• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Using text threads in lieu of GroupMe (or something similar) for large groups.

I switched from the stock Messages app to Google's for Android and I feel like I've been given a 2nd chance at life.

Apple's habit of being only partially compatible with Android - thus making Android users annoying to Apple users.

Connor’s exaggerated rednecky language on the politics board.

People that don’t use their horn when the car at the front of the turn lane is on their phone when the light comes. If I’m more than three cars back in Charlotte I get the light at maybe a 40% clip because everyone just sits there and lets tragedy unfold.

When connor el writes in that unreadable redneck dialect

Connor’s exaggerated rednecky language on the politics board.

Lol

giphy.gif

People that don’t use their horn when the car at the front of the turn lane is on their phone when the light comes. If I’m more than three cars back in Charlotte I get the light at maybe a 40% clip because everyone just sits there and lets tragedy unfold.

This is a good one. The other extreme can also be true though. People who honk within a nanosecond of the light turning green if the car in front of them doesn't move. Feel like there's a 1.5-2 second grace period.

Those little mini developments that keep popping up where a few older houses/lots with say 2 acres between them get snapped up by a developer who then bulldozes and puts up 8 McMansions in the space.

I am for efficient use of residential space but these are 800k boxes that are so close they’re practically touching. It would be a pet peeve of mine to know I couldn’t fart in an 800k single family house without my neighbor hearing.

Those little mini developments that keep popping up where a few older houses/lots with say 2 acres between them get snapped up by a developer who then bulldozes and puts up 8 McMansions in the space.

I am for efficient use of residential space but these are 800k boxes that are so close they’re practically touching. It would be a pet peeve of mine to know I couldn’t fart in an 800k single family house without my neighbor hearing.

DENSITY

There's a corner lot in Durham where they bulldozed 1 house and built two houses and a townhouse with 3 units in the same space. I'm not even mad, just impressed.

Those stupid nextdoor complaints from Weddington residents complaining that the latest mega development will hurt the character of the town. Dude you moved from Buffalo five years ago into the mega development you’re posting from. That is the character of weddington!

Complaining that Harris teeter is soooo much more expensive than other grocery stores. Try buying more fresh produce and meat on sale (reasonable prices and high quality) and less convenience snack food and non perishables (easy to mark up).

That little light rail line that goes like 5 blocks down trade street in either direction. How about getting the silver line moving within my lifetime instead of dropping $Texas on an empty streetcar?

Back