• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Old people who get upset when technology changes. I realize that your icons are gone because I just reinstalled your operating system.

people who eat like crap, then complain when they can't lose weight. bonus points if said person then tries to make me feel guilty for being a size 2. look, i run 50 miles a week. there's a reason i am capable of losing weight.

(for the record, i am well aware that some people truly struggle to lose weight even when eating well and exercising. i also have hypothyroidism, so i have been there and i get it. my problem is with the people who sit there eating a bag of chips while telling me that i'm just so lucky to be skinny. umm, i am skinny because i exercise and don't eat like crap all the time. you should try it sometime)

people who eat like crap, then complain when they can't lose weight. bonus points if said person then tries to make me feel guilty for being a size 2. look, i run 50 miles a week. there's a reason i am capable of losing weight.

(for the record, i am well aware that some people truly struggle to lose weight even when eating well and exercising. i also have hypothyroidism, so i have been there and i get it. my problem is with the people who sit there eating a bag of chips while telling me that i'm just so lucky to be skinny. umm, i am skinny because i exercise and don't eat like crap all the time. you should try it sometime)

I'm skinny (apparently) and I have body image issues, so that's fun. But I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

Assholes who leave 10-20 feet between their car and the car in front of them... Inevitably, I or somebody will have need to get into the left turn lane, but I can't do it before the light changes because somebody is not considerate or aware enough to pull up closer to the car in front of them so that I or somebody else can squeeze into that lane.

That and pretty much most drivers on the road. Oddly enough, I hate it when people tailgate me, and I hate it when they think there's too much space between me and the car in front of me (because I don't tailgate) so they pass me up and squeeze in between, even though I'm going as fast as the guy in front of me.

I also hate it when people don't use turn signals in traffic, particularly on the freeway. And if you do that while constantly weaving in and out of traffic, you should be shot, IMO.

My wife pulls the parking brake, in my automatic, in our flat driveway. Annoys the piss out of me.

Girls who wear low-cut shirts and then get pissy when you admire the boobies. I just want one of them to ask me in that snippy, holier-than-thou tone:

"What are you looking at?!?!?"

"I'm looking at your tits, what did you think I was looking at?"

People who won't walk the extra 15 feet to stick their shopping cart in the closest cart return.

Smokers who dump their ashtrays out in parking lots.

People who don't clean up their dog's crap when they're out walking them.

Seems like laziness and being inconsiderate are common denominators.

People who watch non-HD channels when they have access to Digital Cable.

ZOMG my roommate does this...argh!!!

People who are still referencing Charlie Sheen need a tack hammer to the dome imho.

My wife pulls the parking brake, in my automatic, in our flat driveway. Annoys the piss out of me.

The wifey does this as well. I guess the 2 inches that the car rolls when you put it in park is her pet peeve.

eh, I do that too. then again, it's because I'm worried about the integrity of my Park gear after prematurely engaged it while skidding off the road once because I thought my car was on fire.

come to think of it, bad drivers.

and my old standby, men who piss on toilet seats and just leave that shit there. some places (football games, concerts) it's sort of like meh. but in the office? come on.

You know what pisses me off……………. People that use elevators. I’m not talking about people who go from floor one to floor ten, legit. I’m not evening talking about people who go from floor one to floor three, also maybe legit. Im talking about the people that go from fucking floor one to floor two. So there you are sitting waiting for an elevator and its taking slower than Jon Abbate’s forty times. What the fuck could possibly be taking so long? Obviously it’s the fucking fat asses that decided to use the elevator as their personal fork lift to lower there wide ass from floor two to one or eight to seven. After waiting for team Walrus to send the elevator down you now shuffle in, thankful that you have the entire thing to yourself. Oh wait here comes some fat ass that looks like a combination of Jabba the Hut in drag, John Kruk’s hair, and Hank the angry Dwarfs hygiene. So of course they end up shoving their arm into the entrance just as the elevator is about to close. Bam the doors hit their arm and fat ripples like the rhythmic tides of the ocean, its almost a hypnotic state of euphoria watching as the “I think Ill just have one more slice” and “Ill start my diet tomorrow” fat rolls back and forth. So there you are standing as this sea cow wedges themself through the door, wondering if you can’t fit through a standard doorway maybe you should have cut back on eating, ohhh say 5 years ago. Thankfully there are only two people on the elevator as you eye the occupancy 10 people or 1600 pounds, since Chief Fat Ass is pushing the 4 bills department. So somehow after its fit through the doors the Cheeto cheesy covered sausage like fingers go to push a button you pray please no, please no. BAM floor 2. ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. All of this effort was for one Fucking floor. Why couldn’t they of taken the stairs? Seriously Why? Two flights of stairs, this fat ass acts like they would be climbing Everest. Better get a Sherpa, oxygen tanks, and a bunch of energy bars. I can only imagine the conversation that would unfold “Whew we better make base camp here and start those next four stairs tomorrow, it could be tricky. What did people do before elevators; I’m inclined to believe that all buildings were one story. God fucking fat people using elevators really pisses me off.

unfortunately, our building locks the stairwells from the inside, so you pretty much have to take the elevator. not sure how that works in the event of a fire. it's very annoying with all the people going to the 2nd floor. hell, I work on the 3rd floor and would love to take the stairs. makes me feel so lazy.

yes. yes times a billion regarding the exercise, and similarly I don't "eat like a bird" because I want to be skinny, I am FIT because I don't overeat and I exercise regularly. ...and just because I'm fit doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have days where I feel bloated and gross (dare I say 'fat'). If I have to hear you bitch about being fat as you eat twice your daily caloric intake in one meal, you can get over it when I say I don't feel great.

Oh man I hate so many things. I don't even know where to start.

I guess I've already said my piece about people quoting pre-teen animated series. And about parents who only care about the plight of their children, and could care less about other kids.

Besides that I hate waiting on elevators, so you don't have to worry about me elevator/fatty hating guy. I seriously will only take it if I can't find a stairwell or have to go up or down more than like 8-10 stories.

I hate shredded lettuce. Its just so freaking revolting. Its all soggy and makes me sick to look at, let alone eat.

I hate almost everything, so it's hard to know where to begin.

- People who think their kids are the cutest thing ever, when in fact they are annoying the shit out of everybody else. No one gives a fuck about your kid.

- People who make excessive noise with their food. Especially at the movies, people chomping on their popcorn, and then proceeding to suck on their teeth, or the inevitable old person that pulls out a piece of hard candy and sucks on it for 30 minutes.

I don't don't really wanna go into everything because I am starting to get annoyed just writing this post.

people who let their kids run wild in stores.

...or people that yell at their kids/make a scene because their kid's not perfectly quiet in the store. I saw (well heard more than saw) a mom doing this to her ~4 year old this afternoon, when the kid wasn't doing anything outside of normal 4 year old behavior. It just makes me sad; if she'll talk like that in public to her child, how does she act at home?

On a less sad panda note - I get annoyed when the workout room at the gym is pretty much empty and somebody has to take the machine right next to me. Dude, really?

People who walk down the middle of the driving lane in a parking lot. Hello, do you not expect that people will be driving their cars there? Move your sorry butt over to the side.

Back