• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

1. Dragging your feet when you walk. It is like nails on a chalkboard to me.
2. Grammar nazi's on freaking message board.
3. People who talk loud on the phone in public to try to talk over the surrounding noise.
4. People that have conversation with cashiers extend past the sale while I am in line.
5. People taking orders in the drive through asking what I want to drink after I have already told them once or twice.
6. People who tell me to sit down and stop cheering at a Wake fball game.
7. When my wife or kids take their shoes off in the middle of the floor.

This one is for the older set, but I am having a son in about ten days and last night my wife had a little shower with some friends. One girl gave us/him a pair of fucking red check fucking Jonjons (18mnth). WTF??? I have girls and I have no interest in dressing my son little a preppy fucking girl. There was no gift receipt so they went straight to the goodwill bag.

When radio stations mush their call letters/nickname into a song. Example I heard today from Zac Brown Band: "A little bit of chicken fried, cold beer on a Friday night, a pair of jeans that fit just right, and WOLF radio up." I know they did not originally sing the song with "WOLF" included.

Sick coworkers that won't go home.

The fact that high heels are all noisy against a tile floor. I feel like a giant loud noise machine who stomps, but I'm not those things.

I find it annoying when people stop me as I'm walking into the office in the morning to talk about work, client issues, their kids' baseball game, etc. Give me 3 minutes to put my stuff down instead of making me stand in the hallway holding my laptop, coffee, etc. I know it sounds petty so I don't let it show that I am annoyed but it irritates the shit out of me.

The girls voice behind me on the max. Grating as hell.

People who look at you like you are lying when you leave work sick.

Idiots. They turn me into the girl who feels compelled to correct random peoples conversations just so what I have to overhear is less dumb.

You know what pisses me off……………. People that use elevators. I’m not talking about people who go from floor one to floor ten, legit. I’m not evening talking about people who go from floor one to floor three, also maybe legit. Im talking about the people that go from fucking floor one to floor two. So there you are sitting waiting for an elevator and its taking slower than Jon Abbate’s forty times. What the fuck could possibly be taking so long? Obviously it’s the fucking fat asses that decided to use the elevator as their personal fork lift to lower there wide ass from floor two to one or eight to seven. After waiting for team Walrus to send the elevator down you now shuffle in, thankful that you have the entire thing to yourself. Oh wait here comes some fat ass that looks like a combination of Jabba the Hut in drag, John Kruk’s hair, and Hank the angry Dwarfs hygiene. So of course they end up shoving their arm into the entrance just as the elevator is about to close. Bam the doors hit their arm and fat ripples like the rhythmic tides of the ocean, its almost a hypnotic state of euphoria watching as the “I think Ill just have one more slice” and “Ill start my diet tomorrow” fat rolls back and forth. So there you are standing as this sea cow wedges themself through the door, wondering if you can’t fit through a standard doorway maybe you should have cut back on eating, ohhh say 5 years ago. Thankfully there are only two people on the elevator as you eye the occupancy 10 people or 1600 pounds, since Chief Fat Ass is pushing the 4 bills department. So somehow after its fit through the doors the Cheeto cheesy covered sausage like fingers go to push a button you pray please no, please no. BAM floor 2. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. All of this effort was for one Fucking floor. Why couldn’t they of taken the stairs? Seriously Why? Two flights of stairs, this fat ass acts like they would be climbing Everest. Better get a Sherpa, oxygen tanks, and a bunch of energy bars. I can only imagine the conversation that would unfold “Whew we better make base camp here and start those next four stairs tomorrow, it could be tricky. What did people do before elevators; I’m inclined to believe that all buildings were one story. God fucking fat people using elevators really pisses me off.
this is gold

Poor phone etiquette absolutely slays me.

I just had a guy call our office to ask only for our address, then have me hold for a solid minute while he went and found a pen and paper. Swallow a shotgun asshole.

Also anybody who ever calls me and then asks me to hold within the first 30 seconds of the conversation instantly gets hung up on. Hopefully they go look in a mirror and re-evaluate their existance before they call me back.

Posts asking for score updates on game threads. Bitch, you're on the Internet. Open another window and pull up ESPN

Poor phone etiquette absolutely slays me.

I just had a guy call our office to ask only for our address, then have me hold for a solid minute while he went and found a pen and paper. Swallow a shotgun asshole.

Also anybody who ever calls me and then asks me to hold within the first 30 seconds of the conversation instantly gets hung up on. Hopefully they go look in a mirror and re-evaluate their existance before they call me back.

People making calls from a business who do not announce who and where they're calling from.

People who don't say their name when answering a strange phone number.

people who use fancy words instead of basic words just so they can sound impressive.

example: this guy on my team has used the term "earned media" in at least 5 different situations and counting. all of those situations resulted in someone saying "what's earned media?" he then explains it in a long drawn out way.

dude. it's the same thing as press coverage (which everybody understands). JUST SAY PRESS COVERAGE AND SAVE US 5 MINUTES.

yeah but you can have press coverage that wasn't earned (i.e., they reached out to you or just cited you without contacting you).

Back