• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

I played in a co-ed slow pitch league a few years ago in Newport Beach. The lady play third played like we were playing fast pitch. She couldn't have been more than forty feet from home. Then, she starting talking shit. I asked her to move back saying it was dangerous to be there. She started talking more shit.

I saw the shortstop cringing and figured he was her significant other and suggested he talk some sense into her. She moved back only a couple of feet. I hit the first pitch right past her ear. The next time she didn't talk and moved behind the bag.

I had something happen in that league that I had never seen in all the years I played. I was playing LF. An opponent hit a fly towards me. As I moved to catch it, all of a sudden, all the sprinklers in the outfield turned on. I paused for a split second, then went after and caught the ball. They had to stop the game until the sprinklers went off.

I am sure that went over well.

Use of the word "game-changing" and variations thereof in advertising is fast approaching "craft"-level annoyance for me.

My new pet peeve is people complaining on Twitter about other people taking their shoes off on flights. Of course it is gross and unacceptable but I don’t need to hear about it every single time. My feed is 90% Trump talk and 10% bare feet on planes

Counterpoint: why are unshod feet a problem? Let them breathe.

People who embed images in their email signature should immediately be demoted.

I think my biggest pet peeve these days is when people "answer" product questions on Amazon or similar sites with "I don't know, I don't ..." Then why the hell are you wasting everyone's time with a worthless reply? Do these people think the question was posed only to them?

I think my biggest pet peeve these days is when people "answer" product questions on Amazon or similar sites with "I don't know, I don't ..." Then why the hell are you wasting everyone's time with a worthless reply? Do these people think the question was posed only to them?

Not really a pet peeve, but people who leave a negative review because of things that have nothing to do with the product (e.g. shipping delays) are idiots.

Not really a pet peeve, but people who leave a negative review because of things that have nothing to do with the product (e.g. shipping delays) are idiots.

yeah - saw a review on a dog harness

"this product did not fit my dog" - 1/5 stars

People taste testing food in a line with several people waiting. Happens at the popular ice cream places all the time (one reason I typically refuse to go) and has been happening a ton a my go-to soup/salad/sandwich spot. The two ladies in front of me today sampled two different types of soup each and one requested to try the chicken salad. FFS.

taste testing more than one flavor is ridiculous. taste testing soups and chicken salad? wtf

I think trying 2 ice creams is ok if you're trying to decide which one you want. any more than that and you're being greedy, unless you're in an empty store and the clerk is enthusiastic about dispensing samples as I've seen before.

If the ice cream shop is packed, and you're not a curious <10 year old, just pick the flavor you think sounds best. Same applies at breweries. Basically, slow ordering taste-testers are my biggest pet peeve these days.

If the ice cream shop is packed, and you're not a curious <10 year old, just pick the flavor you think sounds best. Same applies at breweries. Basically, slow ordering taste-testers are my biggest pet peeve these days.

This is correct. Adults don’t need to taste test ice cream. You know what it’ll taste like because you’re an adult. Grow up and place your order. Every taste test is another little plastic spoon in the pacific.

This is correct. Adults don’t need to taste test ice cream. You know what it’ll taste like because you’re an adult. Grow up and place your order. Every taste test is another little plastic spoon in the pacific.

That may be true at a shit ice cream shop but a legit ice cream shop is going make it a tough decision. And they’ll have wooden or metal spoons.

When planning my honeymoon saw so many reviews of

“It rained the entire week we were there. There was nothing to do.”

Back