• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

My chatty, preggers co-worker who continually refers to her Toyota Rav 4 as a "truck."

images

People who don't know how to make a left hand turn at a stop light when there is no arrow.

I got stuck behind someone yesterday who let the light cycle through twice. And yes, she knew the light had changed because she would move up about 1foot each time.

I'm just glad she took a different entrance into the parking garage otherwise she'd be the type that spends 25 min. trying to find a parking space rather than proceeding to a level with ample spaces.

When a car in front of me pulls into the same drivethru that I'm pulling into.

How about that pack of 10 or more bike riders that wont get the hell out of the road or move over when you are trying to pass.

People who think just because you didn't attend the school that you are pulling for, you have little right to wear the gear or pull for that team.

People who let their kids play video games while at the dinner table. Drives me nuts. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old and they know better. Dinnertime is for eating and talking with one another in my house or at a restaurant.

People who can't seem to put their fucking phone down for 5 minutes without texting when they are having a conversation with you.

People who bitch about their favorite tv show getting interrupted because there are tornadoes spawning all over the place and the weather folks seem to stay on the air too long for some folks liking. Just because you are in the clear doesn't mean I am.

Assholes who drink and drive.

Nosy ass people.

People who complain about America being involved in too many things around the world, and then when the shit hits the fan somewhere and America doesn't immediatley respond, they say "why don't we do something?"

Trying to buy gas at the pump and I get 40 questions before I can get my gas. No I don't want the carwash, I don't want to type in my zipcode, I just want my damn gas.

People who want to get rid of guns. Get rid of alcohol and then we'll talk.

Parents who seem to think coaching t-ball is the same as coaching the major leagues. Keep it simple dumbass, all you are doing is confusing the hell out of the kids when all you need to do is keep it simple.

People who tatoo the hell out of their bodies like their whole leg or the back/sides of their necks and then look at you crazy because you are looking at them.

Trying to buy gas at the pump and I get 40 questions before I can get my gas. No I don't want the carwash, I don't want to type in my zipcode, I just want my damn gas.

Good call. That way when somebody steals your credit card he can just get some damn gas without having to type in the zip code.

People who hit "reply all" even when their response is only directed at one person. To me, incredibly annoying.

It's kind of astonishing how hard it is for people to grasp the purpose of reply all. Recently we had a staff e-mail go out asking us to direct future business card orders to X employee and this woman in our client services group replies all to say "Great reminder! Please order me new cards with my updated title and new last name." :tard:

The newest phrase from my chatty, preggers co-worker. She does not "multiply" two numbers, she "times" them.

""Sometime it gets confusing when you are timesing all of those numbers together."

People who negrep anonymously.

You wanna disagree with me? Don't think I'm funny? Fine, call me out in public, send me a message or man up and sign your negrep. Don't be a little bitch and hide on a fricking internet message board.

So would that be called verbing up a noun?

I'd pen you a tale about it, but it's called anthimeria. It's a valid rhetorical device, but most people don't get the subtleties of the usage.

Therefore, carry on with your rage. Someday you will hear someone say, "Myself and John totally beered these bitches," and you will think about committing a hate crime. Or seven.

People who negrep anonymously.

You wanna disagree with me? Don't think I'm funny? Fine, call me out in public, send me a message or man up and sign your negrep. Don't be a little bitch and hide on a fricking internet message board.

:NegRep Pussy batsignal:

I'd pen you a tale about it, but it's called anthimeria. It's a valid rhetorical device, but most people don't get the subtleties of the usage.

Therefore, carry on with your rage. Someday you will hear someone say, "Myself and John totally beered these bitches," and you will think about committing a hate crime. Or seven.

I would totally hate crime an idiot like that. Would you be down to help I?

I hate paying for parking at any business. If you want me to come to your office, reataurant, ballpark, hotel or whatever parking is no different than electricity or keeping your facility clean.

When you walk into Nordstrom's they don't have a guy asking you for $2 for the electricity you might use or $1 for the janitor.

If you want me in your business, don't make me pay for parking.

I hate paying for parking at any business. If you want me to come to your office, reataurant, ballpark, hotel or whatever parking is no different than electricity or keeping your facility clean.

When you walk into Nordstrom's they don't have a guy asking you for $2 for the electricity you might use or $1 for the janitor.

If you want me in your business, don't make me pay for parking.

in the same vein, paying to park at your workplace.

you hired me to work here and you charge me to get here? seems silly.

The VP of our company is in the next office talking to one of the guys on my team, and he's throwing out buzz words every chance he gets...this is driving me absolutely insane, because I know this jackass does it to sound more savvy than he really is.

I have two basically.

1) Being hung up on. That makes me want to rip someones eyeballs out.

2) Anything that has to do with directions being screwed up. If someone tells me to turn left and I do, yet that makes us sit in 7 red lights instead of going an alternative route, that really pisses me off. Related to this is if I am with someone and we are headed to the metro, say, and they are dragging their feet, or need to go to the bathroom, or just generally are not walking with the same sense of purpose that I am, and of course we just miss the train and have to wait 20 minutes for the next one, yeah, I am about ready to go apeshit.

I get annoyed when I am on the computer and someone just walks up and starts looking at what I am doing. Usually its reading the boards or news, but I just find it really rude when people do that.

Back