• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

eh, I do that too. then again, it's because I'm worried about the integrity of my Park gear after prematurely engaged it while skidding off the road once because I thought my car was on fire.

come to think of it, bad drivers.

and my old standby, men who piss on toilet seats and just leave that shit there. some places (football games, concerts) it's sort of like meh. but in the office? come on.

laughing out loud at this whole segment. mainly the reason for you putting it in park prematurely.

oh one in one goes. i have never heard it call alternate merge

Yea, when two lanes have to merge down to one.. one car goes from one lane then one from the other lane. I've always know it to be called an "alternate merge." Do you normally call it "one in one goes"?

Yea, when two lanes have to merge down to one.. one car goes from one lane then one from the other lane. I've always know it to be called an "alternate merge." Do you normally call it "one in one goes"?

I've never actually heard it called anything.

LOL I thought you were talking about a mail merge or something in Microsoft Office.

Now that your mention it. the soccer moms who can't drive when I drop the 8 year old off at school.

Some of us have places to be.

LOL I thought you were talking about a mail merge or something in Microsoft Office.

learn something new every day. I did some googling to make sure I wasn't completely crazy and it seems like "alternate merge" is what it is often called. I didn't realize it wasn't a common term. :noidea:

Convo in my media class today:

Professor: "Crime has been down statistically in the States over the past two years which is a positive."

Someone raises their hand to ask:

"What do you mean by down?"

Professor: "Down like, less crime"

Student: "But by what measure do you mean down? How do they measure 'down'? I don't know what that means"

....what, kill yourself

people that leave piss in the toilet and do not flush...just flush the damn toilet its disgusting and if you really wanted to save the world just go piss outside

In the days and weeks leading up to my wedding, it really started to piss me off every time someone would say, "Enjoy your last days of freedom," or "Enjoy your final days being single." Or when I would tell someone I was getting married they would reply, "Oh, my condolences."

I know these are all lighthearted jokes, but I would get those much more often than an offer of congratulations. My last days of freedom? Forgive me for actually wanting to get married. My final days being single? When is being in a relationship with a girl for three years considered being single? Did they mean being single on my tax return?

In the days and weeks leading up to my wedding, it really started to piss me off every time someone would say, "Enjoy your last days of freedom," or "Enjoy your final days being single." Or when I would tell someone I was getting married they would reply, "Oh, my condolences."
?

I went through the same thing. It is annoying. Now I have to deal with "when y'all gonna have a baby?" Its funny from my wife's 88 y.o. senile grandmother, but not from co-workers and people you see all the fucking time.

Another pet peeve: When people just assume you are sick because you lost weight. I've lost 20 lbs over the last year by eating healthier and working out a lot. Instead of hey good work, I get lots of "you're too skinny, you need to eat something, is everything ok".
I'd rather people just say, hey "glad to see your not a fatass anymore".

I went through the same thing. It is annoying. Now I have to deal with "when y'all gonna have a baby?" Its funny from my wife's 88 y.o. senile grandmother, but not from co-workers and people you see all the fucking time.

I'm just now starting to get that because a lot of my friends are all having their precious little babies at the same time. I've started to reply with "We're waiting until we're 40." (We're both 28).

Back