• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

People who stand at the grocery checkout watching the cashier bag their groceries. Move your fatass to the end and start helping you self-involved chud.

I fully recognize that some places like Wegmans have the cashiers bag immediately after scanning. Those places don't count.

i actually move the baggers out of the way and do it myself to expedite things. frees up the bagger to take care of someone else and it gets me back to my ROOTS

The baggers do a lousy job so I would much rather do it. Plus I use those floppy reusable bags so when you hand them to the bagger they just stare like what the hell do I do with this. Step aside Brayden I’ll do it and I won’t even smash my eggs like you.

it's insulting to do the Help's job, guys. do you clean your own toothbrushes, too?

oh i let the butler UNLOAD when we get home. I also have a sweet giant stack of paper bags to take back to the Teet soon.

The baggers do a lousy job so I would much rather do it. Plus I use those floppy reusable bags so when you hand them to the bagger they just stare like what the hell do I do with this. Step aside Brayden I’ll do it and I won’t even smash my eggs like you.

Fucken Brayden doesn't even know that you build the bag from the outside in.

When the smallest quantity of fresh parsley you can buy is 2 cups. Does anyone use 2 cups of parsley in any recipe?

Stock market reporting in points. Like on morning edition where they quickly go “The S&P 500 was down 4 points.” I guess that‘s negative but how negative? Unless you have memorized the prior day index value and are able to calculate the point change vs prior value immediately in your head there is no context and limited value for that report. As opposed to just saying S&P 500 index was down a quarter percent. Some broadcasts do this but those that don’t are a peeve.

Similarly lends itself to stupid “records” like biggest Dow gain or drop in history!!!! Yeah on your dumb points measure sure but by percentage it’s not historically noteworthy.

My boss wears so much cologne that if I walk into his office I smell like him the rest of the day.

I used to work with a woman who wore that strawberry/vanilla perfume that strippers often wear, and it would cling to everything she passed for hours.

speaking of things clinging to things: cards/wrapping paper with glitter. seems like most baby-related versions of that have glitter and gets fucking everywhere, and we've gotten a lot lately. there's really no need to wrap it anyway, not like he's going to unwrap it.

Washing machines/dryers that don’t allow you to turn off the “done” alarm

Really, any appliance that won’t let you disable all sounds.

I used to work with a woman who wore that strawberry/vanilla perfume that strippers often wear, and it would cling to everything she passed for hours.

I bet working in a strip club is actually not that fun, huh

Back