• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

1. People who drive slow in the fast lane. Keep right, pass left is the law (at least in most places). If I'm passing you on the right it's because you are breaking the law - even if I'm speeding too. If you're in the left lane and a car comes up behind you, move over if you have room to do so. If you're from Pennsylvania, chances are you struggle with this concept.

2. Litterers in general. Especially smokers and people who don't pick up after their dogs.

3. Fat people. I probably wouldn't even have such a problem with universal healthcare if I didn't have to look at fat people all of the time and think about how I have to pay their medical bills. This includes the fatasses who take the elevator to go up one floor, mentioned above.

2. Litterers in general. Especially smokers and people who don't pick up after their dogs.

Me too. On a related note, I get angry when people just assume you are not going to pick up the shit. I was walking the dog, she is in the middle of her business and this lady comes out the front door and starts yelling at me that its the law and if I don't "pick up that shit" she is going to report it. I just hold up the bag and say "mkay, have a nice day".

I hate homeless people/panhandlers who hit me up for money and become verbally abusive when I choose to ignore their request. Just because you ask me for money doesn't mean I am obligated to give you anything.

I get annoyed when I am on the computer and someone just walks up and starts looking at what I am doing. Usually its reading the boards or news, but I just find it really rude when people do that.

Ahhh me too. I hateee this. Same with reading my texts.

Ahhh me too. I hateee this. Same with reading my texts.

does this actually qualify as a pet peeve though? i've always thought of pet peeves as something that really SHOULDN'T bother you, but it does. with this, i think it is perfectly understandable that it bothers you. that's a complete invasion of privacy.

does this actually qualify as a pet peeve though? i've always thought of pet peeves as something that really SHOULDN'T bother you, but it does. with this, i think it is perfectly understandable that it bothers you. that's a complete invasion of privacy.

If I'm doing something personal like checking my bank account or something similar, it is a real invasion of privacy. If I'm reading a news article or watching YouTube, I shouldn't really care that someone else is interested and looking. But, I do, it really bothers me.

I think a pet peeve is just something that especially annoys you. Like it might annoy everyone a little bit but for some reason it really grinds your gears. I think the last thread we had like this was about things that bother you for no reason, though.

I might have already posted it here, but I will post again:

guests who use your body towel to dry their hands when there is clearly a separate hand towel on its own rack!

also, people who do not have a hand towel in the bathroom they let guests use. something about using someone's bath towel to dry my hands skeeves me out, even though they should be clean when using it.

I might have already posted it here, but I will post again:

guests who use your body towel to dry their hands when there is clearly a separate hand towel on its own rack!

also, people who do not have a hand towel in the bathroom they let guests use. something about using someone's bath towel to dry my hands skeeves me out, even though they should be clean when using it.

I know some people are germaphobes but if there is a hand towel hanging in the bathroom, use it and don't ask for paper towels. I change those towels out every day and it's clean. Look around my place, I'm a neat freak.

wo... people ask for paper towels in your bathroom?? I understand people using/looking for them in the kitchen but I've certainly never heard of anyone walking out of the bathroom with dripping hands looking for a paper towel. :rulz:

also - you change your hand towel daily? your laundry must be insane.

It doesn't bother me so much if someone uses my towel to dry their hands but I definitely don't like having to use someone's towel to dry my hands. Sure they were clean when they used it but I still don't want to use a spot where they dried their undercarriage or something.

It doesn't bother me so much if someone uses my towel to dry their hands but I definitely don't like having to use someone's towel to dry my hands. Sure they were clean when they used it but I still don't want to use a spot where they dried their undercarriage or something.

gah I know one day I'm going to get some stray pubes on my hand when I have to use someone's body towel. :sick:

Printers that consume color ink while set to print only in B&W, and then quit printing (even in B&W) when one of the color cartridges is empty.

wo... people ask for paper towels in your bathroom?? I understand people using/looking for them in the kitchen but I've certainly never heard of anyone walking out of the bathroom with dripping hands looking for a paper towel. :rulz:

also - you change your hand towel daily? your laundry must be insane.

I do laundry once a week and hand towels are pretty small. Maybe I don't change it every day but at least 4 times a week. The regular shower towel gets used the whole week most times.

I do laundry once a week and hand towels are pretty small. Maybe I don't change it every day but at least 4 times a week. The regular shower towel gets used the whole week most times.

okay, I figured if you changed the hand towel daily you'd change the shower towel daily too. still seems like overkill to me but that's at least manageable in the laundry.

Leaving about 1/3 cup of coffee in the office coffee pot. You know that there's not enough left for a full cup, yet you it there to justify not making another pot. Lazy SOB!!!!

Whenever I plug my iPod into my car stereo, it automatically plays the same Vampire Weekend song until I'm able to put on whatever I want to listen to. It's made me pretty much hate that song.

Back