• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Seen some people recently using D: which throws me off every time. It looks like a directory for a computer drive.

Or a new favorite: :3

wtf is that supposed to convey?

buttface. (lol, i crack me up)

Seen some people recently using D: which throws me off every time. It looks like a directory for a computer drive.

That's someone with a set of testicles resting on their face.

anybody that wears abercrombie and fitch over the age of 25

What if they are Abercrombie and Fitch clothes that they bought back when A&F actually sold nice clothing?

I still have a bunch of winter coats from there that I still wear.

What if they are Abercrombie and Fitch clothes that they bought back when A&F actually sold nice clothing?

I still have a bunch of winter coats from there that I still wear.

How many 20 year old winter coats do you need in Savannah?

bumping this back up to include an occurrence from this morning: disabled people who try to jaywalk.

normally jaywalking doesn't bother me. but if you physically do not have the ability to dart between cars, then you need to be going to the next block that actually has a light. this morning, an old man with a cane nearly got himself killed and practically caused a 3-4 car accident because he wasn't willing to walk an extra half of a block to get to the next light. and i work on a relatively busy street, and consistently see people in wheelchairs crossing the road without the protected light. this is so absurdly stupid, and is putting MULTIPLE lives in danger. please think these things through, people!

bumping this back up to include an occurrence from this morning: disabled people who try to jaywalk.

normally jaywalking doesn't bother me. but if you physically do not have the ability to dart between cars, then you need to be going to the next block that actually has a light. this morning, an old man with a cane nearly got himself killed and practically caused a 3-4 car accident because he wasn't willing to walk an extra half of a block to get to the next light. and i work on a relatively busy street, and consistently see people in wheelchairs crossing the road without the protected light. this is so absurdly stupid, and is putting MULTIPLE lives in danger. please think these things through, people!

I'll add people that walk slowly across crosswalks when it is obvious they don't have any disability and they just appear disinterested in the cars who are waiting for them to cross. At least give a friendly wave or something..

people at work who feel that they deserve more sick and vacation time because they have kids.

anybody that wears abercrombie and fitch over the age of 25

drivers who won't use cruise control on the wide open interstate

this is true.

I'll add people that walk slowly across crosswalks when it is obvious they don't have any disability and they just appear disinterested in the cars who are waiting for them to cross. At least give a friendly wave or something..

fuck jaywalkers. this morning this dumb fuck in our neighborhood pulled the "start walking across the street JUST as the light turns green, look awkwardly at the line of cars, then continue as everyone rolls their eyes and hold us all up". i wanted to stab him.

:3|

:3O

:3D

Clearly it's a sweet mustache. They just forgot to add the mouth under it.

Some recent things that have bothered me

People that don't sweat at the gym.....what's that all about.
I sweat like a stuck pig, I think I have a condition, I don't expect everyone to sweat like me but if you're not sweating you're not trying and if you're not trying why are you cluttering up the gym? I'm trying to stay in shape and don't need you walking on the treadmills, going 2 mph on the elliptical and sitting on the benches/weight machines doing nothing.
Also, if i'm on the treadmill and my shirt is wet it's not because it's raining outside, it's because I'm fucking sweating. If you're worried about getting a stray sweat droplet on you then don't get on the fucking treadmill that's right next to me where there are 10 open ones.

Since we're on gym topics....people that don't do exercises correctly and then talk about how much/many they can do. I do this boot camp/p90x type class and usually we start off with 100 push-ups....well, it doesn't really mean 100, but the instructor will count to 100 and you just do as many pushups as you can in that time period. I usually get about 60-65 and there is this other guy who does little half bs pushups real fast that says he does 80-90, I want to tell him he does pushups like a little girl and to STFU. Or someone who talks about how much they can squat or bench and then you watch them and they don't go down all the way or even worse, they use the machine (which everyone knows isn't real weight)

Some recent things that have bothered me

People that don't sweat at the gym.....what's that all about.
I sweat like a stuck pig, I think I have a condition, I don't expect everyone to sweat like me but if you're not sweating you're not trying and if you're not trying why are you cluttering up the gym? I'm trying to stay in shape and don't need you walking on the treadmills, going 2 mph on the elliptical and sitting on the benches/weight machines doing nothing.
Also, if i'm on the treadmill and my shirt is wet it's not because it's raining outside, it's because I'm fucking sweating. If you're worried about getting a stray sweat droplet on you then don't get on the fucking treadmill that's right next to me where there are 10 open ones.

Since we're on gym topics....people that don't do exercises correctly and then talk about how much/many they can do. I do this boot camp/p90x type class and usually we start off with 100 push-ups....well, it doesn't really mean 100, but the instructor will count to 100 and you just do as many pushups as you can in that time period. I usually get about 60-65 and there is this other guy who does little half bs pushups real fast that says he does 80-90, I want to tell him he does pushups like a little girl and to STFU. Or someone who talks about how much they can squat or bench and then you watch them and they don't go down all the way or even worse, they use the machine (which everyone knows isn't real weight)

Agreed on ALL points!!

People who hit "reply all" even when their response is only directed at one person. To me, incredibly annoying.

people who walk into a store 5 min before they close...like "oh they can wait for me...I'm a paying customer." it is so rude.

Back