• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

The only ones I can think of are The French Broad Chocolate Lounge and The Chocolate Fetish.

I think it was chocolate fetish. They had a wonderful one that was a dark chocolate truffle with pink peppercorn in it.

Yeah, it had pineapple and guava. It was one of the worst beers I've ever tasted.

pineapple and guava have no place in beer. that should have been your clue right there.

pineapple and guava have no place in beer. that should have been your clue right there.

Well, yeah, but I've had some pretty good beers infused with some fairly weird flavors, so you have to give it a shot, you know?

ehh, i'll try it in a shot glass as a little taster, but i'm not committing to a whole pint of something too crazy without a sample.

ehh, i'll try it in a shot glass as a little taster, but i'm not committing to a whole pint of something too crazy without a sample.

Granted, I agree. I didn't order it anyway, to be clear. But I did little to discourage RDToy from ordering it. Then all I did was continue to drink it and complain. I was determined not to waste it, so I would power through several swallows of it and then curse it for a minute before holding my nose and drinking more.

so reading through this and looks like Curate would be recommended by some of y'all?

so reading through this and looks like Curate would be recommended by some of y'all?

Mmmm yeah if you're rdy to drop a little cash Curate is fantastic. Went there for puttersdeac bday dinner last year, so many good things.

Nice. The lady friend has been on about Curate for a while. We might go check it out under the condition that I am not to say to any staff at the restaurant Ahhh, Ka-ra-te like how Asians would say karate, which I like to do and is fucking HILARIOUS.

Nice, think we've got a reservation there next weekend. Super pumped.

Get at me habanero margaritaaa.

that margarita was phenomenal.

Post-Limones we hit up Wicked Weed and Barley's Tap Room. Sunday hit up Early Girl, by the time I had parked and got back up to the restaurant, it was like a 10 minute wait so not bad at all (probably a 30 minute wait total I'm guessing). Really fun times up there this weekend.

At Xmas Jam I ate.

At the Noodle Shop for lunch Friday
Had a beer at Wicked Weed Friday afternoon
At Homegrown for brunch Sunday morning

All were great.

Last edited:
Back