• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Travel Service: St. Louis

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
The girlfriend and I are heading to St. Louis in a few weeks for a wedding. We're staying in a suburb (due to proximity to the wedding/reception) but we're renting a car so we want to see the city. We'll have all afternoon/evening on Friday and the morning/early afternoon on Sunday to spend there.

I would definitely like to see the City Museum, but that's about the only sure thing on my list.

Also need a nice dinner recommendation for that Friday night.

Go see Chic and Matt......

and get really belly bombers.

what suburb are you staying in?

friday night dinner i would recommend citizen kane if youre near kirkwood area, but if youre downtown, sidney st cafe is cool, tonys downtown is $$$, or just anywhere on the hill

the zoo is free and forest park is cool, try to do the bud tour, go to the arch, a little riverboat gambing for sure

Reception is at Scott AFB so we're staying somewhere near O'Fallon.

Headed to St. Louis for the first time. Staying near the Arch. Any tips?

need reservations to go up in the arch

St Louis really sucks. Food is good though.

Any specific food recs?

STL isn't that bad

downtown is sad, it just seems deserted. city museum was fun.

we had randomly awesome cajun food at a place near the ballpark, broadway oyster bar and good bbq at a place i forget the name of and good peruvian at a place i forget the name of

Ask everyone you meet where they went to high school, expect them to do the same to you.

Oh, and eat Italian on the hill. Dominic's or Kemoll's or Lorenzo's.

St Louis really sucks. Food is good though.

Been going for work for over 5 years now. Started as a consultant, when they went to hire me they didn't bother asking if I would move there because even people living there don't like it.

Although I have found a few good restaurants there, would have to say their food sucks too. Toasted ravioli might be the worst idea ever and gooey butter cake seems like something D students in home ec screwed up trying to make a real cake.

Go to Shaved Duck if you are visiting though.

downtown is sad, it just seems deserted. city museum was fun.

we had randomly awesome cajun food at a place near the ballpark, broadway oyster bar and good bbq at a place i forget the name of and good peruvian at a place i forget the name of

Didn’t remember this post. I ate at Sugarfire for solid BBQ. Good donuts at Pharoah’s.

I also had randomly awesome Cajun food at Broadway Oyster Bar. Fantastic shrimp and corn chowder and lobster and wild mushroom pasta. Two good local beers too. Thanks to the valet who said the good places close by were “Sugarfire, TGI Friday’s, and Broadway Oyster Bar.”

That area is a great counterexample to the idea a sports stadium will revitalize a community. Busch Stadium looks amazing from the outside. The neighborhood is shit. The walk from the city landmark to the baseball stadium should have more going for it.

St. Louis is probably the most depressing city I’ve visited. It’s got so little going for it. Ferguson makes sense. Seems like the only joy there could be abusing power over others.

The Arch is a notable landmark but a 1960s landmark to Western expansion (and all the exploitation and exclusion that came with it) is problematic. The tram to the top wasn’t enjoyable and the top was cramped as well.

So happy for my boy Todd Gurley that he got to upgrade from St. Louis to LA. That’s like a reverse KD.

I had really good Afghan food at a place near Urban Chestnut Brewery. Recommend both. Sugarfire was good too. Blue Lives matter signs everywhere though, especially on The Hill.

Back