• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

New, young, idiotic management on PP.com. Dude doesn't respect the time I've put in since before he learned to shit in a toilet, and I'm banned for a month for telling him what a piece of shit he is. I'm all over the Pit for a few weeks.

Oh, I'm banned quite a bit longer than that.

it was my gym membership pass through my health insurance

there was a secure message feature where I requested to cancel, but they responded that I had to call

took 30 minutes, 25 of which was spent on hold

Dafuq? What kind of membership is this? I honestly can't think of a single thing I'm a member of that I would have to speak with someone to cancel.

HBO with Directv
Newspaper subscription

Dafuq? What kind of membership is this? I honestly can't think of a single thing I'm a member of that I would have to speak with someone to cancel.

Cable and cellphone are the obvious answers here. I don't think any of those companies just let you bail without having to speak with a human. Home security too - ADT gets desperate when you tell them you're cancelling.

On a related note: large companies who do not have the customer service chat option. See, airlines.

but while we're talking about pet peeves with customer service, when you have to provide your details to the automated voice (confirmation number, name, etc) and then have to provide it again when you get a live voice.

usually I try to just skip straight to the operator, but I've found a few like UPS where they absolutely won't let you through without first giving things like your tracking number.

Canceling my Dish Network subscription a couple years back was horrendous.

I love calling a service provider and being forced to put in ID numbers, confirm name, call back number etc and then getting a live human only to be asked for that information again. Person can't help? Transfer... I need your ID number...

You used to have to call to cancel the old Scout site subscriptions over the phone. Once that place went downhill, I kept my membership like a year longer than I should have, mostly out of laziness/annoyance not wanting to call.

N9t a pet peeve but a friend once called to order the meal kipper football recruiting magazine and mel picked up the phone to take the order. It was a looooong time ago.

That’s a solid one. Great time to clean trash out of car, or clean windshield.

but while we're talking about pet peeves with customer service, when you have to provide your details to the automated voice (confirmation number, name, etc) and then have to provide it again when you get a live voice.

usually I try to just skip straight to the operator, but I've found a few like UPS where they absolutely won't let you through without first giving things like your tracking number.

I like using my boomer level trick of shouting “Representative” at the bot which gets me through to the human operator queue and skipping that stuff.

Back