• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update 3/24

I would be excited if our guys get great reviews today. I feel like players that come to Wake deserve our support. There are a lot of easier options available to them besides coming here.

I would be excited if our guys get great reviews today. I feel like players that come to Wake deserve our support. There are a lot of easier options available to them besides coming here.

Agreed.

There's something you have to realize about how recruiting pages/services have changed over the past decade. Ten or more years ago, they were basically fun and marginally profitable. Now they are a business.

If Telep or Scout or Rivals start moving 15-20 kids in and out of their ratings during the players' senior years,questions will be asked about how accurate their initial rankings are. This could cost them money, real money.

Fifteen or twenty years ago, players routinely shot up the rankings from not in Top 100 to Top 50 or higher.

Jankovic is an oddity in doing it this year. So don't expect much jumping from our guys no matter how well they play this summer or next winter.

Barring something miraculous, 3* is the most they will get.

There's something you have to realize about how recruiting pages/services have changed over the past decade. Ten or more years ago, they were basically fun and marginally profitable. Now they are a business.

If Telep or Scout or Rivals start moving 15-20 kids in and out of their ratings during the players' senior years,questions will be asked about how accurate their initial rankings are. This could cost them money, real money.

Fifteen or twenty years ago, players routinely shot up the rankings from not in Top 100 to Top 50 or higher.

Jankovic is an oddity in doing it this year. So don't expect much jumping from our guys no matter how well they play this summer or next winter.

Barring something miraculous, 3* is the most they will get.

That's illogical. The more money that becomes available, the more likely the scouts are going to try hard to keep their assessments accurate year-to-year. Everyone understands that great changes can take place in 16-18 year old kids, but if they start to be consistently off from their assessments, they will lose traffic to their scouting rivals.

Arlington, Glad to see you over here. Great work over on premium.

Lots of twitter buzz about Rountree so far. Love to hear that.

Dave Telep just tweeted:
"Great run in back gym. Codi Miller McIntyre, Coger vs Meeks. Theo Pinson. Everyone working well. CMM good one for Wake "
12 minutes ago via TweetDeck

HOOPSScout Aaron Rountree plays hard on both ends. Blocking shots in the paint & grabbing rebs, then pushing it up on breaks. Really good guard skills

EvanDanielscout Aaron Rountree just made a couple nice plays in transition. Braxton Ogbueze vs Rodney Purvis

dukehoopblog 6'8" SF Aaron Rountree from Wilson, Class of 2012 has a nice handle for a kid his size. Josh Smith, also C/O 2012 blocking everything

BloggerSoDear Rountree with a couple great steals, passes and finishes in transition. Very impressed thus far

HOOPSScout Aaron Rountree is playing like he wants to be the 2011 DTCC MVP. He and Braxton Ogbueze are on the same team. Both playing well

RAJohnston12 Aaron Rountree is just a joy to watch on the court. Great motor on both sides of the ball . Another steal and assist.

DaveTelep Aaron Rountree getting better. Aspects of his game are improving, including his confidence

dukehoopblog @MartinRickman You guys have to be happy with Aaron Rountree's performance so far at the #DTCC

dukehoopblog Ogbueze has a nice stroke from deep. Really, really impressed with Aaron Rountree.

theMTbrain Lots of good things being seen from myself @DaveTelep and @RAL57 about Wake commits Codi Miller McIntyre and Aaron Rountree, Wake fans #DTCC

theMTbrain Aaron Rountree just caught the whole defense looking on that dime. Really nice pass. #WakeForest #DTCC

JaceyZembal Frosh guard James Demery Jr. settling in. Rountree getting it done with steals. Soph PG Devonte Graham is solid. #dtcc

Anthony Davis went from unranked to the top player in the 2011 Class over one summer. So anything is possible.

HOOPSScout Aaron Rountree plays hard on both ends. Blocking shots in the paint & grabbing rebs, then pushing it up on breaks. Really good guard skills

EvanDanielscout Aaron Rountree just made a couple nice plays in transition. Braxton Ogbueze vs Rodney Purvis

dukehoopblog 6'8" SF Aaron Rountree from Wilson, Class of 2012 has a nice handle for a kid his size. Josh Smith, also C/O 2012 blocking everything

BloggerSoDear Rountree with a couple great steals, passes and finishes in transition. Very impressed thus far

HOOPSScout Aaron Rountree is playing like he wants to be the 2011 DTCC MVP. He and Braxton Ogbueze are on the same team. Both playing well

RAJohnston12 Aaron Rountree is just a joy to watch on the court. Great motor on both sides of the ball . Another steal and assist.

DaveTelep Aaron Rountree getting better. Aspects of his game are improving, including his confidence

dukehoopblog @MartinRickman You guys have to be happy with Aaron Rountree's performance so far at the #DTCC

dukehoopblog Ogbueze has a nice stroke from deep. Really, really impressed with Aaron Rountree.

theMTbrain Lots of good things being seen from myself @DaveTelep and @RAL57 about Wake commits Codi Miller McIntyre and Aaron Rountree, Wake fans #DTCC

theMTbrain Aaron Rountree just caught the whole defense looking on that dime. Really nice pass. #WakeForest #DTCC

JaceyZembal Frosh guard James Demery Jr. settling in. Rountree getting it done with steals. Soph PG Devonte Graham is solid. #dtcc

Great post. Can we copy this and start a new Carolina Challenge thread? Pretty big pub for our guys.

I'm thrilled with the reports I've been reading on twitter. Thrilled.

SG 2013 Anton Gill is dominating. He is from Raleigh and sounds like a big timer.

That's illogical. The more money that becomes available, the more likely the scouts are going to try hard to keep their assessments accurate year-to-year. Everyone understands that great changes can take place in 16-18 year old kids, but if they start to be consistently off from their assessments, they will lose traffic to their scouting rivals.

Whether you consider it logical or not, that's the way it's been. If your ratingd gets the Top 20-40 correct, many people forget about who is #60 or #77.

You also have to remember that many coaches pride themselves on finding the Matt Howards, Alec Burks, etc.

Nice to have guys like Telep pumping our recruits so hard now. With pub like that, you'd have to imagine their rankings are going to be on the up and up.

Rountree sounds like a guy that's just now figuring out how good he is. Confidence is everything.

DaveTelep Great run in back gym. Codi Miller McIntyre, Coger vs Meeks. Theo Pinson. Everyone working well. CMM good one for Wake

Awesome reports. We really needed them to show up for this tournament to assuage some of the venom.

Awesome reports. We really needed them to show up for this tournament to assuage some of the venom.

Completely agreed. I wanted to hear some 3rd party people hyping them up, and got exactly that so far.

CMM and Rountree are playing against each other right now, so more reports should be coming in the next couple hours, I'd imagine.

Back