• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Went up this weekend. Had Curate for dinner on Saturday and Over Easy Café for breakfast on Sunday. Both really solid. Curate was just phenomenal. We sat at the bar and next to a lady who apparently goes there often so we got lots of recommendations although I hope she wasn't offended that we didn't try every dish she suggested.

Anyone mentioned Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack yet?

Very good.

http://www.rockyshotchickenshack.com/menu.html

Wow, was just about to mention this yesterday when I saw the bump but forgot to when I got back to my computer. Really really good tennessee style hot chicken. I go pretty much every time I visit (which is a couple times a month on average).

Went up this weekend. Had Curate for dinner on Saturday and Over Easy Café for breakfast on Sunday. Both really solid. Curate was just phenomenal. We sat at the bar and next to a lady who apparently goes there often so we got lots of recommendations although I hope she wasn't offended that we didn't try every dish she suggested.

Lulz, that's weird. We went to Over Easy for brunch on Sunday too, really surprised we didn't run into you guys (must have just missed each other time wise, not easy to do w/ the typical waits there). The huevos rancheros there are soooo good.

Bar sitting at Curate is ftw.

Went to Rocky's on saturday.

Me too. :squint:

So in one weekend I just missed two different posters at different restaurants.

I love that hot level chicken, though my body doesn't appreciate it quite as much the next day.

I was there around 2. Went to that new piano bar Saturday night. It was OK, the piano guys mostly stuck to big hits, so I thought it got kinda boring. Wish they had been a little more adventurous.

I was there around 2. Went to that new piano bar Saturday night. It was OK, the piano guys mostly stuck to big hits, so I thought it got kinda boring. Wish they had been a little more adventurous.

:werd: we finished up around 1:20-1:30.

Was wondering about that piano bar, thanks for the intel. I've officially decided Altamont is my favorite bar in Asheville now though.

I went to Rocky's once right after Christmas then went again on New Year's Eve. The chicken has an excellent flavor whereas some places just are hot for hot's sake. I think their collard green's are second to Moose Cafe and their sweet potato fries are also some of the best I've had.

If you like fried baby shrimp, the Moose Cafe has the best I've had in Asheville, better than any of of the seafood restaurants around here.

Any recs for watching the panthers game this weekend? Haven't really needed to find a good sports watching spot on any of my visits thus far..

Any recs for watching the panthers game this weekend? Haven't really needed to find a good sports watching spot on any of my visits thus far..

Juicy Lucy's on Hendersonville Rd has lots of TV's and drink specials.

Juicy Lucy's on Hendersonville Rd has lots of TV's and drink specials.

:werd: yeah i went there for the wake/unc football game a couple season's ago. defs will keep that in mind as an option.

anyone know any decent places in west asheville?

Does Packs' Tavern have TVs?

That's what I thought.

alright, so yeah. that's my suggestion. Pack's Tavern.

Hmm, I haven't been there yet but it looks like a ton of tables and a bunch of small tvs... I think that'll be my backup option though. I think I'm going to try The Walk in W.Asheville first since they sometimes have a giant projector for games when I've gone to the bar there in the past.

All the screens at Packs are 42" or so. Its not a sports bar per say. If you want to watch a big game, head to Wild Wing down on Biltmore.

Asheville Dining Suggestions

My wife and I are to Asheville next month. Any suggestions for good, moderately priced places appreciated.

Back