• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

When people look at their phone, see who's calling them, and answer it, "Hello?", as if they have no idea who's calling.

So what do you say? Some weird phone habits here. I always answer "hello?" and if I know who it is the implied question is "what's up/why are you calling."

Definitely never answer with my name just to make sure the person that's calling ME knows who they got on the phone. On landlines, sure I'll say who is speaking because anyone could have answered that. When I used to work somewhere with a shared line I said my name. At work with an extension that's only used internally, nah.

So what do you say? Some weird phone habits here. I always answer "hello?" and if I know who it is the implied question is "what's up/why are you calling."

Definitely never answer with my name just to make sure the person that's calling ME knows who they got on the phone. On landlines, sure I'll say who is speaking because anyone could have answered that. When I used to work somewhere with a shared line I said my name. At work with an extension that's only used internally, nah.

If the caller id says mom, I answer, "Hey mom".

If its a number I don't recognize, I say, "Hello?"

This mostly crops up on Facebook but I've seen it here too.

Any post that is looking for suggestions or recommendations that ends with, "Annnnnd go".

Posts that start with the word "just" and end with "no big deal".

People who share anything from another website on Facebook.

Maybe I just hate Facebook.

to add, it seems like every time I log in to Facebook there are now a million videos that have the laughy/crying face emoji framing the video. no more of that.

also, the Tasty videos. all the food looks gross. No, I don't want to make meat lovers pizza tacos.

ITT, we find out ITC is a telemarketer.

haha

if i don't know the number AND i answer i am not giving a pretexter any new information (E.g. my name). you called me. you introduce yourself and i'll determine if i want to talk to you.

ha i'm not a telemarketer and i don't do cold calls but I'm willing to concede that I'm an anomaly here

when you turn off notifications in an app, but it keeps sending them anyway. :umkc:

Saying into the ether: 'I'd be interested to see facts/figures/information on X topic.'

Okay, LMGTFL.

Saying into the ether: 'I'd be interested to see facts/figures/information on X topic.'

Okay, LMGTFL.

Well, it's annoying when people (usually Tunnels posters) post what they say are facts and when you ask them to cite their #sauces, they say they don't have time or, even better, I'm not doing your research for you.

Playing pickup basketball by 1's and 2's. It's pretty much the only way games are played, but shots outside the arc should not be worth double.

that bothers me as well, but i am a beast in the paint so...

When you're walking down the sidewalk and someone behind you is close enough that you can tell they're there. This normally happens after they're a ways behind you and are walking faster, but then get behind you and settle into your speed or choose not to pass you. Maybe this is better on the irrationally angry thread, but I hate it when people do this. If it happens for more than a few steps, I just stop walking and move to the side so they can pass me. Don't need someone breathing down my back while I'm walking down the street.

i will my post my city league mixtape and trophy pics if you dont believe me.

You prefer 2s and 3s to 15 instead of 1s and 2s to 10?

Well we play 1's and 2's to 15, but yeah, given the option of the two you listed I'd prefer the former.

A 20' jumper should not be worth two phan drop-steps.

When you're walking down the sidewalk and someone behind you is close enough that you can tell they're there. This normally happens after they're a ways behind you and are walking faster, but then get behind you and settle into your speed or choose not to pass you. Maybe this is better on the irrationally angry thread, but I hate it when people do this. If it happens for more than a few steps, I just stop walking and move to the side so they can pass me. Don't need someone breathing down my back while I'm walking down the street.

That's when you just need to rip one.

Back