• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update 3/24

I don't have to know more than Bz to evaluate him. I just have to know there are many coaches who are better than him.

We see this with every coach. Fans trust the coach for the reasons stated above. Coach doesn't produce enough wins and gets fired or is allowed to leave. Fans pledge their allegiance to the next coach. You know the fans that just blindly trust every coach and it's hard to take what they post seriously. Any fan who isn't skeptical about a 8-24 coach is definitely hard to take seriously.

Last edited:
Any updates on how Katenda's visit went? I saw he finalized a date for his ND visit which doesn't bode well in my opinion.

Numbers just went drunk ballistic on the powers at be on the premium board . It was epic. I knew it would not last long so I had my wife read it as well. Of course it is deleted now. Quite an effort by the young man.

Numbers just went drunk ballistic on the powers at be on the premium board . It was epic. I knew it would not last long so I had my wife read it as well. Of course it is deleted now. Quite an effort by the young man.

Originally Posted by numbers
Never mind...just ban me...these boards are worthless anyways...I get all the info I need from my inside sources and the other boards...I haven't needed to use these in the past 8 months and I just get condescending posts.

Say what you want but..I'll take my inside info and leave, no wonder Wake can't get considerable contributions from their DC members. 90% of the ones I've met in real life and on the boards are complete asswipes.

The older I've gotten the more I've wanted to care less about Wake because of the complete d0uches who pull for Wake.

Enjoy your **** sports boiz you're all a bunch of ******* to me at this point. Enjoy your circle jerk over 2 star players who will be at the bottom of the ******* conference despite the fact that "insiders" masturbate over their ability to bounce the ball three times without turning it over. Other insiders will be covering actually good players who will go to schools Wake was once competing with recruiting wise before Ronny hired the worst basketball coach in our history besides Staak.

Have fun morons.

It sounds pretty reasonable to me. How did you get it?

Was posted on the chat thread on the Pit.

I honestly don't even care about DeaconSports anymore. Except cagles. Fuck that guy.

Katenda

Is anyone a member at Rivals since the NDRivals just published a story about Katenda setting up a visit date. If he set up a visit date today than that would be a very bad sign but I'm sure that it is just that it took them a day or two to publish the story. I hope.

Is anyone a member at Rivals since the NDRivals just published a story about Katenda setting up a visit date. If he set up a visit date today than that would be a very bad sign but I'm sure that it is just that it took them a day or two to publish the story. I hope.

I remember reading that he was going to visit them next weekend earlier today. I doubt he is classless enough to do that during the middle of his visit here.

I bet it was a combination of two things... that NDRivals site was slow on writing it up. And 2. That NDRivals site wanted to potentially draw Katenda's attention back to ND during his visit here. (I'm a cynic, so I usually think something underhanded is going on...)

Can't paste the entire article of course, but here are some interesting parts. It's pretty thorough, actually, much more so than most recruiting articles:

"Katenda plans to visit South Bend the weekend of April 15, which coincides with the Blue-Gold Game. He just spoke with assistant coach Martin Ingelsby about it Wednesday."

"The relationship has been building with me for so long,” Katenda said, “that I kind of like respect them more than other programs if you see what I mean.” (w/ regards to ND)

"“I’m gonna take my first two visits then I’m gonna see,” Katenda said. “But I’m still talking to them.”

LINK

The article said it was set on Wed. for 4/15. Said Eric wanted to ask the AD about the coaching change since he was first recruited by Dino. Consider the source, I hope.

Eh...feel bad for going apeshit on them, but at the same time I just lost it.

My inside info has ALWAYS been good on premium. I only posted over there when it was confirmed by two sources and I continued to be berated by posters because of my reputation on the free board.

It was partially my fault, but at the same time I was sick of it. I'm just bringing that info over here now.

yeah I don't expect anyone to copy the article I just wanted to make sure that he didn't set up the visit today, thanks for the info Irish.

Hopefully he changes his mind and only take one :D

My inside info has ALWAYS been good on premium. I only posted over there when it was confirmed by two sources and I continued to be berated by posters because of my reputation on the free board.

It was partially my fault, but at the same time I was sick of it. I'm just bringing that info over here now.

Their loss. Nothing to feel bad about. :thumbsup:

I don't have to know more than Bz to evaluate him. I just have to know there are many coaches who are better than him.

We see this with every coach. Fans trust the coach for the reasons stated above. Coach doesn't produce enough wins and gets fired or is allowed to leave. Fans pledge their allegiance to the next coach. You know the fans that just blindly trust every coach and it's hard to take what they post seriously. Any fan who isn't skeptical about a 8-24 coach is definitely hard to take seriously.

Very well put.

You feel bad for striking out against people that seemed to under-appreciate you? Really?

You need to hang out with me more. I'll make you a true asshole in no time.

Adding: In no way do I think I should have been valued at DeaconSports.

This nonsense about "irrational hatred" of Bzzzzz really needs to end. Most of the fanbase thought it a poor uninspired hire, and the 8-24 record and bevy of sleeper recruits among other things has done nothing to change anyone's mind.

Originally Posted by numbers
Never mind...just ban me...these boards are worthless anyways...I get all the info I need from my inside sources and the other boards...I haven't needed to use these in the past 8 months and I just get condescending posts.

Say what you want but..I'll take my inside info and leave, no wonder Wake can't get considerable contributions from their DC members. 90% of the ones I've met in real life and on the boards are complete asswipes.

The older I've gotten the more I've wanted to care less about Wake because of the complete d0uches who pull for Wake.

Enjoy your **** sports boiz you're all a bunch of ******* to me at this point. Enjoy your circle jerk over 2 star players who will be at the bottom of the ******* conference despite the fact that "insiders" masturbate over their
ability to bounce the ball three times without turning it over. Other insiders will be covering actually good players who will go to schools Wake was once competing with recruiting wise before Ronny hired the worst basketball coach in our history besides Staak.

Have fun morons.

I shall never tease the little guy again

Well done Frodo, well done!!!

Fyc, That is a well explained view of our new recruiting strategy and deserves serious consideration. From my vantage point it doesn't seem likely to produce championship teams without a major star to lead us. Right now we have too many role players.

I think this is accurate deaclite. But I also don't think it's a bad thing. In order to land some top tier kids, I think we're going to have to get back to the middle of the pack first.

Back