• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Drivers who do not understand what "Free Flowing Right Lane" means

[/B]

I often wonder this myself.
and as for women with mustaches...I feel ya. I saw a woman the other day (in her mid 30s I'm guessing) with a full blown 'stache. I mean come on! wax.that.shit.

There was a lady in the small town where I grew up who had a full on black hitler stash. I am not lying or exaggerating. It looked like she actually trimmed it up. She worked in the courthouse and when I was in there to file some papers it was so distracting I could barely complete sentences.

People who always start conversations with "You know what?" or "You know what I've been thinking?"

No, I don't know what and I sure as hell don't know what you've been thinking. Why don't you go ahead and tell me and stop wasting my time.

Drivers who do not understand what "Free Flowing Right Lane" means

I deal with this on a regular basis. Getting off Silas Creek Pkwy onto Robinhood, there is a huge fucking sign that say free flowing lane, yet without fail someone is always sitting there waiting for traffic to clear.

Man I remember that crap. Especially when the company is Fortune 500 and is just too damn cheap to install Outlook. Maybe because the asshole CEO hired from some obscure GE division is making more than the entire IT department.

I recently worked at one of the largest banks in the United States and they still used Lotus Notes. It is a worthless piece of dogshit.

i have a co-worker who laughs with an s like "sss-sss-sss-sss-ss"-- drives me absolutely bonkers!

and when something reeeally tickles his funny-bone he guffaws SUPER LOUDLY like "heauw heauww heaw heaww"

I know, it's weird. I get paranoid that the picture/writing will transfer onto my face or hands when I have to use the napkin. I usually unfold decorated napkins so I can use the plain side.

My co-worker who is 26, tells everyone that she meets that she is a triathlete and how careful she is about what she eats b/c she is "a triathlete." I traveled with her for 2 1/2 weeks, she never ate anything healthy, is very loud and and everything is "SO FUNNY," talks incessantly about coupons. She has a muffin-top bigger than mine, c'mon Mrs. Triathlete, really, a muffin top?

And now I hear that she is preggers...:sick:

Overly "creative" emoticons. One girl has been making smilies like this on facebook: C:

wtf. a smile is a colon and an end parenthesis. add a nose if you want, whatever.

classic.jpg

Joggers who insist on running in place when they come to a crosswalk they can't cross yet. For some irrational reason this drives me nuts. Do they do this because they feel they will somehow be unable to resume running if they stop and catch their breath for a few minutes, or because they can't stand to lose that two minutes of "running"?

Just stop and wait for the light to change and then start running again. I've tried doing the hopping thing but it didn't seem to keep my heart rate up and actually made my calves hurt more when I started up again.

I despise cigarette smokers that think the world is their ashtray. It doesn't matter where they are or what they are doing. When they are done smoking they just throw their cigarette on the ground wherever they happen to be.

The missus and I bought our first house last March and we've been working hard to keep it looking nice. So it drove me up the wall when her brother-in-law would come visit and go outside to smoke and then just throw the butts on the sidewalk in front of the house or in the yard.

I've trained him now to take a plastic cup out with him and to pitch it in the trash can when he leaves.

I despise cigarette smokers that think the world is their ashtray. It doesn't matter where they are or what they are doing. When they are done smoking they just throw their cigarette on the ground wherever they happen to be.

The missus and I bought our first house last March and we've been working hard to keep it looking nice. So it drove me up the wall when her brother-in-law would come visit and go outside to smoke and then just throw the butts on the sidewalk in front of the house or in the yard.

I've trained him now to take a plastic cup out with him and to pitch it in the trash can when he leaves.

My wife's aunt and uncle do the same thing. Not sure why they are so lazy they can't put it out and then throw it away.

people at work who feel that they deserve more sick and vacation time because they have kids.

anybody that wears abercrombie and fitch over the age of 25

drivers who won't use cruise control on the wide open interstate

Overly "creative" emoticons. One girl has been making smilies like this on facebook: C:

wtf. a smile is a colon and an end parenthesis. add a nose if you want, whatever.

classic.jpg

Seen some people recently using D: which throws me off every time. It looks like a directory for a computer drive.

Or a new favorite: :3

wtf is that supposed to convey?

Joggers who insist on running in place when they come to a crosswalk they can't cross yet. For some irrational reason this drives me nuts. Do they do this because they feel they will somehow be unable to resume running if they stop and catch their breath for a few minutes, or because they can't stand to lose that two minutes of "running"?

Just stop and wait for the light to change and then start running again. I've tried doing the hopping thing but it didn't seem to keep my heart rate up and actually made my calves hurt more when I started up again.

especially if it's cold out, your muscles WILL tighten up if you just totally stop and stand there. i personally try to keep moving, but i'll more just walk/wander in circles. i agree that people who jog in place creep me out.

Back