• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

"Mary Did You Know"
"Thankful"
"It Wasn't His Child"
"This Christmas"
"The Gathering" program by Laurelynn Dossett

This Christmas is almost 50 years old.

The British method of writing out acronyms that are pronounced phonetically, e.g. Unicef instead of UNICEF

simply having a wonderful christmas time. yeah that song sucks almost as bad as feliz navidad.

What's the co-merging etiquette on a three lane highway? Car A is in the left lane and wants to merge into the middle lane. Car B is in the right lane and wants to merge into the middle lane. They both throw on their blinkers and try to merge at the same time. Other than "whoever wins at chicken", who has the right of way?

I see this on a weekly basis during my commute and it's almost a goddamn accident every time.

What's the co-merging etiquette on a three lane highway? Car A is in the left lane and wants to merge into the middle lane. Car B is in the right lane and wants to merge into the middle lane. They both throw on their blinkers and try to merge at the same time. Other than "whoever wins at chicken", who has the right of way?

I see this on a weekly basis during my commute and it's almost a goddamn accident every time.

biggest SUV wins

I'm pretty sure the person moving left must yield
If you're moving left it's assumed that you're trying to pass or enter the highway itself so you are supposed to yield to anyone who is to your left who is moving faster or trying to move to the right to get out of someone else's way and/or out of the passing lane(s)

The guy with the biggest gun.

I don't think Tom Brady will be the GOAT unless he plays competently until age 45

Do y'all use emojis in formal work emails? I am seeing this more and more lately, and honestly I don't think I am ok with it. Like bro/ or strong professional women please don't send me a smiley face keep that shit between you and your wife/husband/partner/bo thang. K thx.

I'll cop to using emojis sometimes - usually to emphasize that what I'm saying should not be taken the wrong way. Works when you're emailing an idiot.

New, young, idiotic management on PP.com. Dude doesn't respect the time I've put in since before he learned to shit in a toilet, and I'm banned for a month for telling him what a piece of shit he is. I'm all over the Pit for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Back