• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Paranormal Activities

Bummer, was hoping Milt was rocking the place. One of my favorite threads of all time.

No known issues that I know of. The family with the two young kids still live there and apparently love it.

Almost like there are actually no such things as ghosts and goblins at all !

I have one secondhand story that's kind of cool. A few months ago a guy opened a candy store in an old building in downtown GSO. I took the kids in there and was chatting with the owner and he said the place is haunted. He has had experiences with something throwing papers and stuff off his desk in the back of the store when he was in the front. He heard it and watched it happen on the security camera feed in the front of the store. He was also taking some photos of the store to put on the website, and in one of them a weird human shaped shadow figureshowed up. He pulled it up on his phone and showed it to us. So far no negative impacts on the candy, which is delicious. http://www.gatecitycandycompany.com/

Ran 3.5 miles this AM past the empty lot in Clemmons where Pazuzu's house used to be. Nothing happened, but running by there at 5:15 AM is a little creepy.

Ran 3.5 miles this AM past the empty lot in Clemmons where Pazuzu's house used to be. Nothing happened, but running by there at 5:15 AM is a little creepy.

Yeah, at least two people and a slew of animals died there. Not to mention the other sick things that happened there. That’s pretty creepy.

....don’t tell me that animals being ritualistically sacrificed repeatedly in the same place doesn’t bring bad energy.

If you're not watching the series on Viceland about this guy, you need to. It's fucking insane.

If you're not watching the series on Viceland about this guy, you need to. It's fucking insane.

Just finished the last episode earlier tonight. We live in Clemmons and my wife wanted to drive by the empty lot on the way home from dinner tonight. I passed.

Unfortunately, I don't get that channel. I knew of the guy in high school, he was a grade or two behind me. I didn't recognize him until I saw pics of him when he was in high school before he got Pazuzu'd.

My cousin did a lot of the camera work for this series. He said that in 20+ years in the industry, this is the one story that keeps him up at night.

tl;dr - I saw a motherfucking Indian spirit by the side of the road many years ago that was basically confirmed later. I am a mystic who tapped into the same vibrations as this old man, who wanted to reach out to me to let me knew we were all of the same earth. One with the dirt and air. And that he could sense this in me.

I know I shared this on the boards before, but I guess not in this thread, so:

I was driving up solo to Fredericksburg, VA one Saturday to see this band I like, the Dismemberment Plan (got totally ditched by an ex girlfriend of mine who was pushing hard to hang with me then just dropped off the face of the earth with no word -- what a weirdo, but that's another story) because I just needed something different to do. First, the drive up sucked. There were torrential downpours almost the entire time and I had my hazards on most of the time because visibility was lowwww.

Anyway, a few years ago I was kind of seeing this girl in Richmond and would drive up there to visit a few times. South of Richmond there is an interchange where the ramps start going all over the place. As I was passing once on the way to see this lady one afternoon/early evening I thought I caught a glimpse of this old Native American man standing just off the highway behind a barrier, wearing a poncho type covering. I remember passing him, thinking WTF was that Indian old timer doing, then looking back and not seeing him. I thought it was weird and it felt kind of spooky, but figured I might not have caught him in my mirror or something, or it was just some homeless guy wearing some discarded carpet I mistook for traditional indigenous attire, or just a trick my mind played on me, and eventually I forgot about it.

So I'm driving up there this other time many years later and as I approach that jumble of arteries I remembered the old Indian man. I got a serious case of deja vu -- did I actually see that Indian man, or did I just dream it and now that dream has kind of evolved into something as clear as a moment that actually happened. But I remembered these clear details about it and I felt this memory -- it wasn't just a hazy outline -- as if I had just seen him again. I recalled the feeling rather than just the memory. So I kept on driving, but took note of that and how it just seemed an odd manifestation of that recollection.

I'm driving back (I had a couple of g & ts before the show, but was straight and sober at this point, hadn't even smoked) and I get to this junction and I just start to get the chills bad. I'm not shaking, but my skin is moving, crawling, not in a bad way, just in a powerful way. My nose opens up like it kind of feels when it is about to bleed, I tear up and have to take a couple of really deep breaths. It wasn't a fright, it wasn't the same kind of goose bump chills one gets when one is overwhelmed by a strong emotion; it was just this really weird electric sensation -- I don't want to say it felt like there was some sort of presence, it wasn't that either, but it felt like something else was interfering or interacting with my environment.

So I shared this with the boards a few years ago, and almost immediately someone (I forget who) responded:

"Funny you should mention that. I'm assuming you are talking about the interchange between I-95 and Pocahontas Parkway. I ran across this article a few weeks ago."

http://wtvr.com/2012/06/18/economy-n...antas-parkway/ (I think this link is dead now, I was copying/pasting from an email I sent someone else.)

"Since the road was built there have been reports that it is haunted. One trucker reported seeing Indians on horseback carrying torches. Even law enforcement has seen strange things in the area. "

AND

"You don't have to "believe" in ghosts to run into them. In Virginia, Indian ghosts regularly appear on the newly-opened Pocahontas Parkway. One truck driver recently saw three of them. "The truck driver came through and said he saw [three] Indians in the middle of the highway lined up by the woods, each of them holding a torch," says a parkway toll taker. The warriors were illuminated clearly by the light from their fiery torches, and looked so real that the driver blasted his horn to tell them to get off the road. But the woman in the toll booth knew they were ghosts, since she'd heard the same story from so many other drivers.

Troopers who work along the Pocahontas Parkway say they have responded to dozens of such calls. A recent one was on July 1st at 3:11 a.m. Two days later, at 1:44 a.m., roadway workers reported "see[ing] a subject running back and forth around the loading dock." Troopers responded both times and found nothing. In both cases, the Indians were described as having cloudy but fully formed legs, arms and torsos, with only a vague outline of a head. Troopers and workers also have reported hearing Indian drums.

Long after midnight, drivers and roadway workers report hearing whoops, shouts and cries from what seem like dozens of voices. Some people claim the noises are from a nearby kennel, but one trooper says, "I know what a bunch of hunting dogs sound like, and it doesn't sound anything like that."

State police spokeswoman Corinne Geller visited the toll plaza late at night and says,"Three separate times during our watch, I heard high-pitched howls and screams, not the kind of screams of a person in trouble, but whooping. There were at least a dozen to 15 [voices]. I would say every hair on my body was standing up when we heard those noises."

An engineer for Blau-Velt, who is working nights to complete the parkway bridge's construction, says, "It was me and two or three other guys and we could see a horse and there was an Indian sitting on it. It was right at the bottom of the bridge." The engineers started toward the rider, "because you're not allowed to have a horse on an interstate," but both the Indian and his horse disappeared.

Deanna Beacham of the Nansemond tribe has a theory about the ghosts. "We are anxiously awaiting our federal recognition," she says. "We're still here as place names. We became rivers and streets and roads and communities. Why shouldn't people see physical manifestations of that?"

There is evidence of Indian inhabitation in the area of the parkway from the 1600s to as far back as 3500 BC. Dennis Blanton, an archeologist at the College of William and Mary, organized a dig before construction started. "There were artifacts scattered all over, dating back five or six thousand years," he says. "They had a main village that was closer to Richmond."

Ron Hadad owns Hadad's Lake picnic grounds, which is less than a mile from the toll plaza. He says, "I've been here for 37 years. My mom--we all thought it was funny--she lived in this house before me. She said she used to hear a lot of hooting and hollering. I've never seen any Indians myself, but I've seen my mother's face. They probably built [the roadway] on an Indian burial ground.? "

Is that weird as fuck or what? This happened to me many years prior and I had pretty much forgotten about it until I drove past it back then. I hadn't seen or heard any of these reported stories; in fact, I half heartedly looked way back then to see if there was anything on an Indian burial ground, but got nothing. Then I saw that. Shiiiit.

Last edited:
Is that weird as fuck or what? This happened to me many years prior and I had pretty much forgotten about it until I drove past it back then. I hadn't seen or heard any of these reported stories; in fact, I half heartedly looked way back then to see if there was anything on an Indian burial ground, but got nothing. Then I saw that. Shiiiit.

Turns out the Indian was actually a fugitive trucker named Rich Crenshaw

I have one secondhand story that's kind of cool. A few months ago a guy opened a candy store in an old building in downtown GSO. I took the kids in there and was chatting with the owner and he said the place is haunted. He has had experiences with something throwing papers and stuff off his desk in the back of the store when he was in the front. He heard it and watched it happen on the security camera feed in the front of the store. He was also taking some photos of the store to put on the website, and in one of them a weird human shaped shadow figureshowed up. He pulled it up on his phone and showed it to us. So far no negative impacts on the candy, which is delicious. http://www.gatecitycandycompany.com/

So, for Halloween he will be offering tricks and treats?

I'm sure some of you have seen it, but I've watched the Joe Rogan podcast with Bob Lazar several times. The documentary about him (on Netflix, I think) is fascinating. Admittedly, I haven't researched enough into his credibility, but the things he's said seem very grounded in reality and believable.

Back