• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

That’s an indication that there’s a lack of indoor activities and that you should look up the probability of rain when choosing your honeymoon dates. That’s a legitimate concern.

There should be no problem with indoor activities on a honeymoon though.

That may be true at a shit ice cream shop but a legit ice cream shop is going make it a tough decision. And they’ll have wooden or metal spoons.

This. I’m not asking to sample cookies and cream or strawberry, but unique flavors.

That may be true at a shit ice cream shop but a legit ice cream shop is going make it a tough decision. And they’ll have wooden or metal spoons.

oh yeah, your mind can't possibly wrap your head around what "cherry cheesecake" or "blueberry scone"

it's all the same shit!

oh yeah, your mind can't possibly wrap your head around what "cherry cheesecake" or "blueberry scone"

it's all the same shit!

This is because you live in a lowdown trash town whose idea of radical flavors are "blueberry scone" and "cherry cheesecake".

You know what "Beer and Pretzel" ice cream taste like? Me neither, but I want a taste.

Also not from a little plastic spoon like some sloped head, backwood hayseed.

Last edited:
That’s an indication that there’s a lack of indoor activities and that you should look up the probability of rain when choosing your honeymoon dates. That’s a legitimate concern.

There should be no problem with indoor activities on a honeymoon though.

It’s an all inclusive oceanfront resort.

This is because you live in a lowdown trash town whose idea of radical flavors are "blueberry scone" and "cherry cheesecake".

You know what "Beer and Pretzel" ice cream taste like? Me neither, but I want a taste.

Also not from a little plastic spoon like some sloped head, backwood hayseed.

yeah, what could beer and pretzel ice cream taste like?

the snozberries taste like snozberries !

it's all the same shit!

Exactly. Last time I stood in line for 30 min at one of these places (Jeni's) I ordered a "peaches n sweet cream with salted biscuit crumble" ice cream because it sounded amazing and I wanted it. Not because I tried it against 2 others that sounded good, savored the flavors, pondered textures, and caused the 30 min line to grow to a 32 min line. I'm willing to live with the uncertainty that, for $4, I order something that's just merely good rather than the optimal taste bud ecstasy option. Oh, and that ice cream was amazing, but still not worth a 30 min wait.

people who pay $6 for 'radical' flavors of ice cream:

e1lain1cfvydyzmttrav.png

Almond Milk. It tastes absolutely terrible, is worse for you than actual milk, and is horrible for the environment.

Why hipsters, why?

taste testing more than one flavor is ridiculous. taste testing soups and chicken salad? wtf

This is most egregious at craft beer bars, in my experience. If the bartender offers you samples to help you out, good for them. Don't ask to sample seven different varieties.

Back