• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Board Decorum

TWDeac

Resident Astrophysicist
Staff member
Reaction score
Several threads on the sports board have gotten out of hand recently and devolved into personal attacks, name-calling, and general thread derailment.

The moderator team has closed two threads which blatantly called out individuals.

In an effort to keep these kinds of things from happening, we have issued warnings. If these kind of activities continue to happen, we will have to take more drastic action.

We want the sports board to be a place where you can discuss sports and not be ridiculed, even if you think the Cowboys aren't the greatest team in the NFL. You are allowed to have polarizing views, just don't start fights over them unless you want to be put on everyone's ignore list for a few days, or be confined to a single thread.

Seriously, take this shit to the politics forum and keep it out of the Pit and the sports board.

Discuss Wake Forest athletics. Freely.

Which has a lot more to do w/ all information being shared, rather than held back for premium users. Doesn't give people the right to act like children and start pissing matches in every single thread, or call people out in a thread, especially when such behavior detracts from the experience for all the other posters.

When I freely discussed my opinions about your posting style and habits...you...

Well you left.

Then came back.

And now you are mocking our motto.

Do I have that history down right?

Last edited:
When I freely discussed my opinions about your posting style and habits...you...

Well you left.

Then came back.

And now you are mocking our motto.

Do I have that history down right?

Please explain how "freely [discussing] your opinions about [someone's] posting style and habits" is really any different than "[calling] people out in a thread". They're two sides of the same coin.

Please explain how "freely [discussing] your opinions about [someone's] posting style and habits" is really any different than "[calling] people out in a thread". They're two sides of the same coin.

The Land of the Free still has rules and degrees of applicability with those rules, yes? Same concept.

The Land of the Free still has rules and degrees of applicability with those rules, yes? Same concept.

Someone's opinion is not the same as a rule/regulation.

Or to put it another way, what's sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander.

I agree that decorum needs to improve. All I'm saying is that standards need to apply to everybody. That hasn't always happened, but then again nobody's perfect.

If you don't agree, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I agree that decorum needs to improve. All I'm saying is that standards need to apply to everybody. That hasn't always happened, but then again nobody's perfect.

If you don't agree, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

It says we can discuss Wake Forest Athletics freely, not flame Internet-enemies freely. That simple. The purpose of this sub-forum is a discussion of those standards you reference, so it's a great thing you're airing your concerns here. But I think you'd have to recognize that they tend to be subjective judgment calls, for the most part. And from the beginning of this board, we've made it clear that you all might not always agree with those calls, but you will know why we made them.

Hey, I was drunk when I made that post last night, and it wasn't meant to make a stance.

DV7, I still stand by my stance that you are a truly terrible poster. But just because I called you out while leaving the boards doesn't mean I left because of anything to do with you. We will never agree about Wake Forest athletics, but that hardly precipitated my break from the boards. Hell, if anything, I'm more annoyed by the stranglehold justgimme has on the chat thread. Either way, the ignore function is highly useful.

I love it here, and I'm glad the mods have decided to take action on the sports board.

Several threads on the sports board have gotten out of hand recently and devolved into personal attacks, name-calling, and general thread derailment.

Thankfully we don't have any mods who would do such a thing. :eek:

Back