• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Convo in my media class today:

Professor: "Crime has been down statistically in the States over the past two years which is a positive."

Someone raises their hand to ask:

"What do you mean by down?"

Professor: "Down like, less crime"

Student: "But by what measure do you mean down? How do they measure 'down'? I don't know what that means"

....what, kill yourself

No SAT

People that drive slow in the fast lane and act like you're crazy for passing them on the right.

Fat people that are fat by choice and then have a handicap sticker for parking and act like they're helpless and want special consideration for their inability to move because they eat too damn much.

People that let their dogs crap in the middle of a running trail/side walk and don't pick it up and it gets on my shoe and I have to try to rub it off on the grass or try to get it out of the tread with a twig and inevitably it gets in my damn car....bastards!!

Parents that purposefully talk loud to their kids in baby talk so everyone can hear them and think how damn cute they are even though we all have them and don't give a rat's ass about theirs or what they're doing.

People that drive slow in the fast lane and act like you're crazy for passing them on the right.

I opened this thread to add this but you beat me to it. ARGH!!!! Just got really frustrated driving up University this aftn.

Fat people that are fat by choice and then have a handicap sticker for parking and act like they're helpless and want special consideration for their inability to move because they eat too damn much.

People that let their dogs crap in the middle of a running trail/side walk and don't pick it up and it gets on my shoe and I have to try to rub it off on the grass or try to get it out of the tread with a twig and inevitably it gets in my damn car....bastards!!

Parents that purposefully talk loud to their kids in baby talk so everyone can hear them and think how damn cute they are even though we all have them and don't give a rat's ass about theirs or what they're doing.

People that cut me off as I am trying to get out of their way and pass me at insane speeds in the right lane.

Skinny people that consistently bitch about fat people.

People that can't avoid dog crap in the middle of a trail or sidewalk.

People who seemingly have no "ignore" function in their daily life.

Ahh screw it, I was trying to be counter to all your statements, but the last one especially, I just can't see how that wouldn't annoy everyone...

People that cut me off as I am trying to get out of their way and pass me at insane speeds in the right lane.

Ahh screw it, I was trying to be counter to all your statements, but the last one especially, I just can't see how that wouldn't annoy everyone...

Not picking up your dog's shit is pretty indefensible.

I'm glad you live in Raleigh....

At work- people who ask for help before trying to help themselves.
People who ask for help, but don't have time for me to help them. What the hell? Did you expect me to wave a magic wand over your piece of shit computer you dropped?

On the road - People who ride your ass in the fast lane when you're already doing 10 over. I know you're in a hurry to drive straight into a bridge abutment, but I'm going fast enough as it is.

Playing basketball - fidgety douche bags who just scratch and hand check the fuck out of you, instead of playing real defense. Learn how to play basketball and take some damn Ritalin.

Women - Why can't some women just admit to themselves that they have too much hair on their upper lip? Wax your fucking mustache Burt Reynolds. Pretending it's not there won't make it go away. You know it's there, because you spend 45 minutes a day in front of the mirror.

Life - Bank and Post Office hours. The only time these places are open, is when most people are at work. What the fuck is the point?

Last edited:
People who ask for help, but don't have time for me to help them. What the hell? Did you expect me to wave a magic wand over your piece of shit computer you dropped?

On the road - People who ride your ass in the fast lane when you're already doing 10 over. I know you're in a hurry to drive straight into a bridge abutment, but I'm going fast enough as it is.

Playing basketball - fidgety douche bags who just scratch and hand check the fuck out of you, instead of playing real defense. Learn how to play basketball and take some damn Ritalin.

Women - Why can't some women just admit to themselves that they have too much hair on their upper lip? Wax your fucking mustache Burt Reynolds. Pretending it's not there won't make it go away. You know it's there, because you spend 45 minutes a day in front of the mirror.

Life - Bank and Post Office hours. The only time these places are open, is when most people are at work. What the fuck is the point?

I often wonder this myself.
and as for women with mustaches...I feel ya. I saw a woman the other day (in her mid 30s I'm guessing) with a full blown 'stache. I mean come on! wax.that.shit.

I've done this before, for example on some roads where the speed limit is 55 but the flow of traffic is actually around 70. If I'm speeding in the left lane, and I see someone come up behind me who's speeding even more, I just move over and let him pass. I'm not sure why I should decide the threshold for speeding that is okay, and what is too much. What's the big deal :noidea:

ETA: Also +1 on the post office/bank hours. It's always such a pain to get to either, and the line is always ridiculously long around lunchtime.

When you order a burrito and one item (black beans, salsa, sour cream, whatever) is all piled up at one end of the burrito and not evenly mixed with everything else.

People who think they have been deputized as traffic cops.

HAVING TO USE LOTUS NOTES FOR EMAIL AT WORKfuuuu

Man I remember that crap. Especially when the company is Fortune 500 and is just too damn cheap to install Outlook. Maybe because the asshole CEO hired from some obscure GE division is making more than the entire IT department.

When you order a burrito and one item (black beans, salsa, sour cream, whatever) is all piled up at one end of the burrito and not evenly mixed with everything else.

two words: naked burrito

and before i get called out, yes i know the general opinion around here is that naked burritos are for women and pansies.

forgetting to select "collate" on a big print job

napkins/paper towels with too much writing on them - plain napkins please.

Back