• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Drives me crazy when people complain about how bad it smells in the men's room. Yeah, it smells like shit. Not surprising. Aren't you glad they pooped in the men's room instead of anyplace else in the building ?

Drives me crazy when people complain about how bad it smells in the men's room. Yeah, it smells like shit. Not surprising. Aren't you glad they pooped in the men's room instead of anyplace else in the building ?

True but I expect there to not be TP strewn everywhere. If you’re going to build one of those ass barriers out of TP then FFS flush it.

Using ass barriers seems a little fruity to me. Get yourself some TP, wipe it down, then wash your hands. I'll allow for exceptions in like airport or stadium bathrooms, but still I'd just rough it.

Using ass barriers seems a little fruity to me. Get yourself some TP, wipe it down, then wash your hands. I'll allow for exceptions in like airport or stadium bathrooms, but still I'd just rough it.

Depending on urgency my GI tract is presenting, I'll usually throw down a strip on the back end of the seat - i.e. where the ass-crack lands. A full barrier for the whole seat takes too much time and those seat cover things are worthless.

I imagine this has appeared on this thread already, but coworkers who talk to you in the bathroom should be docked a percentage of their pay.

people who are nervous about toilets are dumb. It's your ass. You're not catching anything from sitting on a toilet seat.

Wary vs weary.

Weary = tired
Wary = cautious

People say “weary” when they really mean wary. Probably due to mixing it with “leery” which has a similar meaning to “wary.” I hear it a lot from the numbskull general populace but this morning on NPR I heard that the “markets were weary” of the recent manufacturing index. For shame.

Weary vs. wary? There's an easy solution. Don't hang around with as many scared or tired people.

I thought it was woolly

a4538414-0cda-4726-b6f6-c75632541ca5_text_hi.gif

I know -- it's standard

but the imbalance always bothered me

It definitely rewards chucker behavior. How about shooting the ball of the check, or the man bringing the ball down the court shooting before at least one pass? There are some terrible pick up behaviors out there.

Last edited:
Sounds like y'all just need to increase your range.

It definitely rewards chucker behavior. How about shooting the ball of the check, or the man bringing the ball down the court shooting before at least one pass? There are some terrible pick up behaviors out there.

You play in a game where you can shoot off the check? That's batshit crazy.

RE: the bringing the ball up the court shooting- it depends who he is. Who is covering him. And if he sees an opening.

I stopped playing our game about six years ago, but have gone back about two years ago. They still weren't playing with 2s. Besides arguing, I think the next reason is we didn't want games to end too quickly.

I'm not worried about chuckers as much as the fact that hitting a 3 should be worth two layups

You play in a game where you can shoot off the check? That's batshit crazy.

RE: the bringing the ball up the court shooting- it depends who he is. Who is covering him. And if he sees an opening.

I stopped playing our game about six years ago, but have gone back about two years ago. They still weren't playing with 2s. Besides arguing, I think the next reason is we didn't want games to end too quickly.

I've played in a lot of different games with a lot of dumbass rules. I've finally aged out of the open run at the Y on Sundays. Not so much because I can't hang physically anymore, although that day is rapidly approaching, but because the dogshit basketball the high schoolers and early 20's kids play is so infuriating I can't stand to play it anymore. I've reached the "get of my lawn" age with basketball apparently.

I'm not worried about chuckers as much as the fact that hitting a 3 should be worth two layups

If you are playing in a good game and using the college line, shooting a three is easier than getting two layups. Hell, we used a three point shot to decide disputed calls.

Back