• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

Dads at kid basketball games constantly complaining about the officiating. Basketball officiating sucks at all levels, and this is kid rec bball. Shut the fuck up we get it

Sometimes a drink with a straw makes more sense - fast food drive thru, movie theater, frozen rum drink, etc.

The real question is, when the waiter drops straws at your table at a casual restaurant for your water/tea/soda, do you use them? That's how you know if someone is a straw person. My answer is no 100% of the time.

Dads at kid basketball games constantly complaining about the officiating. Basketball officiating sucks at all levels, and this is kid rec bball. Shut the fuck up we get it

Yeah, dudes don't realize how much of an ass they look like to literally every other adult. It's embarrassing to their wives, kids . . . everybody. Women do it too though. You want to call palming on a 10-year old ? Get a life.

I do get a little perturbed though when a ref is too chickenshit to call a foul on a kid who is actually putting another player in physical danger. By the time they're in 4th grade or so that stuff can escalate quickly. Kids need to get a yellow card for dangerous tackles to learn the game and learn to respect other players.

I saw a kid in church league basketball game attempt to trip another kid from behind who was dribbling the ball down the court on a fast break, he missed him, but there should have been a whistle. It was right in front of the stands and all of the parents saw it. I don't know how the refs missed it but I guess I can give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty sure his coach didn't see it. As coincidence would have it, the father of the kid who pulled that stunt, had gotten up and left ten minutes earlier after embarrassing himself (and his wife) for yelling at the refs over perceived missed calls.

People saying nice things about duke

Especially in formal contexts where it's less appropriate for me to yell at them

People saying nice things about duke

Especially in formal contexts where it's less appropriate for me to yell at them

Yeah and by extension so called Wake fans wanting to hire duke grads to coach the basketball team

Sometimes a drink with a straw makes more sense - fast food drive thru, movie theater, frozen rum drink, etc.

The real question is, when the waiter drops straws at your table at a casual restaurant for your water/tea/soda, do you use them? That's how you know if someone is a straw person. My answer is no 100% of the time.

This is 100% correct

Definitely no if I am drinking from a glass. If it's one of those thick plastic red or clear cups (think Pizza Hut), I typically go straw because those things always look 15 years old and have dried lipstick or something like that on them. Just don't view them as clean.

One of the regular refs in my rec league as a kid worked at the same plant as my Dad, and was technically his subordinate. One game I got called for dragging my pivot foot, put the ball on the court, and kicked it so it rolled to the ref, who immediately T'd me up. My Dad gave him a standing O. Tough ride home that night.

People who post on social media that they’re giving up social media for lent. No one cares and that’s not sacrificial unless you’re job is a social media manager.

People who post on social media that they’re giving up social media for lent. No one cares and that’s not sacrificial unless you’re job is a social media manager.

Like you weren't upset when RJKarl couldn't post for a week.

oh man, our yearly reminder that all powerful God is only happy if his powerless, fate-bound creations caught in the Mouse Trap hell of human existence he created give up minor creature comforts for a few weeks.

oh man, our yearly reminder that all powerful God is only happy if his powerless, fate-bound creations caught in the Mouse Trap hell of human existence he created give up minor creature comforts for a few weeks.

Don't forget the indignity of smearing of crap on one's forehead.

lol you funny, man

You animals who can’t/won’t/don’t hold your silverware correctly. You immediately lose credibility, and if you are a woman you were undateable

Back