• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update 3/24

If there's one thing people get upset about on Wake boards, it's questioning the notion that they have some kind of unique recruiting connection.

And cartoons. RJHotKarl does NOT like cartoons.

Oh wow, who gave catu that title? apparently, he is timely AND accurate

There's really no reason to get into a pissing match between the 2 boards imo. We are all Wake fans.

wow, the angst and pettiness has moved to this board as well...only we can cuss and post NSFW pics.

well, the last two things are pretty fucking cool!

There's really no reason to get into a pissing match between the 2 boards imo. We are all Wake fans.

This is cute, doofus.

But seriously, old boards can blow me. They're not good.

knock it off.

please don't denigrate what someone else posts. unless you have it straight from [Redacted]'s mouth, "we have not and never will look at olu whateverolu," dont tell someone else theyre wrong.

likewise, certain people on this thread should be very grateful to have another source of information, and shouldnt be knocking him for posting what he believes to be true.

If someone affiliated with Scout wants to come over here and have an honest exchange of information I don't know why we should be discouraging that.

He started it.

BUT FINE

Welcome, Catu! Take your shoes off, make yourself at home.

Thanks for putting this together. I really hope Katenda likes his visit today, and that he pulls the trigger this week. Also, I hadn't heard about the kid from Louisiana Tech, thanks for that nugget. Hope that we can land him if the coaches think he will contribute(which it sounds like they do)

As for the person who asked for scholarship amounts:
(All these are next year's roster)

Fields(Freshman)
Fischer(Fresh)
Green(Fresh)
Terrell (Sophomore)
Chennault(Soph)
Desroisers(Soph)
McKie(Soph)
Harris(Junior)
Walker(Senior)
Nikita(Senior)

By that count, we have 10 scholarship players next year right now. Could be as many as 12, if Tabb comes back and we get Katenda. For 2012, that would leave us 3 scholarships, which we have two committed right now. Numbers might change though

We would still be incredibly young. I would be great if we could/would recruit some Jr. College or foreign talent.

Its only a matter of time before it's a 24-7 pissing match over here between 4 or 5 posters with the Mods right in the middle. Not sure that model will work.

No way with the Mods being dicks will this place last either.

Not all mods will be dicks to the same poster in the same instance and that being the case we will check one another.

I do know what model doesn't work, but I won't mention it.

Its only a matter of time before it's a 24-7 pissing match over here between 4 or 5 posters with the Mods right in the middle. Not sure that model will work.

No way with the Mods being dicks will this place last either.

Oh hush, we aren't all dicks :)

I was being a dick. My bad. It happens. Jack checked me. I look forward to returning the favor at some point.

Back to bball recruiting news, according to the Recruit Scoop kid on the Twitter Machine, we have another offer out for 2012. Anyone know anything about Kale Abrahamson? Here's his ESPN profile.

I was being a dick. My bad. It happens. Jack checked me. I look forward to returning the favor at some point.

Back to bball recruiting news, according to the Recruit Scoop kid on the Twitter Machine, we have another offer out for 2012. Anyone know anything about Kale Abrahamson? Here's his ESPN profile.

Seems like a great skill-set for a guy his size. Competition obviously sucks though.

Back