• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Leaving about 1/3 cup of coffee in the office coffee pot. You know that there's not enough left for a full cup, yet you it there to justify not making another pot. Lazy SOB!!!!

I am guilty of this. I admit it.

Whenever I plug my iPod into my car stereo, it automatically plays the same Vampire Weekend song until I'm able to put on whatever I want to listen to. It's made me pretty much hate that song.

I will also say that the iPod touch presents a particular problem when it arbitrarily shifts itself to repeat and will only play the song you're on, over and over, until you manually go change the tune. And the setting to change it back is buried in some weird, non-intuitive place that I never remember when it happens, which is now up to about 4 random times a year.

Bringing this thread back, I hate how every march every website/magazine etc. does some stupid bracket, the food bracket, the wire bracket, the beer bracket, the pez dispenser bracket. It's so dumb I dont need a bracket where idiots vote about the best of stupid things.

What a coincidence this thread is back up top because I thought of one yesterday.

I hate when people have something to tell me and instead of coming up and telling me, they yell my name/call me like I'm their pet dog and expect me to run over and hear whatever crap it is they want to say.

People with terrible phone skills. During the course of the day I talk to a lot of people on the phone, and if you seem abrasive and/or rude during the first 5-10 seconds of our conversation I immediately write you off as a terrible person and wish horrible things upon your family.

I know that this has been brought up before, but the insistence on adding "-gate" to the end of a word in order to label a scandal of any kind drives me absolutely crazy, much more than it should. I wonder if we'll ever move on from it.

When people say "alls" like "alls I know..."

When someone takes something out of the microwave with time left and leaves that time left on the display.

When my wife doesn't like something in her meal (lemon in water, tomatoes in salad, etc.), and puts it directly on the table.

When someone takes something out of the microwave with time left and leaves that time left on the display.

When my wife doesn't like something in her meal (lemon in water, tomatoes in salad, etc.), and puts it directly on the table.

in my experience, this seems to be a somewhat universal pet-peeve. which leaves me wondering where all the people come from who still think it's ok to do this.

It is even worse that restaurants think it is fine to describe a meal/ingredients and then put other things on it anyway. Since when are green onions an acceptable garnish on my food. If you are going to put that nasty shit on it, put it on the menu. Same for tomato and lemon. I ordered water, not water with a hunk or unwashed, unripe fruit on/in it.

The way airlines load passengers front to back infuriates me every time. Maybe the most inefficient aspect of modern society.

To go with that microwave pet peeve (and this may actually be the root cause of that problem), I hate it when I want to cook something for 45 seconds so I hit the 4 and it starts cooking for 4 mins! It is very annoying to stop it and push "cook time" and then push 45 seconds or however long. I get so used to not having to hit cook time on mine that it really bothers me when I do.

Oh man, I've been racking these up lately.
1. If I can hear your music from your earbuds over my own music, it is TOO LOUD.
2. A crowded train car is no place to select your new ringtone. We all know you're going to pick 'marimba' anyway (so people know you have an iPhone)
3. If you have a question for me, just ask me. You do not need to raise your hand as you say "I have a question." (my new coworker does this CONSTANTLY)
4. Angled parking spots drive me nuts, especially when they're angled to where you can only pull in to one side of the row (because all the spots are parallel). It cuts down on the spots available to you per pass (ie you can only pull in to the spots on your right), and then when I'm trying to walk to the door, it doesn't let me dart through cars in a straight line- I have to weaaveeee around angled cars. Then, when leaving, I am inevitably faced the wrong way (from being forced to back out at a particular angle) to make the quick exit from the lot... I have to do a full lap to get back around to the exit. I know it shouldn't bother me so much, but lately it's really getting to me because the grocery store I frequent has angled spots.

People in line at the ATM who wait until it is their turn b/f getting their card out, deposit slip filled out, etc..., and then seem to take forever trying to figure out whatever it is they are trying to do.

This may seem weird, but anyone who calls themself the father/mother of their pet. Really annoys me.

People who negrep anonymously.

You wanna disagree with me? Don't think I'm funny? Fine, call me out in public, send me a message or man up and sign your negrep. Don't be a little bitch and hide on a fricking internet message board.

lol this usually gets me about 10 additional negreps

Back