• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

There is a species called Canada Geese, and they range through out North America and northern Europe. Geese of any species hatched and raised in Canada would be Canadian Geese.

GordonDietzman-20160716-4541.jpg

There is a species called Canada Geese, and they range through out North America and northern Europe. Geese of any species hatched and raised in Canada would be Canadian Geese.

if only this were a goose version of this gif:

jeremiah_johnson_nodding-Robert-Redford.gif

Lots of bird people get pissy about this, also about the word "Seagull." Doesn't bother me though, I am usually just happy that people are talking about birds at all.

Guessing it's technically just a "gull" and prob more specific kinds of gulls.

I wish they all could be California gulls.

In California there are California Gulls, Western Gulls, Heerman’s Gulls, Mew Gulls, Bonaparte’s Gulls (they are very small gulls), Black legged kittiwakes, and several more. All Californian gulls but only some are California Gulls.

I’m sure this has been covered, but people who drive slowly in the left lane with other cars behind them.

Again, the fucking PP boards. I've been told that I'm banned for a month, year, and ten years by various mods. And it's radio silence from some of them. Fuck me.

I say Canadian Geese. Canada geese sounds weird to me. In fact, I'm not sure I've ever heard someone call them that out loud. Would be like saying France fries instead of French fries.

Then people around you who know better have been judging you...

And shit all over my golf course.

There is a golf course near Valley Forge called General Washington. I think it's the 15th hole (haven't played there in 35+ years). It's a dogleg to the right. You could cut off about 50-70 yards by playing just inside the tree (and pond). The problem is if you went too far right you could be under a tree or in the water. The other problem was the geese and the goose shit.

Geese are not nice birds.

what did you do

Tore into one of the staff reporters for having VIP posts littering the public board. They showed up as an ad to buy a subscription. He tried to throw a sympathy card down, which I knocked off the table. I'm still getting no replies from the mods I've contacted.

This was all in PM, and not on the boards, so revoking my posting privileges is kinda dumb.

There is a golf course near Valley Forge called General Washington. I think it's the 15th hole (haven't played there in 35+ years). It's a dogleg to the right. You could cut off about 50-70 yards by playing just inside the tree (and pond). The problem is if you went too far right you could be under a tree or in the water. The other problem was the geese and the goose shit.

Geese are not nice birds.

Is it the geese’s fault that someone built a golf course through their latrine?

Hey Birdman - some golf courses supposedly get swans to hang around their ponds and chase off the geese - it is true that swans and geese don't get along and that the geese will leave? Are swans territorial or something?

Back