• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

seems like every major city in Europe has one so clearly it can serve a purpose if done correctly

One would think that the national Secretary of Transportation would have ensured that it was done correctly.

But yes, it serves the same purpose and with less traffic implications as could be accomplished by a single bus for about $199,900,000 less. Hell, go nuts and make it a single electric bus and then give each homeless person in Charlotte $50,000 and we still come out way ahead.

Good article, Digg.

First world problem: People on the first floor who push the "up" elevator button and stand right in front of the door as it comes down, then as soon as the door opens opens try to step in before realizing there are people already in the thing who are getting off. The you have to do that awkward shuffle thing (left/right/up/back) before everybody gets where they need to be.

Not sure if a pet peeve or not, but I hate the “men shouldn’t wear shorts except working out or a bathing suit” take.

I dunno it was inspired by a guy on my freshman hall posting it a lot lately on his IG stories. But he’s a NYC hipster, so

ANZAC troops used to have shorts as part of their basic uniform

that guy sounds like fedora wearing dork

Why is meat in the US dominated by beef, pork and chicken, why arent lamb and duck as equally available?

Back