• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Combo. Wife will probably mix wine, beer and a cocktail, but slowly. I'll do liquor and beer.

Will probably end up at JOTW for bluegrass jam night.

cookoutdeac is heavy on the Wicked Week suggestion.

Staying at aloft.

Hell yeah mang, Wicked Weed is my favorite brewery downtown. They are bringing teh heat. Plus it's so close, you pretty much have to go.

Hell yeah mang, Wicked Weed is my favorite brewery downtown. They are bringing teh heat. Plus it's so close, you pretty much have to go.

yes yes all of the yes. plus, it's practically next door (i think it is next door?) to aloft.

yes yes all of the yes. plus, it's practically next door (i think it is next door?) to aloft.

Practically, there is one building between the two iirc (mamacitas).

Wicked Weed is getting a lot of national pub and their beers are really good. They are some serious shit tho, I'd go to check it out and try a couple but if you stay too long you're heading down a deep dark path.

I like Hi-Wire which is another newer brewery, the beers are more traditional and drinkable than Wicked Weed. Thirsty Monk is pretty cool if it's nice and you can hang outside otherwise I don't really like it, the downstairs is a real downer imo. If you like JOTW green man has a bar downtown that gets a solid HH crowd. I think it closes early tho.

5 Walnut is a wine bar that is pretty solid. Sazerac and storm rhum bar have some really good cocktails. Sazerac has a nice open air patio upstairs that is enjoyable.

Limones is really small, I think it's pretty hard to just get drinks there. Maybe on a thursday it won't be too bad and you can get to the bar.

Wicked Weed is getting a lot of national pub and their beers are really good. They are some serious shit tho, I'd go to check it out and try a couple but if you stay too long you're heading down a deep dark path.

I like Hi-Wire which is another newer brewery, the beers are more traditional and drinkable than Wicked Weed. Thirsty Monk is pretty cool if it's nice and you can hang outside otherwise I don't really like it, the downstairs is a real downer imo. If you like JOTW green man has a bar downtown that gets a solid HH crowd. I think it closes early tho.

5 Walnut is a wine bar that is pretty solid. Sazerac and storm rhum bar have some really good cocktails. Sazerac has a nice open air patio upstairs that is enjoyable.

Hi-Wire the place that's kind of close to ABC?

Limones is really small, I think it's pretty hard to just get drinks there. Maybe on a thursday it won't be too bad and you can get to the bar.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking, but worth a shot probs for a marg.

5 Walnut is very underrated in my opinion. Plus that slim brunette with the glasses that works there is pretty strong.

Never been there but I'm already in love. I'm the white PH of mousy brunettes. And the glasses are worth at least +2.

Thank Ophelia.

We were in Asheville this weekend and stopped by Wicked Weed for a drink. Had to fight through the line of people heading to the Orange Peel for Ani Difranco, but the wait to get into Wicked Weed only took about 10 minutes.

We had already eaten, so we didn't try any food, just had a couple of beers. I had the "Lucid Blonde" which was pretty good. RDToy got something like "Wild Vigilance Ale" which was pineapple and something else in the beer. It was foul. I mean ungodly awful. It tasted like skunky, carbonated grapefruit juice. Definitely one that should have just been poured out, never to be sampled by the unwitting public.

I'll give them another shot, since we've only had two beers from there.

Was there this weekend for the marathon, but since we had the kids in tow, we just hit the more family friendly places like early girl, etc. No time to hit the breweries.

We were in Asheville this weekend and stopped by Wicked Weed for a drink. Had to fight through the line of people heading to the Orange Peel for Ani Difranco, but the wait to get into Wicked Weed only took about 10 minutes.

We had already eaten, so we didn't try any food, just had a couple of beers. I had the "Lucid Blonde" which was pretty good. RDToy got something like "Wild Vigilance Ale" which was pineapple and something else in the beer. It was foul. I mean ungodly awful. It tasted like skunky, carbonated grapefruit juice. Definitely one that should have just been poured out, never to be sampled by the unwitting public.

I'll give them another shot, since we've only had two beers from there.

Yeah bro stay away from the funky ones w/ fruit (think that had Guava in it also) and stick to the IPAs and Belgians.

Seems like a lot of us were in Asheville this weekend. Do any of y'all know what chocolate stores there are downtown? We had some from one of them this weekend and they were delicious. I think it is beside a restaurant that starts with an s.

Seems like a lot of us were in Asheville this weekend. Do any of y'all know what chocolate stores there are downtown? We had some from one of them this weekend and they were delicious. I think it is beside a restaurant that starts with an s.

The only ones I can think of are The French Broad Chocolate Lounge and The Chocolate Fetish.

Back