• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

sure, not positive "version" is the best term either, because I think placing importance on the timeline might be a more western approach

maybe "after a You dies"

Last edited:
I hate the mnemonic "lefty loosey, righty tighty". It sounds like shit, rotation is "clockwise or counterclockwise", not "left or right", and it doesn't work if you are looking in the wrong direction (such as reaching behind a wall).

Better rule: take your right hand, and point your thumb in the direction you want the nut/bolt/screw to go. Your fingers will curl in the direction to rotate the item.

I’m going stick with right tightly lefty loosey, but thanks anyway

I hate the mnemonic "lefty loosey, righty tighty". It sounds like shit, rotation is "clockwise or counterclockwise", not "left or right", and it doesn't work if you are looking in the wrong direction (such as reaching behind a wall).

Better rule: take your right hand, and point your thumb in the direction you want the nut/bolt/screw to go. Your fingers will curl in the direction to rotate the item.

take it to the unpopular opinion thread

Trade people (roofers, gutter cleaners, window repair, contractors, etc) who don't call back, don't give bids in a timely manner, etc. Your entire business is providing a service.

Right-handed privilege!

I get irrationally angry when someone capitalizes random words that are not proper nouns in written communication. How can anyone who made it through elementary school make these mistakes.

If you see it in random internet comments it could be from a native German speaker. Like native French speakers and Francophiles like BiffTannen who leave a space before high punctuation marks.

If you see it in random internet comments it could be from a native German speaker. Like native French speakers and Francophiles like BiffTannen who leave a space before high punctuation marks.

Yeah more like the idiot girl my wife went to HS with who now calls herself a business owner because she’s a hairdresser who rents out a single space in some flex setup in their hometown.

I get irrationally angry when someone capitalizes random words that are not proper nouns in written communication. How can anyone who made it through elementary school make these mistakes.

same

Well at least you won’t have to read that in Trump’s tweets anymore

when people use FOMO incorrectly, typically in reference to things that have already happened

when a streaming service has something you finished watching (at least until the credits started) listed in the continue watching section. HBO Max is particularly bad with this.

When connor el writes in that unreadable redneck dialect

Back