• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

TWDeac

Resident Astrophysicist
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anything strange/unexplained ever happened to you?

I haven't seen a thread about this for several years. The last was one was actually the impetus for me to sign up for the old boards and start posting.

Unfortunately, I've never had anything very strange or unexplained happen to me. I've always been extremely interested in these type of things. I think it all started off when I read an account of the actual Amityville haunting when I was a kid.

Anyway, lets talk about ghosts, cryptids, UFOs, etc.. Do you think this stuff could be real? Why or why not? What are some of your experiences?

The trip from Cincinnati to Winston-Salem takes me past Point Pleasant, WV. The famous town from The Mothman Prophecies and the home of the cryptid Mothman, believed to be named Indrid Cold.

Fascinating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman

Once I thought I'd won a chat thread, only to see a masked man surrounded by flame swoop in and steal sweet victory away.

After my grandfather died my mom his GF and I all experienced some weird things.

This one time, I swished MHL and Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald around in my mouth.

How's that for weird and inexplicable?

I haven't seen a thread about this for several years. The last was one was actually the impetus for me to sign up for the old boards and start posting.

Unfortunately, I've never had anything very strange or unexplained happen to me. I've always been extremely interested in these type of things. I think it all started off when I read an account of the actual Amityville haunting when I was a kid.

Anyway, lets talk about ghosts, cryptids, UFOs, etc.. Do you think this stuff could be real? Why or why not? What are some of your experiences?

DrummerDeac took me by the real life Amityville horror house a couple years ago. It was cool minus the fact people died there.

There used to be a ghost lady in my parents' house when I was growing up. Long story.

To this day creeps GSDIY when we are over there.

Ghost lady is gone though. We stopped "feeling" her when her husband (the guy my parents bought the house from) died.

After my grandfather died my mom was in bed about to fall asleep and heard her father's voice saying, "don't worry [DCmom] I feel much better]. My grandfathers GF was asleep and heard his voice say "[GF's GF] if you don't wake up you're going to be late for your appointment." She had a hair appointment that day.

I was babysitting my brothers and looked up at the balcony and was convinced that I saw my grandfather on the balcony looking over us.

This all happened within a few weeks of each other. In all likelihood it was grief and our subconscious. However, it was weird.

I was out on Fourth Street about an hour ago when the idea to start a thread like this suddenly came to me. Seriously. I come home and what do I find?

:tinfoilhat:

After my grandfather died my mom was in bed about to fall asleep and heard her father's voice saying, "don't worry [DCmom] I feel much better]. My grandfathers GF was asleep and heard his voice say "[GF's GF] if you don't wake up you're going to be late for your appointment." She had a hair appointment that day.

I was babysitting my brothers and looked up at the balcony and was convinced that I saw my grandfather on the balcony looking over us.

This all happened within a few weeks of each other. In all likelihood it was grief and our subconscious. However, it was weird.

Back from the grave to ensure that hair appointments are met. Nice.

I once had a dream the summer after my senior year in H.S. that I gave up Wake Forest to go to DeVry institute. The next day there was a flyer in the mail from DeVry.

Mrs I/O had a strange experience at my dad/stepmom's house. They collect a lot of antiques and I think something was "attached" to a purple lamp hanging in the closet of the bedroom where she was sleeping. She felt footsteps walking from the head of the bed to the foot of the bed and some other weird stuff that night.

After my grandfather died my mom his GF and I all experienced some weird things.

When my great-grandfather died, my grandmother said his ghost moved to her house. She claimed, and I have heard, the toilet flush when no one was in the bathroom. My grandmother has since died. After her death, the odd things continued in her house. Now her house is sold, much of her furniture moved to our house, and the odd things have moved to our house, which is just a few years old. We have lights in furniture that will cut on without anyone cutting them on or near them. So now we say that my grandmother and great-grandfather are now with us in our house.

Once when I was younger, I thought I heard what could have been footsteps on the roof above my room. The house(my mom still lives there) is somewhat out of the way and non-descript.

I doubt it was anything, but then again, it could have been something :)

When my great-grandfather died, my grandmother said his ghost moved to her house. She claimed, and I have heard, the toilet flush when no one was in the bathroom. My grandmother has since died. After her death, the odd things continued in her house. Now her house is sold, much of her furniture moved to our house, and the odd things have moved to our house, which is just a few years old. We have lights in furniture that will cut on without anyone cutting them on or near them. So now we say that my grandmother and great-grandfather are now with us in our house.

Creepy.

I once had a dream the summer after my senior year in H.S. that I gave up Wake Forest to go to DeVry institute. The next day there was a flyer in the mail from DeVry.

Mrs I/O had a strange experience at my dad/stepmom's house. They collect a lot of antiques and I think something was "attached" to a purple lamp hanging in the closet of the bedroom where she was sleeping. She felt footsteps walking from the head of the bed to the foot of the bed and some other weird stuff that night.

:eek:

I was reading in bed one night when I was 13 or 14, when I heard my name whispered in my ear from behind. I froze, not totally sure if I imagined it or if it was the wind outside or something. I continued reading, not really phased, when suddenly a few seconds later, clearly, sharply and distinctly, I again heard my name whispered from behind me, louder this time.

I was out of bed and flying down the stairs to my parents' room faster than I'd ever run before. They were both asleep, and on the other side of the house. A bathroom and the stairwell separated my room from my brother's, and he was also asleep. My room was in a corner upstairs, so it couldn't have been someone just standing outside my window. Nothing like that's ever happened again, and I still can't explain where the whisper came from. But I'm 100% certain it wasn't someone in my house talking through a wall or anything.

Last edited:
Back