• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

That may be true at a shit ice cream shop but a legit ice cream shop is going make it a tough decision. And they’ll have wooden or metal spoons.

How tough can it possibly be as an adult man who knows what things taste like?

I’ve never been to an ice cream shop that provides wooden or metal spoons for taste testing, is that common in the “legit” ice cream shops in your area?

By the way catamount is on your side with this argument so that should give you pause.

How tough can it possibly be as an adult man who knows what things taste like?

I’ve never been to an ice cream shop that provides wooden or metal spoons for taste testing, is that common in the “legit” ice cream shops in your area?

By the way catamount is on your side with this argument so that should give you pause.

You get annoyed with people sampling a flavor they haven't tried before.

That should give you pause.

Y’all need to head west and go to Salt & Straw. It will change your lives. You’ll think Coldstone is some Winn Dixie brand frozen dairy dessert crap.

At least hit up a good gelato shop.

The fact that the declared one percenter on these boards and I agree on the finer tastes of ice cream agree on this should tell you all to expand beyond Baskin Robbins.

Y’all need to head west and go to Salt & Straw. It will change your lives. You’ll think Coldstone is some Winn Dixie brand frozen dairy dessert crap.

At least hit up a good gelato shop.

The fact that the declared one percenter on these boards and I agree on the finer tastes of ice cream agree on this should tell you all to expand beyond Baskin Robbins.

Cmon guys, finer tastes of ice cream? This isn’t wine or high cuisine. I hope you’re not holding up Catamount as an arbiter of fine taste because he is (claims to be) 1% - if so I’ll just mark that L down for you.

I get ice cream from shops maybe once or twice a year. Regardless if it’s baskin Robbins or whatever high end ice cream chain you’re touting, I make a selection and eat it. Usually after waiting a while in line behind some moron who’s being indecisive about what they want their third and fourth taste tests to be. On plastic spoons every time.

"fine iced creams" sounds like something nouveau riche, city dwellers and people from Florida would buy into heartily

Like I believe Ph eats anything but these

42fba915a83ceb0d3bcb4ab47252e081.jpg

I think my biggest pet peeve these days is when people "answer" product questions on Amazon or similar sites with "I don't know, I don't ..." Then why the hell are you wasting everyone's time with a worthless reply? Do these people think the question was posed only to them?

Amazon sends out emails to people who have bought the product asking them to answer the question. Boomers think they have to answer, no matter what, or they get seven years of luck or some shit.

Cmon guys, finer tastes of ice cream? This isn’t wine or high cuisine. I hope you’re not holding up Catamount as an arbiter of fine taste because he is (claims to be) 1% - if so I’ll just mark that L down for you.

I get ice cream from shops maybe once or twice a year. Regardless if it’s baskin Robbins or whatever high end ice cream chain you’re touting, I make a selection and eat it. Usually after waiting a while in line behind some moron who’s being indecisive about what they want their third and fourth taste tests to be. On plastic spoons every time.

"fine iced creams" sounds like something nouveau riche, city dwellers and people from Florida would buy into heartily

I like to imagine that these two posts were sent after splurging on the Bang Bang shrimp at Bone Fish during fancy date night.

I like to imagine that these two posts were sent after splurging on the Bang Bang shrimp at Bone Fish during fancy date night.

i see bone fish restaurants and wonder who goes in there? so "bang bang shrimp" is served there - thanks for the intel, District

Back