• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

There's a local Tennessee group that does these commercially. If you want me to get their contact info, I can. But I'm pretty sure you'd rather keep it local. If not, let me know.

I really think you should go in there late at night, and just start pissing on the walls.

It sounds like if you got the group in touch with the former tenants and owners to get backstory, it would be a hell of a good time.

The hauntings you have there are much more substantial than at the local place, and people still wait all year to buy tickets to it. find the right group to put it on and you have a gold mine. It sells out here in 1 day.

I agree that if you rent it out you need to advertise for what it is. How did Milt die? I wonder if his unfinished business is just that no one believed that it was haunted. I like LBEs/Js idea of just going in there and having a little chat.

Is that pretty common? Ghosts having pizza and beer and catching up on old times?

It sounds like if you got the group in touch with the former tenants and owners to get backstory, it would be a hell of a good time.

I emailed the family and told them to write down everything theyve ever experienced in detail. Once this whole situation blows over of course.

Which is exactly what I meant: if you have to rule out every natural explanation, and humans cannot rule out every natural explanation yet, then naturalists would say that, until every natural explanation is ruled out, I will assume there is one. A spiritualist would say that, until supernatural or spiritual explanation is ruled out, I will assume that it is so. I think both sides are using the same logic.

Perhaps. Every day we advance our knowledge a little further discovering what (at least mainstream people) used to believe as supernatural to be completely natural. I'll rest my position as a TSY haunted house agnostic until either a natural explanation is discovered or I die, and in that sense, I'll remain an agnostic about all supernatural phenomena. In practice, however, I will live my live assuming that the supernatural does not exist.

I do think there is a significant difference in assuming the supernatural exists and assuming there is an undiscovered natural explanation. The former is a much bigger leap in my opinion. In this case, I think there is probably a natural explanation that could be discovered if the current state of human knowledge was fully utilized in examination. However the investigators and supposed witnesses have very limited resources and are unable to determine the underlying cause. That's my first impression anyway without actually witnessing the phenomenon firsthand.

Perhaps. Every day we advance our knowledge a little further discovering what (at least mainstream people) used to believe as supernatural to be completely natural. I'll rest my position as a TSY haunted house agnostic until either a natural explanation is discovered or I die, and in that sense, I'll remain an agnostic about all supernatural phenomena. In practice, however, I will live my live assuming that the supernatural does not exist.

I do think there is a significant difference in assuming the supernatural exists and assuming there is an undiscovered natural explanation. The former is a much bigger leap in my opinion. In this case, I think there is probably a natural explanation that could be discovered if the current state of human knowledge was fully utilized in examination. However the investigators and supposed witnesses have very limited resources and are unable to determine the underlying cause. That's my first impression anyway without actually witnessing the phenomenon firsthand.

Has to be a board record for most 8 letter words per paragraph.

I'll fucking live in that house. Ridiculous.

I'm taking cards to play double solitaire with Milt tho. I think we are BOYZ now.

How do all the people know that the dude's name is Milt? Does he introduce himself? "Hello, I'm Milt. Damn glad to meet you. Now get the hell out of my house."

Either:

(i) There weren't enough fires/rednecks falling off houses this weekend so tsy had too much spare time/cheap whiskey/oversmoked pork products and he decided to spin a half baked yarn to pull your collective legs.

or

(ii) these rednecks are just the latest in a line of destitute hillbillies living in Advance who can't pay their rent and are willing to take advantage of the nice firefighter who may or may not have had too much whiskey and smoked pork.

actually, I think Ghosthunters will only do famous locales. There's that other show that I can't think of the name of that does houses though...The kids are from Penn State or somewhere.

Back