a framework that accepts the few basic fundamental assumptions of science and determine the empirical truth, in that framework, of every situation. It could be the case that this is an actual supernatural phenomenon. However, the only way that could be determined is to one by one rule out every possible natural explanation. Since in the current state of human knowledge the set of all possible natural explanations is not complete, this is currently impossible. Therefore one cannot rationally accept this case as supernatural even though the possibility, however small, exists. Just like it is possible that the tooth fairy exists, but one cannot rationally believe in the tooth fairy.

As a naturalist, I don't believe in anything. I work within a framework that accepts the few basic fundamental assumptions of science and determine the empirical truth, in that framework, of every situation. It could be the case that this is an actual supernatural phenomenon. However, the only way that could be determined is to one by one rule out every possible natural explanation. Since in the current state of human knowledge the set of all possible natural explanations is not complete, this is currently impossible. Therefore one cannot rationally accept this case as supernatural even though the possibility, however small, exists. Just like it is possible that the tooth fairy exists, but one cannot rationally believe in the tooth fairy.

So when skeptics claim that someone is being ridiculous when they explain their beliefs as based on "faith", defined generally as "belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence", they are being hypocritical? Seems to me that the way you just explained naturalism's ultimate belief in natural explanation even without empirical proof is exactly the same.

Please note that I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I'm not referring to you specifically when I say "skeptics claim that someone is being ridiculous." I merely address these questions to you because you seem to be the one most willing to explain your beliefs in this vein.

I agree that if you rent it out you need to advertise for what it is. How did Milt die? I wonder if his unfinished business is just that no one believed that it was haunted. I like LBEs/Js idea of just going in there and having a little chat.

So when skeptics claim that someone is being ridiculous when they explain their beliefs as based on "faith", defined generally as "belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence", they are being hypocritical? Seems to me that the way you just explained naturalism's ultimate belief in natural explanation even without empirical proof is exactly the same.

Please note that I'm not trying to pick a fight, and I'm not referring to you specifically when I say "skeptics claim that someone is being ridiculous." I merely address these questions to you because you seem to be the one most willing to explain your beliefs in this vein.

I think my post was misleading. I shouldn't say I believe that the events described are either natural or supernatural until we have definitive proof. What I mean to say is that definitive proof of supernatural activity is impossible unless you can rule out every possible natural explanation. Until there is an adequate explanation, the only rational position is haunted-house agnostics per this specific issue.

And I'm glad you bring it up. I enjoy and appreciate people of other viewpoints who are willing to discuss these things. I never get upset in these discussions even when I am very outnumbered unless people stray away from the actual discussion and get personal.

I would be totally down to go in there with some sort of paranormal group to investigate. You might inquire about a fundraiser involving a local group. I know here we have a big mansion that, every Halloween, a paranormal group does an overnight "investigation" like they do on TV and charges normal folks like $200/person to stay with them. Raises a good amount of money since they let like 20 people sign up.

I think my post was misleading. I shouldn't say I believe that the events described are either natural or supernatural until we have definitive proof. What I mean to say is that definitive proof of supernatural activity is impossible unless you can rule out every possible natural explanation. Until there is an adequate explanation, the only rational position is haunted-house agnostics per this specific issue.

Which is exactly what I meant: if you have to rule out every natural explanation, and humans cannot rule out every natural explanation yet, then naturalists would say that, until every natural explanation is ruled out, I will assume there is one. A spiritualist would say that, until supernatural or spiritual explanation is ruled out, I will assume that it is so. I think both sides are using the same logic.

Last edited:
1. Grab a Vid Camera
2. Visit the house tonight around midnight
3. Start talking about all the changes you want to make to the house for the next renters
4. Record.
5. ????
6. PROFIT

I think the ???? you're looking for on number 5 is "get murdered by Milt"

I'm serious, though, TSY, people pay good money to experience stuff like that, especially as Halloween approaches. Would be a great way to add some funds to your FD, or to a local organization.

Yeah I say capitalize on that ish. As long as you're upfront about what happen and have people sign waivers.

Back