• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

I don’t recall the last time I manually turned headlights on/off. Am I the problem?

Yeah, what? Don't almost all newish model cars have the auto lights that function properly? Hell, even my older 2010 Ford did.

i turn my autolights off frequently when i park places because they blast everyone in the firing line/into buildings/crowds

I never touch my lights setting so after I get an inspection or service done I will invariably drive around in the dark before I realize my lights are not on. Why can’t they put them back on auto? Pet peeve!

It’s the literal definition of supply and demand. $145 isn’t the true market price - the secondary market price is reality.

I realize that. And as a market participant, my price is somewhat lower. #missyou

there are times when my automatic lights don't come on if it's raining during the day but not quite dark enough

They should come on when your wipers come on, if they don't then you should have a setting to link them together.

Many cars this only happens if the driver turns on the lights and wipers. There is no "setting" to do this automatically.

specifically the bachelorette parties of the kinda women folks around here marry

How it’s impossible to buy tickets first hand for big events anymore because third party companies scoop them all up then resell them for way more on the secondary market.

That’s bullshit.

Isn’t that part of the fun of being a one-percenter? You get to steal life’s small joys from the poors.

Rolling Stones tickets are already $145 to $200 through Ticketmaster for seats that aren't even any good. Resellers are just gouging people who can afford it.

It’s the literal definition of supply and demand. $145 isn’t the true market price - the secondary market price is reality.

I wish there was some type of small listing fee. Costs nothing for anyone to list their shitty $100 tickets for $500 hoping some desperate person pays that insane price.

Just buy the tickets the day of. Ticket prices are inflated for months to take advantage of suckers. Also takes advantage of people who definitely want to go. Once the resellers get to the point where if no one buys them they get $-0- and don't plan on going, they drop the prices sharply. This is why I gave up my season tickets for the clippers, so many deals to find the day of and maybe only 5% of games actually got more expensive the day of due to supply and demand.

Just buy the tickets the day of. Ticket prices are inflated for months to take advantage of suckers. Also takes advantage of people who definitely want to go. Once the resellers get to the point where if no one buys them they get $-0- and don't plan on going, they drop the prices sharply. This is why I gave up my season tickets for the clippers, so many deals to find the day of and maybe only 5% of games actually got more expensive the day of due to supply and demand.

That's great for your DINK lifestyle.

Back